By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How come there is not a female mod?

Ask the female to show themselves.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well, we do have one female moderator which, given the gender ratio on this site as a whole, likely makes females proportionally overrepresented on the mod list

Damn it, that was my post -_-

Because 95% of the users on this site are male.

Is there a point to this thread? Does it matter? Jeez.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Roketan said:

Unless i am mistaken all the mods are males, right? I haven't checked them all but i came across 10 mods while broswing the forum and all were men. Is this a coincidence? I find it hard to believe that there wasn't any female member that wanted to become a mod at some point. Maybe i am missing something and only men can apply for the job.

Why are you asking whether only men can apply? Are you one of those who see mysoginy everywhere?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Paatar said:
Is there a point to this thread? Does it matter? Jeez.

The question was answered. So, at some point there at least was a reason for it. 

Either way, there's isn't any need to be grumpy about it.

Question answered. Now go ahead and lock the thread. ;)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I used to be a mod, but then I took an arrow to the knee

Because females' hormones get in the way of rational decision making

Considering how many male users there are on this site compared to female users, having even one female mod is a surprise. Not that I mind though; strange isn't always bad.

Roketan said:
Nautilus said:
As people said, there is one.But I still fail to see why this is bad.Mods should be hired on their qualities, and qualities alone.

Who said it was bad anyway? And yeah i agree that they should be hired for their qualities.

So they should be hired based on qualities... but the thread title doesn't mention anything other than one unrelated to qualities thing? I'm confuse, given the number of both gender on this site and the fact that the moderators come from the forums users then it stands to reason why the chances of their being a female one is less likely to happen, the fact that it has happened with most of the female members of this site suggests that a thread should be made of "has there been a female on the forum over X number of posts who didn't get mod status" I think, would be more interested in seeing that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive