By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Trump seriously ban all Muslims, cause apparently he can?

Well....

He will 74 19.07%

He won't seriously do that 205 52.84%

Who the hell knows at thi... 109 28.09%

Total:388

He never said he was going to ban all muslims. People cherrypick a few words and make it sound a lot worse. Strict border control when it comes to countries where terrorist cells thrive is very important.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

I found the backlash against his statements pretty funny giving how Syrians were least welcomed by rich Islamic countries like Qatar & Saudi, and how badly Syrians are treated in Egypt.  And let's not get into how cautious Sunni and Shiite become when they are thrown into a conflict.

Yet when Trump made a statement as a marketing stunt or because he believed the ban would make Americans safer, he got grilled by the same Muslims who refuse to take in more Syrian refugees that fled a war they were responsible for in the first place.

I don't care about the shitty Saudis and the stupid shia sunni conflict. My country has a lot of immigrants from Afghanistan and illegal ones are the problem and I am only talking about legal immigrants here. We should help refugees but after stability return them to their homeland and I don't hold it against the country for doing that stuff.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

BeefWellingtonIII said:
CaptainExplosion2 said:
Likely yes. That idiot is gonna give into Islamophobia and cause a second 9/11. -_-

For a period of time Obama banned Muslims from immigrating to this country. Jimmy Carter did too. Did you call either of them Islamophobic?

Of course he didn't. Acknowledging that fact would go against his argument.

Eagle367 said:
LurkerJ said:

I found the backlash against his statements pretty funny giving how Syrians were least welcomed by rich Islamic countries like Qatar & Saudi, and how badly Syrians are treated in Egypt.  And let's not get into how cautious Sunni and Shiite become when they are thrown into a conflict.

Yet when Trump made a statement as a marketing stunt or because he believed the ban would make Americans safer, he got grilled by the same Muslims who refuse to take in more Syrian refugees that fled a war they were responsible for in the first place.

I don't care about the shitty Saudis and the stupid shia sunni conflict. My country has a lot of immigrants from Afghanistan and illegal ones are the problem and I am only talking about legal immigrants here. We should help refugees but after stability return them to their homeland and I don't hold it against the country for doing that stuff.

I am not supporting Trump's bad (which will never happen). I laughing at the hypocrites that's all. USA should absolutely welcome refugees giving how much they interfered and ended up creating a bigger mess.

Well it's unconstitutional to ban people based on their faith AFAIK. But he can ban people from certain countries. So yeah, he could ban people coming in from countries where Islamic terrorists typically come from, meaning muslim majority countries.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Eagle367 said:

I am not supporting Trump's bad (which will never happen). I laughing at the hypocrites that's all. USA should absolutely welcome refugees giving how much they interfered and ended up creating a bigger mess.

The USA isn't some monolithic bloc. The government has been violating the will of the people for a long time. There are many people here who are sick of the "invade the world, invite the world" mantra of our one-party state, as evidenced by Trump's victory.

Locknuts said:
Well it's unconstitutional to ban people based on their faith AFAIK. But he can ban people from certain countries. So yeah, he could ban people coming in from countries where Islamic terrorists typically come from, meaning muslim majority countries.

The Constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens.

I can't understand welcoming refugees from a place that your country destabilised.

Yes the USA is largely to blame for destabilising the middle east, but they should not let in people from those countries.

If my neighbours' parents both died, and their teenage son knew I had something to do with their deaths, I wouldn't say 'hey, sorry about your parents, but I have a spare room you can stay in until you get back on your feet'.

I would fully expect him to want to murder me and my family and would keep him away. I would do what I could to help without letting him into my home.

Of course he will not. He's a corporatist just like Hillary and most of congress. It would be to costly and their donors would not like it so it will not happen. They will make som added rules bit not a ban.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

-CNN

"Donald Trump has outlined a new screening process for would-be immigrants designed to exclude Islamic extremists that he promoted Monday as "extreme vetting." The policy would attempt to establish whether applicants' beliefs match US values on gay rights, gender equality and religious freedoms, among others."

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/how-us-vets-immigrants-donald-trump-extreme-vetting/

-BBC

"In a speech in Ohio, the candidate outlined his plans to combat Islamic extremism, including a new screening test for arrivals to the US. Applicants will be tested to determine if they share Western liberal values like LGBT and religious tolerance."

Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37086578

-Time

“We should only admit into this country those who share our values and respect our people,” Trump said at Youngstown State University in Ohio Monday. “In the Cold War we had an ideological screening test. The time is overdue to develop a new screening test for the threats we face today. I call it extreme vetting. I call it extreme, extreme vetting,” he continued. “Our country has enough problems, we don’t need more.”

Link: http://time.com/4452970/donald-trump-immigration-isis-terrorism/

So it doesn't look like he will ban anyone, except those who don't believe "western liberal values" it seems. Now I'm just waiting to see if he'll go back on his plan for "The Great Wall of Trump" and change it to something a little more acceptable and reasonable.   

This sounds a lot more reasonable and better than bwnning Muslims. Seems as if President Ttump is turning more presidential in the last few days.

I don't know... He is a crazy guy, I wouldn't be shocked if this became reality.