By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED! Xbox Scorpio will be shown Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific. (April 6th)

Totally not an April fools

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Interesting!

SegataSanshiro said:
malistix1985 said:

Cities Skylines is releasing this month and we have path of exile and cuphead and sea of thieves and crackdown and state of decay 2 coming! but yes you are right, we also have Forza coming. Well Personally I am excited if you are not, thats fine, but I originally purchased a PS4 over a Xbox One because it was more powerfull and its also one of the main reasons I decided to buy a Scorpio over a PS4 Pro

Yeah its possible, hyped to see Forza 7 I loved Horizon 3 and Apex on PC its really the best racing series currently :) should look great on Scorpio concidering how it looks on the base console :D

Outside of Cuphead none of what you listed interests me and City Skyline has been on PC for years. I don't care much about power. Means very little to me. Games matter to me most.People focus so much on power but XBO is really lagging on exclusives compared to the other 2. I would only buy Cuphead tho if it was on disc. Don't buy digital. I typically buy every console each gen and I liked OG Xbox and 360 quite a bit. XBO is the first time I seen a major console where it just doesn't have anything worth buying a system for to me and I am the type to get a console for one game. The reason is as a general rule buy it for one game but many more will come.

I was going to get one on Phantom Dust & Scalebound. Rare Replay is neat but I have all those game plus stuff not on it like Wizards & Warriors and Captain Skyhawk. (Nintendo stuff is a granted). So the only remaining Physical game on XBO I actually want is Raiden V. Thing is MOSS also made a great Shmup on PS4 with Caldrious Blaze so I am good. Plus just picked up Raiden IV on 360. I am no Sony fan really but what makes PS4 so interesting is it has so much to appeal to the AAA game lovers or the smaller games like fans like me.I have no ill will towards MS or XBO. More compeition is good. MS just seems clueless this entire gen. Thinking more flops is the anwser,meanwhile PS4 is killing it in exclusives. The highest rated game this gen is on the weakest hardware. I just wish XBO could be more like 360 or PS4. Just had  abit of everything.

Microsoft will have the most AAA console exclusives at the end of the year. Only reason why Sony looks good is all the niche japanese games that hardly anyone buys.

Snoopy said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Outside of Cuphead none of what you listed interests me and City Skyline has been on PC for years. I don't care much about power. Means very little to me. Games matter to me most.People focus so much on power but XBO is really lagging on exclusives compared to the other 2. I would only buy Cuphead tho if it was on disc. Don't buy digital. I typically buy every console each gen and I liked OG Xbox and 360 quite a bit. XBO is the first time I seen a major console where it just doesn't have anything worth buying a system for to me and I am the type to get a console for one game. The reason is as a general rule buy it for one game but many more will come.

I was going to get one on Phantom Dust & Scalebound. Rare Replay is neat but I have all those game plus stuff not on it like Wizards & Warriors and Captain Skyhawk. (Nintendo stuff is a granted). So the only remaining Physical game on XBO I actually want is Raiden V. Thing is MOSS also made a great Shmup on PS4 with Caldrious Blaze so I am good. Plus just picked up Raiden IV on 360. I am no Sony fan really but what makes PS4 so interesting is it has so much to appeal to the AAA game lovers or the smaller games like fans like me.I have no ill will towards MS or XBO. More compeition is good. MS just seems clueless this entire gen. Thinking more flops is the anwser,meanwhile PS4 is killing it in exclusives. The highest rated game this gen is on the weakest hardware. I just wish XBO could be more like 360 or PS4. Just had  abit of everything.

Microsoft will have the most AAA console exclusives at the end of the year. Only reason why Sony looks good is all the niche japanese games that hardly anyone buys.

That's pure speculation and you missed the point entirely.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
SegataSanshiro said:

All of these games charted at the top of Amazon charts, Nioh sold 1 million in just few weeks, Horizon nearly 3 million, Nier:A is doing excellent and P5 looks to be another hit looking at Amazon.

Let's face it this is a better line-up than anything Xbox put out in 3 years combined. With GT Sport, UC Lost Legacy and a bunch of other surprises at the end of the year Sony will keep on dominating.

I mean what does Microsoft have, Forza 7, really? Crackdown 3, a game they showed all the waaaaaaay back in E3 2014? Dude the Wii U was new and Nintendo still believed in the system back then!

