By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever imported a game? (What was your first)

I considered importing Disaster Day of Crisis (along with a PAL Wii) but thought better of it. I do own a PAL Doctor Who DS game, which came as a gift.

Around the Network
BlkPaladin said:
d21lewis said:
Back in the PS1 era we ordered a copy of Dragon Ball z because, according to a magazine, the Game Shark or whatever cheat device I had could let us play it on our American console. It didn't work.

Most recently, I tried to but Dead or Alive Xtreme for PS4. My bank thought my card was stolen, deactivated it, and cancelled order.

My banks "fraud prevention" doesn't let me do almost any online purchases. It just warms my cold black heart...

Warmed mine, too. But I think I would have preferred the virtual titties.

F zero climax for gba was the first. Then pandora's tower limited edition for Wii, before it was announced here, project zero 2 for Wii, disaster day of crisis also. And breath of fire 3 for psp

I imported a Japanese PSN card to get Malicious several years before it came out in the west. Excellent hack and slash game, totally worth it. I also imported the U.K. Version of Xenoblade Chronicles since I had no trust that it would ever release in NA at the time. I also picked up both the JP Vita and PS3 versions of Project Diva F. I kind of regret getting the PS3 version though.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I often buy Famicom games, as NES prices are getting bad these days aND most games from that era don't require translation.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7