By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon 2 Testfire runs at 530p undocked and 720p when docked

Captain_Yuri said:

Really hoping that it will get improved by the time it launches cause it really doesn't look very different than the WiiU version so it running at that resolution is just odd

It does look better than the wiiu version though, even on portable mode, in fact in portable mode is how it looks the best despite what numbers say.

Around the Network

Lucky nintendo gamers don't care about performance, but this looks pretty awfull

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Qwark said:
tbone51 said:

Lol, so mad yet this will be the best selling game in japan in a long time

Luckily the world is a lot bigger than Japan and has a device called a pc and to lesser extent a PS4(pro). But if Japan thinks this is the best game available on their market noone is stopping the to buy it I guess. It doesn't look all that great to me though.

The really, play something that you like. This thread attracts all the people that want to spoil the fun people have with playing a game. Really, hating on the fun of other gamers says these people aren't gamers, because all they see is a bunch of numbers instead of the fun a game makes. Seriously: all consoles hold games back, all games on all platforms could get better graphics on PCs. That doesn't change the fact that these games can induce fun while playing.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

sundin13 said:
According to Digital Foundry, Splatoon 2 was 720/60 in both modes back in January. I don't see why this would go down.

Well you can check it with ur own eyes. (Screenshots in the OP)

Globalisateur did pixerl count for lots of games and was always right.

malistix1985 said:
Lucky nintendo gamers don't care about performance, but this looks pretty awfull

Unlike sony gamers that were playing 408p on Vita, and even sub 400p

No it doesn't look awful at all, what about trying the thing before judging? Cause everyone that has actually tried thinks it looked pretty good, I'm sure no one knew about the 540p until this thread was born.

Around the Network
Radek said:

Wow... that's bad, I'm sure the game is great but 530p... that's lower than Vita's 540p screen.

It's never good to go so low when console just came out, it's not hardware for 2 years, it's for 5-6 years...

Agreed.

Expected more from a new handheld 5 years after the Vita. Wish they delayed the handheld until Fall and went with the Tegra X2 and launched with Splatoon 2, Zeruda and Mario at once.

sundin13 said:
According to Digital Foundry, Splatoon 2 was 720/60 in both modes back in January. I don't see why this would go down.

The screenshots are both 720p. Sh1nn is just guessing.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

*miyamotothumbsdown*

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Holy Aliasing Issues batman!

Goodnightmoon said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Really hoping that it will get improved by the time it launches cause it really doesn't look very different than the WiiU version so it running at that resolution is just odd

It does look better than the wiiu version though, even on portable mode, in fact in portable mode is how it looks the best despite what numbers say.

Really? Nothing really struck me as "wow, the game looks quite improved" from what I have seen. Are there any side by side comparisons out yet?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850