By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon 2 Testfire runs at 530p undocked and 720p when docked

LipeJJ said:
> Digital Foundry said the game runs at 720p at docked mode and praised it's performance saying "rock solid 60fps". So this random person in OP is probably wrong.
> It's dynamic resolution
> Of beta of a game months away of release
> It's multiplayer
> And it's funny to see the same old faces always saying bad things about Nintendo/games (not to mention OP, who always creates these type of threads) even trying to spread false information. I don't know why that happens, why the same people need to hate and always say bad things. Maybe they are scared of Switch's possible success? It's ridiculous, but that's the only thing I can come up with.

Isn't that the sme thing the OP said?

and what has its resolution got to do with its framerate/performance?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
LipeJJ said:
> Digital Foundry said the game runs at 720p at docked mode and praised it's performance saying "rock solid 60fps". So this random person in OP is probably wrong.
> It's dynamic resolution
> Of beta of a game months away of release
> It's multiplayer
> And it's funny to see the same old faces always saying bad things about Nintendo/games (not to mention OP, who always creates these type of threads) even trying to spread false information. I don't know why that happens, why the same people need to hate and always say bad things. Maybe they are scared of Switch's possible success? It's ridiculous, but that's the only thing I can come up with.

It's a typo, he means undocked. They said the game had the same resolution in both modes and that it looked really well on portable mode, also they praised the framerate because it was totally locked to 60 in both modes even early in development.

vivster said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I know coming from you this is a very positive comment but just in case, WiiU version mantain the 60fps like 95% of the time and rarely falls less than 5 frames, yet on Switch the performance looked even smoother, DF will have the last word there I guess.

Well I still say that at that resolution and those visual it shouldn't be anywhere near 59 even a microsecond.

Luckily, it doesn´t, as DF said, it was completely loocked to 60fps even on the old build. 

SIGH

This is still going? You realize the genesis of this thread was one guy making a guess based on compressed screenshots, right?

My lord, we must be soooooo bored.

That's very poor.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
SIGH

This is still going? You realize the genesis of this thread was one guy making a guess based on compressed screenshots, right?

My lord, we must be soooooo bored.

Let it go, this thread shows VGC true colors and how many people is actually interested in the truth.

Goodnightmoon said:
Intrinsic said:

It's a typo, he means undocked. They said the game had the same resolution in both modes and that it looked really well on portable mode, also they praised the framerate because it was totally locked to 60 in both modes even early in development.

Yes, it was a typo, I meant undocked. haha

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I think we can lock this one up, at least until the game actually releases :)