By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon 2 Testfire runs at 530p undocked and 720p when docked

I came in here looking for drama on the comments, and it did not disappoint.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
last92 said:
If this is true, it's unacceptable. It's 2017 for God's sake. The game isn't even so demanding, how is this even possible?

LOL. You ask if it is true, so you can't notice the difference. How does it impact your experience if you can't notice?

I'm asking if those screenshots are true or manipulated to look bad. Because they seriously look bad.

So weird that people are acting as if they have played the final game, when the primary goal of this test fire is testing the net code. Also when we know that the system can run MK8 Deluxe in 1080p 60fps, why is it that people are acting as if that game doesn't exist and Splatoon 2 is suddenly the measurement of what the system is capable of...

Barkley said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Can you be more dramatic please?

Can you have higher standards please? Not sure how I was being "overly dramatic" all I said was that after seeing this I'm reconsidering buying the machine so soon which I already had doubts on.

You may find this acceptable, but as someone who isn't interested in portable gaming paying $300 for a machine that woud have been underpowered in 2013 sucks.

The docked screenshot looks like crap.

"Underpowered." There is not a device today with a formfactor like this that is as powerful as this. It is anything but underpowered. That's like calling an iPad underpowered and then comparing it to gaming rigs.

Sh1nn said:

Undocked:

"Yes, based on this pic, around 530p. This game maybe uses a dynamic res like Zelda"

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1973059/

How do you come to the conclusion (you cite yourself in the other forum, you making the conclusion) as this screenshot is 720p. I get that the screenshots probably are scaled, so how do you conclude this?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
SegataSanshiro said:
I swear OP only makes topics to shit on Nintendo in some way every time.

Nintendo deserve it though.

Yeah, because they killed your dog.

Whatever, I see sour grapes as some people are whining they don't getting the Nintendo-gameplay and pick on other stuff. You could just go play your graphics demo.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

tbone51 said:
Qwark said:

Anno 2017 530p is still a thing especially since the car and bike look awful. Nintendo should maximise the graphical potential the Switch offers. Not releasing something with the resolution of Wii games.

Lol, so mad yet this will be the best selling game in japan in a long time

Luckily the world is a lot bigger than Japan and has a device called a pc and to lesser extent a PS4(pro). But if Japan thinks this is the best game available on their market noone is stopping the to buy it I guess. It doesn't look all that great to me though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Sigh. These type of threads are getting tiresome. Post asceenshot so everybody can shit on the game. Nice.
Thank god I don't care about shit like that so I can actually enjoy the games. Both those screenshots look fine to me.
It's a portable-sacrifices had to be made and it's still amazing. If you don't like portables than you have no business complaining abou the switch-stick to your PS4/pc

Really hoping that it will get improved by the time it launches cause it really doesn't look very different than the WiiU version so it running at that resolution is just odd

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

According to Digital Foundry, Splatoon 2 was 720/60 in both modes back in January. I don't see why this would go down.