By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever imported a game? (What was your first)

For my Zelda collection I have not only all canon titles in at least one form of physical media, but also all physical english translated spin offs and non canon titles as well.

So my first was Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosey Rupeeland Adventure for the DS because the game never made it past Europe. The other three are the CD-i games which are also the European releases as I found a seller that had all three complete in excellent condition. Luckily none of these games are region locked so they all work perfectly on my American DS and CD-i player.

That pretty much sums up my list of imports though. That franchise is special to me, so I made an exception with these games.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I have never imported a game. ^^

The first (and only, I think) thing I've imported so far was an asian/korean version of Lost Odyssey (despite owning it already PAL) because of superior boxart, box itself and disc art, not to mention the game could be played entirely in english; and for some reason it worked on NTCS-J and PAL Xbox 360s (NTCS got screwed):

PAL version:

The one I imported:

Nope, but I would have imported Mother 3 if I knew any Japanese.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I imported basically all my PS3 games from England, a lot cheaper, quick delivery and under the VAT and tax limit at home for the Platinum titles. The first one was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I believe.

Around the Network

I think my first one was Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA.

I imported Demon Souls from Japan. It was over a year before they even announced a EU/US localised version would be coming so I never thought it would make it too western and European regions. The game was in full English despite it being the Asian version.
Loved it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

yeah tons of games. Mostly from the UK.

UK:
My PS3 and every single game I got for it, except one (all in all about 20 games)
10-15 PC games
about 5 X1 games

Austria
Gears of War Ultimate
Far Cry Primal
The Division

Switzerland
Dying Light
Mad Max

Canada
God of War Collection

Italy
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3
Minecraft

Then all the stuff I got digitally from Russia and Brazil lol

Acevil said:
vivster said:
The first thing I imported was the Japanese version of Advent Children because it had the FFXIII demo included.

Oh you poor soul you. 

70€ well spent. Even though the battle system in the demo was quite different from the finished game. For example it didn't have the auto option yet.

BTW after that I imported FFXIII from Japan and FFXIII-2 as well.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the first game I imported myself was Ni no Kuni (highly recommend it to people learning japanese - all Kanji have furigana and the digital magic book has several nice tales you can read and practice with)

I've bought some imported games (that were already in germany/europe) before though, like Demon's Souls (HK), White Knight Story 1+2 (JPN), Final Fantasy 13 + 13-2 (JPN)

I think I won't import any more games, I rather buy them directly of the jpn digital store