By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED! Xbox Scorpio will be shown Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific. (April 6th)

Update:

According to Jez Cordon from Windows Central next week is the week we get to see the beast.
He tweet "It's true that Project Scorpio is going to be shown off very soon." followed by saying its no april first joke and next week is the time!

--> not an april fools joke <--

and he says it will be next week in a reply, Exiting!

lets hope we find out what CPU and GPU architectures are used :)
Want the news in a video, watch ReviewTechUSA --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbXiJ-jGWK4

What we know for sure:
320Gb/s GDDR5 Memory with 384 bit bus
8core cpu
at least 6Tflops GPU
Internal Power Brick

- Cpu and Gpu are made by AMD

What we pretty much know for sure
UHD Disc player
12GB's of available RAM

What we want to know:
CPU Architecture & speeds
GPU Architecture & max Tflops
Design

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

So excited to buy a new console this fall! Can't wait!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Yeah... because people have never said "not an april fools joke" when they've come out with an april fools joke before

Its not a very funny joke and recently there have been hints towards a "pre e3" reveal so I expect this week they will give some new scorpio info + a reveal date, I expect 100% that he isn't kidding, it makes perfect sense plus it wouldn't be very funny

Seventizz said:
So excited to buy a new console this fall! Can't wait!!!

Me2 :D

Twitter @CyberMalistix

It sounds like it's probably true, and I don't really see Jez as the April Fool's type (he can seem a little oblivious of the world outside of xbox on his twitter, ha) but it seems people are arguing that it might just be an article revealing the console's specs. It would be interesting if Digital Foundry or someone got hold of a leaked paper similar to the one they found for the Pro and MS just said "screw it" and made it into a kind of "reveal," as it's a bit strange to just drop a reveal out of the sky like this, unless they're trying to copy Nintendo's playbook with the Switch. 

If its true then damnn. April is gonna be an exciting month

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Yesterday on Reddit he also said Forza 7 will be revealed next week and just a few hours ago on Twitter said we'll get CPU/GPU information.

Could be an April fools, though if it isn't I'm thinking they might show Forza 7 running on Scorpio.

Seems very unlikely to be connected to april fools, theres just no "joke" in here especially because its all people who like the xbox community/franchise and the only one hurt by this would be xbox fans who get their hopes up and the only one laughing would be people who don't like that community.

Things have been leading up to a reveal in april-may before e3 for some time, from people with sources and even from words from Phil himself hinting it, I think we will know a lot more next sunday, this is very exciting! :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

hmm gotta get my Scorpio OT ready then.

Ryuu96 said:

Yesterday on Reddit he also said Forza 7 will be revealed next week and just a few hours ago on Twitter said we'll get CPU/GPU information.

Could be an April fools, though if it isn't I'm thinking they might show Forza 7 running on Scorpio.

Forza 7 would be a good showcase for the Scorpio. The X1 entries were already 1080p/60fps, so a Scorpio version should have no problems hitting a full 4k/60fps.

I hope so! Really excited about this console and Microsofts future plans.

jason1637 said:
hmm gotta get my Scorpio OT ready then.

Yes you should, my expectations for your new topic is almost as high as my expectations for this console!!

Zekkyou said:
Forza 7 would be a good showcase for the Scorpio. The X1 entries were already 1080p/60fps, so a Scorpio version should have no problems hitting a full 4k/60fps.

Yes I think Forza has been the best simulation racer for some years and it should looks significantly better then GT:Sports this year with the extra power available out of the box and the already impressive engine. Its truely amazing how well turn10 has managed to make the racing games work on the original Xbox One hardware :) On PC 4k/high settings (xbox one runs on 1080/high) are beyond amazing in GT6:Apex

tinfamous12 said:

I hope so! Really excited about this console and Microsofts future plans.

I hope so too, but it seems like in a maximum of 7 days we WILL know because this all seems very legit.

Twitter @CyberMalistix