By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED! Xbox Scorpio will be shown Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific. (April 6th)

UPDATE GUYS GET EXCITED

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft will have the most AAA console exclusives at the end of the year. Only reason why Sony looks good is all the niche japanese games that hardly anyone buys.

All of these games charted at the top of Amazon charts, Nioh sold 1 million in just few weeks, Horizon nearly 3 million, Nier:A is doing excellent and P5 looks to be another hit looking at Amazon.

Let's face it this is a better line-up than anything Xbox put out in 3 years combined. With GT Sport, UC Lost Legacy and a bunch of other surprises at the end of the year Sony will keep on dominating.

I mean what does Microsoft have, Forza 7, really? Crackdown 3, a game they showed all the waaaaaaay back in E3 2014? Dude the Wii U was new and Nintendo still believed in the system back then!

Since when was Horizon Zero Dawn and MLB17 niche japanese games?

Umm I'm pretty sure Forza Horizon 3 is better than almost all of those games on that list.

Proud to be a Californian.

malistix1985 said:

Mr Puggsly said:

There are always people that are upset about Microsoft

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
malistix1985 said:

Mr Puggsly said:

There are always people that are upset about Microsoft

I would buy the scorpio even if it had no exclusives at all I am not buying it for that. Altough being able to play cities skylines and path of exiles (which are exclusives) with a controller on my television will be something special ^^

Twitter is really confirming from every insider that this week is happening and the rumours, well as far as they where rumours are true. I expect we should get something official from Microsoft side soon, from everywhere Forza 7 should be the "showoff" game but I can only imagine how a game like Sea of Thieves with its excellent artwork would look on it.

Either way if they also show of Red Dead that would be huge for me concidering how thats a game I want to pre order but I don't know if I should order the Xbox version or PS4 version! :D but it looks like all 3d party games, including the once with a partnership with sony will look better.

No suprise really even back when Microsoft still had a deal for call of duty that game also ran significantly better on PS4.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Even though i have a gaming PC valued over $2600, i am really interested in Scorpio mainly because of playing Halo in 4k would be fantastic. 

Around the Network

Next week is the week that will change the gaming community forever. The most powerful console ever created, uncompromised 4K gaming (no checker-board here), battlefront/destiny 2 in 4k/60fps. I truly believe this beast will help xbox win America (although sony will inch out global sales). #Noparity

Mr Puggsly said:
gtaguidelng said:

But GT is better than Forza by default.

Meh... if you're sim racing fan you can settle with either, both are top notch sims. Although Forza fans atleast get new games more frequently. But I'm sure PS4 fans still playing GT6...

More importantly, Forza Horizon 3 is king.

Considering the state of xone's exclusives nowadays, good for them i guess.

Azzanation said:

Even though i have a gaming PC valued over $2600, i am really interested in Scorpio mainly because of playing Halo in 4k would be fantastic. 

Look the cross-play cloud save play anywhere is a dream for pc gamers, buy a game digitally get 2 copies play on your pc, your friends come over? no problem grab 2 controllers and either play split screen or play 1 on the pc and 1 on the xbox togheter, no aditional copies required.

Sure you need xbox live gold to play on the xbox but the online on pc in the same games are free so you don't always need it plus you get the free games either way. Also its super nice to be able to just play alone on the tely and as a game collector being able to play older Xbox360 games in better framerates ánd being able to play the xbox games that didn't come to pc would be worth it alone for me to get an xbox at some point.

The scorpio will also be a nice all-in-one media center with universal windows apps, vlc media player and a UHD drive. In all honesty for its cost its one of the best PC-companions ever, anyone saying microsoft killed the interest of PC gamers isn't correct, they just changed who will buy it and offer more value in general, which should be applauded. I am also going to buy a new PC next year but that Scorpio is coming day 1, cannot wait.

And everyone is so impressed by the specs I have no idea what to expect this week lol :D, anything you want in the console personally?

gtaguidelng said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Meh... if you're sim racing fan you can settle with either, both are top notch sims. Although Forza fans atleast get new games more frequently. But I'm sure PS4 fans still playing GT6...

More importantly, Forza Horizon 3 is king.

Considering the state of xone's exclusives nowadays, good for them i guess.

This is not what this topic is about, go discuss the XBox exclusives being good or not somewhere else. The Xbox has enough exclusives released- and coming if you don't like them thats fine but discuss that somewhere else

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Zekkyou said:
Snoopy said:

According to this site every game except Horizon zero dawn sold less than a million. Most ps4 owners care only about multiplatform games which run, look and play SIGNIFICANTLY better on xbox scorpio when it comes to consoles. Not to mention besides forza 7 which will be better than gt sport, it will have crack down 3, sea of theives, state of decay 2. GT sport is the second and last AAA game for ps4 this year it seems and it only has 150 cars lol. So only 2 main stream AAA games from Sony.

Of course, not only did they all release recently but VGC's data is a month behind. Nier for example currently only has a single week in Japan listed, nothing else. Given a year, i'd say 5 of those 8 games (Nioh, Horizon, Nier, MLB, and Persona 5) will pass a million.

The thing about those "niche Japanese games that hardly anyone buys" (as you put it in another comment) is that there are quite a few of them, and most of them do actually tend to do relatively well. I wouldn't be surprised if the combined sales for the PS4's nicher Q1 titles was equivalent to MS's holiday line up.

Selling around a million on a 60 + million install base is like braggin if a game sells half a million on xbox one. A mediocre COD game can outsell those games easily. People care more for the multiplatform games more thus the reason why Microsoft is trying to make the best experience on xbox. 

Snoopy said:

According to this site every game except Horizon zero dawn sold less than a million. Most ps4 owners care only about multiplatform games which run, look and play SIGNIFICANTLY better on xbox scorpio when it comes to consoles. Not to mention besides forza 7 which will be better than gt sport, it will have crack down 3, sea of theives, state of decay 2. GT sport is the second and last AAA game for ps4 this year it seems and it only has 150 cars lol. So only 2 main stream AAA games from Sony.

I dont agree with people putting up Sony's games but I think what you are saying is a little poor, silly, saying game A will be better than game B when neither are out. Also I think the Pro has proven that if it was just about power, it would be selling more than the PS4 right, because most PS4 users only care about multiplatform games but havent moved to PS4 Pro (using your logic).

Let me give it a try.

• Crackdown 3, been in dev hell for ages, going to be a massive disappointment.
  • Sea of Theives, going to undersell, big disappointment
  • State of Decay 2, will sell better on PC, will shift little on Xbox.
  • GT Sport will sell more than Forza even with less cars.

Anyway I hope MS do more than just show off Forza 7, they need to show people a reason to buy the scorpio, though perhaps they are aiming for XBO users to upgrade. Will work a little but as we've seen with Pro, its not going to claw back significant numbers against PS4 by aiming for that.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!