By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED! Xbox Scorpio will be shown Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific. (April 6th)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course the library is strong as far as third party is concerned,, but with Microsoft....they have there bases covered  (and then some) where they least need to be. They of all people should the graphics war never beat the greatest console of all time in terms fo support and numbers sold.

I think MS is doing a solid job on 1st party but its a different direction than Sony. X1 has the better exclusive shooters, KI is one of the best fighters in years, X1 has the edge in racing thanks to Forza, and other exclusives have been enjoyable. If I personally was compiling a list of my favorite exclusvies this gen, there is gonna be numerous X1 games on it.

I think Sony has done a better job on adventure games, while the rest of they do has been kinda meh. This is why I own both consoles, neither company is doing great at every genre. If we look solely at 1st party, I don't think PS4 has an amazing record yet. Although future titles do look promising.

Microsofts has admitted that they tried to replicate a game with the qualities of uncharted so they are not really going in a different direction. MS just serves the west where Sony serves both the east and the west. They need to invest into filling in the gaps where they are lacking. They have the better OS, better accessories and all of the other distractions (trust me, I have them), but Microsofts lists are marginalized to a couple of games at the end of the year. Thats how strong their development is. Sony can get all parties firing on all cyninders at all times of the year. It doesnt really end for them. Microsoft knows they arent even in Nintendos league in game development, so dont even need to argue about that. They are behind both of their competitors by a mile where it matters. Again, i'll have the scorpio, but that should not be the biggest news of the year for Microsoft. Thats all I am saying. If it is...the priorities are not straight. I argue less about Sony because they  have their priorties straight, but ill definitely be watching the reveal from Microsoft no different than Sony.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
SegataSanshiro said:

I'm always chill. People just misread me a lot since mental illness may block from expressing something the right way. You can think I'm an idiot all you want but not bothered. I don't have anything against Xbox. Playing Raiden IV on it now. Aside from DC Xbox is my fave 6th gen system. I got a old 360  free in 2011 and a year later when I had some money is I ran out and got a new 360 slim. I don't hate the brand at all. I don't hate nor dislike any brand. I dislike how clueless MS is this gen and I want them to do better. 360 is an amazing machine with so many varied titles. XBO not so much and I want them to be more diverse. I am being cirtical of a brand I want to to better.

I feel like you're not giving the XBO library a fair shake.

You make a blanket statment like it lacks variety, but it has a ton of games in various genres. Lots of AAA titles, indie titles and stuff inbetween. I even have Raiden V! I believe there was more risk taking in the 7th gen and both X1 and PS4 lack some variety because of that (i.e. more games in niche genres), but there is still plenty.

On a sidenote, BC technically adds a lot of variety. I mean there is a notable stuff there that many didn't play last gen and don't fall in popular genres.

Compared to PS4 it's sorely lacking.

SegataSanshiro said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I feel like you're not giving the XBO library a fair shake.

You make a blanket statment like it lacks variety, but it has a ton of games in various genres. Lots of AAA titles, indie titles and stuff inbetween. I even have Raiden V! I believe there was more risk taking in the 7th gen and both X1 and PS4 lack some variety because of that (i.e. more games in niche genres), but there is still plenty.

On a sidenote, BC technically adds a lot of variety. I mean there is a notable stuff there that many didn't play last gen and don't fall in popular genres.

Compared to PS4 it's sorely lacking.

In Japanese stuff? PS4 has more but X1 has some.

You're trying to argue X1 lacks variety but it still has plenty.

I actively use my Vita, 3DS, and Wii U. Now those are platforms that sorely lack variety.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think MS is doing a solid job on 1st party but its a different direction than Sony. X1 has the better exclusive shooters, KI is one of the best fighters in years, X1 has the edge in racing thanks to Forza, and other exclusives have been enjoyable. If I personally was compiling a list of my favorite exclusvies this gen, there is gonna be numerous X1 games on it.

I think Sony has done a better job on adventure games, while the rest of they do has been kinda meh. This is why I own both consoles, neither company is doing great at every genre. If we look solely at 1st party, I don't think PS4 has an amazing record yet. Although future titles do look promising.

