By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Coming To PS4/XB1?

Expanding outside of Japan probably means non-Nintendo platforms, or platforms with 60m+ userbase.

The Switch will obviously get MH, but I think this particular statement is related to the PS4/X1.

Capcom, where the f is Deep Down?

Around the Network

I have a feeling that we're going to end up saying goodbye to Capcom soon!
They keep chasing this dream of converting their franchises over for the Western market and it never pans out right. Western gamers aren't going to go out and buy this series in droves on PS4 and XbOne, simply because it's to Japanese of a game. If they try and change things just to garner that western appeal, they are going to risk losing the current fan base they already have.

Meh, i'll still get the handheld version. There are few genres that imo are better played on handhelds. VNs, Animal crossing, and this series are just some of em

I'd love it. This game could benefit so much from polished gameplay and graphical improvement. I just dont see it happening.

Wyrdness said:
Valdath said:

Also slow down those releases man, especially when most MH games are basically the same just with new weaons and monsters, just release 1 game and add DLC for a couple of years.

Not really the last 3 main entries added new mechanics which are the themes of the game, Tri had underwater battles and hunts, 4 added vertical elements to hunts and Generations/X added the style system. These were big changes that impact design so would not be easy to add as DLC.

I think he's referring to the fact that each main entry ALSO had another game released within 12 months as an add-on extra that was put at full price.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Ugh, if that is true it has some major gameplay changes. The portable version would keep the old mechanics. If Sony wants this for Japan it might not working, but these changes may appeal to a western audience. All under the assumption this is true.

Surely no one would complain about modernizing MH's mechanics and combat systems... Right? It's the worst part of the game.

Exactly, everyone is playing MH for it's excellent graphic and story.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Valdath said:
Call me when they update those early PS2 graphics, add a lock on system and speed up the combat gameplay, i'm all for big ass slow weapons but MH levels of slow is a bit too much for me.

I mean if all of that changed i would give it a chance, but it's probably not a good decision and most of the people who enjoy MH would be pissed about it.

Also slow down those releases man, especially when most MH games are basically the same just with new weaons and monsters, just release 1 game and add DLC for a couple of years.

Play something else and stay clear of my Monster hunter. Faster weapons would make it a different game, they probably would lose me as customer.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
outlawauron said:

Surely no one would complain about modernizing MH's mechanics and combat systems... Right? It's the worst part of the game.

The draw of MonHun is the 4 player co-op, huge number of bosses, and the depth of crafting/gathering systems to get equipment. I don't think the great clunk outshines the former.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

The draw of MonHun is the 4 player co-op, huge number of bosses, and the depth of crafting/gathering systems to get equipment. I don't think the great clunk outshines the former.

That's exactly the draw. And I know only the Souls games and Monster Hunter with these mechanic, so it would be a loss if they convert the gameplay to be more "Bayonetta" or whatever.

outlawauron said:

I think he's referring to the fact that each main entry ALSO had another game released within 12 months as an add-on extra that was put at full price.

Ahhh right, I forgot we only ever get the second release, Generations is the only time we've gotten the first version.