By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will Trump seriously ban all Muslims, cause apparently he can?

Well....

He will 74 19.07%

He won't seriously do that 205 52.84%

Who the hell knows at thi... 109 28.09%

Total:388
CosmicSex said:
Wiibaron said:
Since ONLY American citizens have a right to be here, come here, live here, [or leave here], not 1 single American has a single thing to worry about. Other countries' nationals can start worrying if they want.

No.  America has a moral obligation to be sensitive to the needs of immigrants because we are a nation of immigrants... unless you are Native American... and you see how that worked out for the actual Americans.  I know people wont be satisfied with what I just said, but its really worth it to really consider how this country came about.  It started when some immigrants came to North America fleeing their own countries in a similar way that immigrants flee  their own countires and come here.  Imagine what would have happened if Native Amerixcans had the fire power to deport those immigrants.  What would our view of them had been.  Are we afraid that we will wind up like the Native Americans?  This is just a thought experiment. 

Not really. The people who came to North America were settlers, not immigrants. They were not migrating to an already-existing society. They didn't enter native American communities and adopt their culture. The initial American population was mostly English, partly Scottish, and a little bit German. Those are the people who created the United States. They created our currently existing political institutions. We are not a "nation of immigrants", we are a European nation founded in English political tradition that successfully integrated millions of northern and western Europeans mostly before 1880, successfully integrated millions of southern and eastern Europeans mostly between 1880 and 1924, and has failed to integrate millions of non-Europeans since 1965.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
CaptainExplosion2 said:
Likely yes. That idiot is gonna give into Islamophobia and cause a second 9/11. -_-

I hope not since that means whatever the hell he does to Muslims inside the states is gonna be much worse. I can go somewhere else but the people are gonna be stuck there in america who are muslims

He's already got his rabid supporters doing it for him.

Could you people listen to what he actually said before getting up in arms about it?

Mystro-Sama said:
Could you people listen to what he actually said before getting up in arms about it?

I would, that is, if his words didn't make me want to see the world explode.

Well he's already went back on his "wall" claims so I don't see him banning Muslims either. I think most of his "plans" were just BS to get the ignorant voter. He is a con-man afterall. 

Around the Network

No any Law abiding Citizen will be fine. US is still a western power that relies heavily on support from Europe. He won't want to alienate US from other NATO Countries.

bunchanumbers said:
More than likely. But the real terror won't begin until he uses his deportation force to physically drag every hispanic man, woman, and child from the country. It won't be pretty and I'm sure there will be violence.

He never said he was going to drag every hispanic out of the country.

He said every ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

Why do you CHOOSE to be ignorant and not read or listen properly.  Why do you CHOOSE to just push a narrative and agenda that's not true.  You create false fears.   You are CHOOSING to spread LIES.

CosmicSex said:
bunchanumbers said:
More than likely. But the real terror won't begin until he uses his deportation force to physically drag every hispanic man, woman, and child from the country. It won't be pretty and I'm sure there will be violence.

Yea... thats not gonna happen.  No one is gonna put up with that.  Also, and this is in general, its never good to profit at the expense of others.  What do we hope to gain by displacing millions of families?  

Illegal immigrants gotta go.  Not the legal ones.

pokoko said:
BeefWellingtonIII said:

He banned iraqi refugeees and several others from coming into the country.  He banned Muslim based/majority countries from being allowed to enter the United States.   He banned Muslim people from coming into America.  Countries that were known to have Terroristic threats, which were Muslim nations, were banned from entering the United States.   This is exactly what Donald Trump has proposed and it is exactly what Obama has done.   It's funny to see how you want to add the context to it for Obama, but not Trump.  You are clearly biased and not thinking clearly.

Here's another one for you.  Obama banned an Iranian Judge from hearing Immigration Cases regarding immigrants from Iran.   He obviously thought there would be a bias there.   Sounds exactly like when Trump said it would be unfair for a judge with La Raza ties and that very Pro-Mexican to judge his case, knowing how he wants to build the wall.  There would be a bias on the Judge. 

I'm sorry that you only live in a world with one sided stories, but the reality is there are at least two sides.

Link, source, do you not understand English?  

And where have I even mentioned Trump's policy on this one way or another?  What the hell are you even talking about?  You seem to have a problem understanding anything that isn't your own delusion.  Take your own advice, stop being a pawn to a political party.  I won't have a problem with Trump's proposal if religion is one aspect of the screening process, as the Supreme Court already allows that.  Your whining about bias has no foundation when you're the only one exaggerating.

Anyway, you seem to lack the ability to understand logic so I'll give you a little refresher:

All cats are animals, not all animals are cats.

You still following?  Can you puzzle out what that means and how it applies to this?  Or will you claim that logic is biased against you?

Banning Muslims would mean that no Muslims at all are allowed to enter.  You following?  That is not the same as disallowing entry from specific countries in any way, shape, or form, even if the majority of their citizens are Muslim.  Period.

This isn't rocket science, it's basic logic.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-countries/2016/06/27/id/735918/ Earlier it was a full Muslim ban, but it was more about a ban from Muslim countries and that is what the policy he has pushed for months and months has been now. You can google these things and find the same exact answers. I let you decide which "source" you want to use because no matter what I give you, you are going to twist it into how it's right-wing propaganda. I'm not loyal to any political party. Republicans are just as dirty as the Democrats. The politicians are crooked. Take your blinders off.

CosmicSex said:
We pray that things like this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/01/saudi-student-assaulted-wisconsin-dies-his-injuries/93101338/

are not inspired by the victory of Donald Trump. The country doesn't need this. For our dignity and our safety. Those forces who wish to do us harm abroad will use this to recruit people to attack us. We do not condone the harassment of people based on what race or region they come from. Its not what this country stands for.

Fear mongering. Nothing in that story points to it being a hate crime or him being targeted based on his race. People get randomly murdered of all races all the time. This also happened on Halloween Night. Before Trump was president. Holy crap people