Turkish said:
Snoopy said:

All of these games charted at the top of Amazon charts, Nioh sold 1 million in just few weeks, Horizon nearly 3 million, Nier:A is doing excellent and P5 looks to be another hit looking at Amazon.

Let's face it this is a better line-up than anything Xbox put out in 3 years combined. With GT Sport, UC Lost Legacy and a bunch of other surprises at the end of the year Sony will keep on dominating.

I mean what does Microsoft have, Forza 7, really? Crackdown 3, a game they showed all the waaaaaaay back in E3 2014? Dude the Wii U was new and Nintendo still believed in the system back then!

According to this site every game except Horizon zero dawn sold less than a million. Most ps4 owners care only about multiplatform games which run, look and play SIGNIFICANTLY better on xbox scorpio when it comes to consoles. Not to mention besides forza 7 which will be better than gt sport, it will have crack down 3, sea of theives, state of decay 2. GT sport is the second and last AAA game for ps4 this year it seems and it only has 150 cars lol. So only 2 main stream AAA games from Sony.

Reading windows central

"We've also heard that Project Scorpio will sport an incredibly "compact" design, owing to advances in cooling. Considering Microsoft is known for cramming powerful hardware into small packages from its Intel-powered Surface tablets, it should come as no surprise that Microsoft is leveraging the full breadth of its industrial design team to make Scorpio as impressive as possible. For instance, we recently outed the fact that Scorpio will also sport an internal power supply, ditching the clunky power bricks of yesteryear."

Thats good stuff because nobody wants a phat-xbox one repeat :D

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Ryzen R5 CPU's launching April 11th I believe? 4c/8t models in that line up. Wonder if they have anything in common since Scorpio was supposed to be an 8 core chip (4cX2 Jag). 1400X, 3.2GHz, 4c/8t, retails at $169. With direct to AMD pricing could XB get a custom 8c/16t CPU made for $200?

"Compact design" due to advances in cooling? Is this because of the centrifugal blower fan design shown in the E3 teaser? No way this thing is water cooled right?

So close to the Switch launch as well. XB trying to take away someone else's momentum, or borrow a little bit of it for themselves?

Pumped to know what exactly is inside this thing.

EricHiggin said:
Ryzen R5 CPU's launching April 11th I believe? 4c/8t models in that line up. Wonder if they have anything in common since Scorpio was supposed to be an 8 core chip (4cX2 Jag). 1400X, 3.2GHz, 4c/8t, retails at $169. With direct to AMD pricing could XB get a custom 8c/16t CPU made for $200?

"Compact design" due to advances in cooling? Is this because of the centrifugal blower fan design shown in the E3 teaser? No way this thing is water cooled right?

So close to the Switch launch as well. XB trying to take away someone else's momentum, or borrow a little bit of it for themselves?

Pumped to know what exactly is inside this thing.

Well the Scorpio isn't competing with the NS but with the PS4Pro but I think its more lifting on the hype of 4k content/4k televisions becoming the standard, just like sony did last year. Yeah I am also really pumped to know whats inside last year Phil Spencer did say the scorpio technology wasn't available to launch it closer so it would make no sense for it to have the same ancient cpu as the current gen consoles I think Ryzen is a given personally.

But obv. its a waiting game it will be a game changer in framerates for open world games and in native 4k, altough cpu's are generally not the "biggest" deal in this because the PS4/XBO/Ps4Pro all use a laptop cpu it does become a bottleneck.

Anyway all we know is it has 320gb/s memory bandwith with 12GB GDDR5X and a 8 "core" cpu with a 6tflops card right now, I think the recently announced RX580, which is a little over 6Tflops and hosts a refresh of the ps4pro graphics card technology would be the obvious choise as whats in the GPU, combine that with the bigger memory bus, memory amount, memory speed and potentially a faster CPU and yeah Xbox is right that will be an extremely visable difference as proven on pc's with those kinds of differences many times.

Also I think Horizon Zero Dawn runs from 1800P upscaled, which is 75% native 4k, so with that speed boost it could run that game in native 4k, obv its a ps4 exclusive but its also one of the better looking games this generation, so microsoft can make its claims come true, my GPU in my PC does many games native 4k especially if I would target 30fps and its quite a bit slower then their target.

Twitter @CyberMalistix