Microsofts has admitted that they tried to replicate a game with the qualities of uncharted so they are not really going in a different direction. MS just serves the west where Sony serves both the east and the west. They need to invest into filling in the gaps where they are lacking. They have the better OS, better accessories and all of the other distractions (trust me, I have them), but Microsofts lists are marginalized to a couple of games at the end of the year. Thats how strong their development is. Sony can get all parties firing on all cyninders at all times of the year. It doesnt really end for them. Microsoft knows they arent even in Nintendos league in game development, so dont even need to argue about that. They are behind both of their competitors by a mile where it matters. Again, i'll have the scorpio, but that should not be the biggest news of the year for Microsoft. Thats all I am saying. If it is...the priorities are not straight. I argue less about Sony because they  have their priorties straight, but ill definitely be watching the reveal from Microsoft no different than Sony.

In practice, the games I like from MS are generally very different from what Sony does well.

Sony doesn't serve the east, they make games for the west. While 3rd parties keep Playstation relevant in the east.

I don't really feel like responding to a text wall rant. I'll just say in practice Sony has made some good adventure games and a lot for forgettable stuff. This is why I like have PS4 and X1, I get more good games in more genres.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

In practice, the games I like from MS are generally very different from what Sony does well.

Sony doesn't serve the east, they make games for the west. While 3rd parties keep Playstation relevant in the east.

I don't really feel like responding to rant text wall. I'll just say in practice Sony has made some good adventure games and a lot for forgettable stuff.

Sony and Microsoft both made fps and third person shooters internally, but Sony has also created  platformers, as well as third person adventure, now action rpgs and put out quite a few great sequels like gravity rush that are sure to please the eye. Their second and third party exclusives have also served to appeal to both to east and the west. Horizon, nioh, neir the last guardian, persona 5 is just overkill for a five month period. As an Xbox owner I know what it is to have a platform that generally gets less than a handful of great exclusives every year whereas with Sony it's year round.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsofts has admitted that they tried to replicate a game with the qualities of uncharted so they are not really going in a different direction.

What does this even mean? Do you think when making their games, Sony doesn't look at what is currently successful in the industry and incorporate that into their own games? Look at Horizon. A good game. But borrows elements from pretty much any action/adventure game of recent memory. And that's fine. Or look at what they made Zipper do to SOCOM with SOCOM 4, trying to latch onto the success of Call of Duty according to confirmed former Zipper people who post on GAF.

Yeah, according to Papa Phil, they've tried to make games that would be "of the same ilk" as Uncharted. That doesn't mean they are trying to clone Uncharted, lol. Hell, Uncharted is not even an original formula, just one done real well.

malistix1985 said:

What we know for sure:
320Gb/s GDDR5 Memory with 384 bit bus
8core cpu
at least 6Tflops GPU
Internal Power Brick

- Cpu and Gpu are made by AMD

What we pretty much know for sure
UHD Disc player
12GB's of available RAM

What we want to know:
CPU Architecture & speeds
GPU Architecture & max Tflops
Design

Don't forget the 4x increase in L2 cache over the Xbox One for the CPU.

SegataSanshiro said:
I really need a 40 terafloperoos machine with just more Halo and Forza. I wish XBO would get more diverse titles but the ones I keep getting interested in they cancel.

Then Next Gen consoles are probably for you. So sell everything you own right now and wait for them.

Snoopy said:

Microsoft will have the most AAA console exclusives at the end of the year. Only reason why Sony looks good is all the niche japanese games that hardly anyone buys.

Evidence? Sony right now is knocking the exclusive count right out of the park.

malistix1985 said:
Reading windows central

"We've also heard that Project Scorpio will sport an incredibly "compact" design, owing to advances in cooling. "

Thats good stuff because nobody wants a phat-xbox one repeat :D

Oooh. Vapor Chamber cooling confirmed?

To be fair. There have been no real "advances" in cooling since even before the Xbox One launched. It's just marketing fluff, I wouldn't read to much into it.

malistix1985 said:

I think the recently announced RX580, which is a little over 6Tflops and hosts a refresh of the ps4pro graphics card technology would be the obvious choise as whats in the GPU

The flops isn't the important part.
The fact it *could* use AMD's new NCU GPU architecture rather than the old outdated GCN architecture could mean big things. But we will need to wait and see.

Essentially if it has AMD's new NCU architecture, it not only could have significantly more raw horsepower... But it can do more work per flop than the PS4 as well... Which is where things get exciting for a tech head like myself... It would also mean that Scorpio would not be launching with old, outdated technology either like the Xbox One, Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Pro and Switch.

