By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Coming To PS4/XB1?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1305643

- Capcom predicts 100million PS4's and 40~50million Xbox One's will be sold by 2020.
- Capcom is a rare Japanese video game developer with a heavy focus on overseas consumers, must make games to appeal to the foreign consumers
- Talks about Monster Hunter 4 G's sales are being lower in the West compared to Japan, but is explained that it is due to the fact that the handheld market is only 10% of the dedicated video game market compared to Japan where handhelds are popular, and that they are taking the proper procedures to make sure that Monster Hunter grows overseas

Portables are only 10% of the dedicated video game market in North America and Europe ... wow that's shrunk a lot. 

It sounds like Capcom wants to make Monster Hunter a bigger brand in the West, I think Monster Hunter V might be a PS4/XB1/Switch multiplat game. 

Around the Network

The Monster Hunter series is guaranteed for the Switch, due to it being the last major handheld going forward, and that's a lot of sales in Japan. But I can see a PS4 port of it, it wouldn't be out of the question.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Who would even want JRPGs on non-handheld devices?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Likely.

The next mainline Monster Hunter is going to developed for the Switch, with no unique (mandatory) controller interface and specs within the ball park of current gen systems I think a PS4 port is inevitable.

I suspect Switch will be a rising tide for all platforms where Japanese support is concerned.

Hey look, non-Nintendo owners pining for games they'll never get.

Around the Network

Switch is a better option. Japan would love it due to being a hybrid.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

vivster said:
Who would even want JRPGs on non-handheld devices?

Persona 5.... FFXV.... Kingdom Hearts 3.... Ni No Kuni 2, there's quite a few on the way.

Jranation said:

i dont think its an either/or situation, unless Nintendo has an exclusive contract than there shouldnt be anything preventing Capcom from developing it for Switch and releasing a higher resolution port on PS4/XBO.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Jranation said:

i dont think its an either/or situation, unless Nintendo has an exclusive contract than there shouldnt be anything preventing Capcom from developing it for Switch and releasing a higher resolution port on PS4/XBO.

Didn't they have an exclusivity deal with Monster Hunter, and that's the reason why it's not on the Vita?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
zorg1000 said:

Didn't they have an exclusivity deal with Monster Hunter, and that's the reason why it's not on the Vita?

some people speculate that and its certainly possible but nobody seems to know for sure, i dont think Nintendo or Capcom has ever come out and said they had an exclusive contract.

but like i said, if there is no exclusivity contract than a multiplat release on Switch/PS4/XBO is possible and might even be a good idea.

we have to remember that all mainline MH titles have been developed on SD devices all in the same general power range (PS2/PSP/Wii/3DS) so the series will be making the biggest graphical leap it ever has and will likely be the first mainline HD title meaning development costs could increase significantly and releasing on multiple devices increases the likelihood for increased sales to offset higher dev costs.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.