By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Coming To PS4/XB1?

vivster said:
Who would even want JRPGs on non-handheld devices?

You mean MH? It's not a JRPG.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
vivster said:
Who would even want JRPGs on non-handheld devices?

You mean MH? It's not a JRPG.

The one I played on Wii was. Did they change it to a shooter?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mnementh said:
Sh1nn said:
Here's the rumor from 4chan

Guy knew about MHXX before direct
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/pointman_4000/1477622794517.jpg

- MH5 PS4 exclusive (paid by SONY)
- portable series coming to Switch

Ugh, if that is true it has some major gameplay changes. The portable version would keep the old mechanics. If Sony wants this for Japan it might not working, but these changes may appeal to a western audience. All under the assumption this is true.

Surely no one would complain about modernizing MH's mechanics and combat systems... Right? It's the worst part of the game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

vivster said:

The one I played on Wii was. Did they change it to a shooter?

???

Tri? Not really an RPG of any sort as the's no character growth you just grind for equipment and do missions to raise your rank, the series is more its own genre but if it was to be classed as anything it's more action/adventure tbh.

outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Ugh, if that is true it has some major gameplay changes. The portable version would keep the old mechanics. If Sony wants this for Japan it might not working, but these changes may appeal to a western audience. All under the assumption this is true.

Surely no one would complain about modernizing MH's mechanics and combat systems... Right? It's the worst part of the game.

You're going to hell for this part.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

To be fair, I only played a little of MH4 so I can't say too much about that one.  Since Pokemon got Sun/Moon, I can't think another series that needs a bigger overhaul.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

To be fair, I only played a little of MH4 so I can't say too much about that one.  Since Pokemon got Sun/Moon, I can't think another series that needs a bigger overhaul.

Generations solved that problem by adding the style system.

Mnementh said:
Sh1nn said:
Here's the rumor from 4chan

Guy knew about MHXX before direct
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/pointman_4000/1477622794517.jpg

- MH5 PS4 exclusive (paid by SONY)
- portable series coming to Switch

I don't know tbh as each time Capcom tried to change something to make it appeal to the west more it not only had the opposite effect but hurt the project's franchise. Lost Planet 2 and RE6 come to mind in that aspect.

Call me when they update those early PS2 graphics, add a lock on system and speed up the combat gameplay, i'm all for big ass slow weapons but MH levels of slow is a bit too much for me.

I mean if all of that changed i would give it a chance, but it's probably not a good decision and most of the people who enjoy MH would be pissed about it.

Also slow down those releases man, especially when most MH games are basically the same just with new weaons and monsters, just release 1 game and add DLC for a couple of years.

Valdath said:

Also slow down those releases man, especially when most MH games are basically the same just with new weaons and monsters, just release 1 game and add DLC for a couple of years.

Not really the last 3 main entries added new mechanics which are the themes of the game, Tri had underwater battles and hunts, 4 added vertical elements to hunts and Generations/X added the style system. These were big changes that impact design so would not be easy to add as DLC.