By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever imported a game? (What was your first)

Recently (October, recieved it late Novemember) I ordered my first game that was an import. I have bought games out of country before, but I was either in that country (Link's Awakening in United Kingdom) or recieved it as a gift by someone visiting Level 5 soccer game thing. 

It was this game, but was the Singapore English version. 

Around the Network

With the Wii U and 3DS being region lock...... I dont think I've done it before. I mostly play free2play games on PC, and I didn't really look into the software library on the Wii and DS.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The first two I actually regret: Corpse Party for the PSP and Resident Evil for the PS3...both of which got physical releases in the West afterwards (albeit Corpse Party for the 3DS and Resident Evil: Origins Collection for the PS4). The third and most recent game is Fatal Frame IV for the Wii. I really want to import more games, but I'd have to find a way to get around the PS1 and PS2's region lock. There are also some Saturn and Dreamcast games that I'd like to import, and fortunately it's easier to play imports on those.

I imported some game on Snes, like romance of the three kingdom 2. not sure who was the first one tough,

Yep. Actually.... pratically all my games are imported. In my country, only some PS4 and XboxOne games are released. Nintendo games and some PS4 games are all imported.

Around the Network

The first thing I imported was the Japanese version of Advent Children because it had the FFXIII demo included.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yes. I think my first one was the Japanese version of Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. I have no idea why I did it (I'm assuming it was either price or availability), but it was horrible. I expected it to be more like Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires so I could understand well enough it relatively easily, but it had all those strange cards and I couldn't understand it at all. Luckily I managed to sell it, but I have no idea whether the buyer got more out of it than I did.

I also bought the Asian version of Final Fantasy XIII because it has Japanese voice acting with English subtitles. Too bad I'd already beaten the Western version of the game, and never got the urge to play it again... I've tested it and it works with existing saves so I have some idea about what everything sounds like, but it's pretty meh if there's no story to listen to.

Not at all since PSX, and not heavily since SNES.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ka-pi96 said:
Yep. I think the first I ever imported was ROTK10, also had to import a PS2 with it (hooray for region locking )

Lol. It never stops to amaze me how helpless and unresourceful you Westerners are. Importing a PS2 because of region lock, when hacking it to make it region free cost around 10 Euro tops. This is really pathetic.

I bought No More Heroes in Canada, since the UE version was censored like f!ck and lost all the charm. And no, I didn't import a bloody Wii to play the Canadian game, ffs...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

vivster said:
The first thing I imported was the Japanese version of Advent Children because it had the FFXIII demo included.

Oh you poor soul you.