By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Coming To PS4/XB1?

Mnementh said:
AZWification said:

I wonder how much would the PS4/XB1 help the franchise in West.

That is a good question. MH3 on the Wii had some better western reception, but still in Japan it sold 3 times as much as the rest of the world.

Maybe this game has no western appeal (I like it, but I might be an outlier) or it wasn't good marketed so far to western audiences.

I don't think a simple port to PS4/X1 will do much, but combined with the proper merketing it might have an impact.

MH has some western appeal, but it needs to be marketed properly. We'll see if Capcom is capable of that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

We'll see Monster Hunter on the Switch, and at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if it came to PlayStation as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

please multiplat crossplay between systems!

If Capcom intends to make MH bigger in the West it would defeat purpose to launch a new entry exclusively on unproven hardware with unproven reception.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

BasilZero said:
The biggest question should be....

Will it actually look better than the last couple of entries or will Capcom be too cheap to actually make new and improved assets?

I'm leaning a lot towards the latter knowing Capcom

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Why would MH5 be released on Switch when PS4 will have 60 millions users next year versus 10 millions at best for Switch ?

globalisateur said:
Why would MH5 be released on Switch when PS4 will have 60 millions users next year versus 10 millions at best for Switch ?

Because the PS4 is not a handheld and MH is way more popular in the land of handhelds, Japan.

Soundwave said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305643

- Capcom predicts 100million PS4's and 40~50million Xbox One's will be sold by 2020.
- Capcom is a rare Japanese video game developer with a heavy focus on overseas consumers, must make games to appeal to the foreign consumers
- Talks about Monster Hunter 4 G's sales are being lower in the West compared to Japan, but is explained that it is due to the fact that the handheld market is only 10% of the dedicated video game market compared to Japan where handhelds are popular, and that they are taking the proper procedures to make sure that Monster Hunter grows overseas

Portables are only 10% of the dedicated video game market in North America and Europe ... wow that's shrunk a lot. 

It sounds like Capcom wants to make Monster Hunter a bigger brand in the West, I think Monster Hunter V might be a PS4/XB1/Switch multiplat game. 

Poor Capcom, they try so hard. I wish them the best.

I would buy it, the PSP games where cool.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Switch and PS4 probably. No way they will abandon Switch because Japan is their biggest market and Switch is kind of the next handheld so.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Mnementh said:
Valdath said:
Call me when they update those early PS2 graphics, add a lock on system and speed up the combat gameplay, i'm all for big ass slow weapons but MH levels of slow is a bit too much for me.

I mean if all of that changed i would give it a chance, but it's probably not a good decision and most of the people who enjoy MH would be pissed about it.

Also slow down those releases man, especially when most MH games are basically the same just with new weaons and monsters, just release 1 game and add DLC for a couple of years.

Play something else and stay clear of my Monster hunter. Faster weapons would make it a different game, they probably would lose me as customer.

Indeed.

But if Capcom decides to ruin their franchise like they always do, the least i can do is try it.