Azzanation said:

Even though i have a gaming PC valued over $2600, i am really interested in Scorpio mainly because of playing Halo in 4k would be fantastic. 

That is *if* it can handle Halo in native 4k.
343i is pushing for 60fps in Halo to appeal to the eSports demographic... Sadly, Halo 5 was an ugly duckling of a game and came with a large amount of compromises... And it still didn't hit 1080P 60fps.

So if 4k 60fps turns out to be a "thing" for the next Halo on Scorpio, it's probably not going to be that visually impressive.

I think a lower resolution with checkerboarding is going to be more likely.

Zekkyou said:

I think the Scorpio will do a lot better if it can also do 1080p/60fps. It'll still face challenges (price in particular; it'll cost more than a 1080p/60fps X1 should), but it'd be more readily appealing. 

There is this thing called "down sampling" games running at 4k will of course benefit those who are playing at 1080P.

GarlandSteve74 said:
I'm excited for the reveal.

This thing is going to absolutely destroy the PS4 Pro when it comes to power. No fake 4K 'checkerboarding', no 1440p/24FPS, no excuses.

It will be nice to have the definitive version of EVERY third party game back on the Xbox.

Sorry to let you down... But Scorpio will support checkerboarding.

If the PC cannot handle 4k, 60fps in a AAA game with all the details on max... Then you can bet your ass a console won't either.

jason1637 said:

Many rumrers are saying big games like Battlefront 2, Red Dead 2 will be native 4K. If this is true and Dice can get Frostbite to be native 4K on Scorpio thats pretty amazing imo. 

I expect most Frostbite powered games to do Native 4k. The engine is pretty light on modern hardware all things considered... Provided you don't start pushing Ultra settings.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't really feel like responding to rant text wall. I'll just say in practice Sony has made some good adventure games and a lot for forgettable stuff.

Sony and Microsoft both made fps and third person shooters internally, but Sony has also created  platformers, as well as third person adventure, now action rpgs and put out quite a few great sequels like gravity rush that are sure to please the eye. Their second and third party exclusives have also served to appeal to both to east and the west. Horizon, nioh, neir the last guardian, persona 5 is just overkill for a five month period. As an Xbox owner I know what it is to have a platform that generally gets less than a handful of great exclusives every year whereas with Sony it's year round.

They both have games that fall in the same genre but I think they excel in different areas. For example, Sony's shooters have been just average and they can't get GT out in a reasonable amount of time while X1 had three great Forza releases already. But MS is lacking in the adventure games, 3rd parties help with that (AC, TR, Mordor, Far Cry, etc), but Sony does a good job making those (UC4, TLoU, R&C, Infamous:SS, Horizon come to mind).

Sony is having an exceptional period for exclusives right now, but its not reflective of the PS4's life. It had slow periods and disappointments. I wasn't ready to buy a PS4 until UC4 was released and SFV was around the corner.

If catering to the east means throwing money at 3rd parties... okay. But internally Sony makes games for the west. The last time Sony really tried making games for Japan was Vita content but that didn't go great.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They both have games that fall in the same genre but I think they excel in different areas. For example, Sony's shooters have been just average and they can't get GT out in a reasonable amount of time while X1 had three great Forza releases already. But MS is lacking in the adventure games, 3rd parties help with that (AC, TR, Mordor, Far Cry, etc), but Sony does a good job making those (UC4, TLoU, R&C, Infamous:SS, Horizon come to mind).

Sony is having an exceptional period for exclusives right now, but its not reflective of the PS4's life. It had slow periods and disappointments. I wasn't ready to buy a PS4 until UC4 was released and SFV was around the corner.

If catering to the east means throwing money at 3rd parties... okay. But internally Sony makes games for the west. The last time Sony really tried making games for Japan was Vita content but that didn't go great.

Well Sony did make Gravity Rush 2, but that game flopped really bad. Personally I enjoyed Horizon zero dawn, but that and drawn to death are the only games that intrest me this first half. Second half I know GT sport isn't going to hold a candle to Froza. I mean four years later and your game only has 150 cars? Jesus, even forza 5 (the worse in forza series) had more cars.

Awesome news if true.
Obviously Scorpio will be more powerful than any consoles ever built. Hence why I am curious to see how Red dead redemption 2 will look on that thing... 0_0

Praise the One.