Donkey Kong Country 2 25 8.71%

Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287
AlfredoTurkey said:
StarOcean said:

I cant. YI has aged much better imo. DKC just looks ugly. Then again I dislike the entire DK series as a whole and dislike the art style with it so that may also cause me to not like it. Its just a very unappealing game for me personally

According to your profile, you weren't even alive when that game came out so to be fair, you really can't give an accurate opinion on which game looked better in 1993-1995.

I'm talking about which has better looking graphics to me, not how it was 20+ years ago. I don't give a fuck about what people thought back then, if we're going to go by that standard then objectively DKC would be among the best, no contest. However, that would be a very boring topic. Going on opinion is much more interesting

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

According to your profile, you weren't even alive when that game came out so to be fair, you really can't give an accurate opinion on which game looked better in 1993-1995.

I'm talking about which has better looking graphics to me, not how it was 20+ years ago. I don't give a fuck about what people thought back then, if we're going to go by that standard then objectively DKC would be among the best, no contest. However, that would be a very boring topic. Going on opinion is much more interesting

I was under the assumption the OP was talking about "for it's time" though. Unless I'm wrong?

DKC3

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

AlfredoTurkey said:
StarOcean said:

I was under the assumption the OP was talking about "for it's time" though. Unless I'm wrong?

I reread it and it doesnt seem to say that, I could understand if that was implied though. But as youve correctly pointed out I wasnt there "for its time". However I grew up (in gaming) in a way that was not unsimilar to those of that time period. I started with Atari games on my computer as a young child, then played NES/SNES remakes on my GBA, then owned a N64, after that a Gamecube, and so forth. So how I grew up with games wasnt as different as you might think

Axelay, Demon's Crest, and Doom.

Come at me, bro.

Around the Network

Super Metroid!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

They might not have aged well but what about Pilotwings, F-Zero etc. At the time mode 7 was incredible.

Also Star Fox for that Super FX goodness.

If DKC gets a mention I don't see why these shouldn't. DKC has aged, especially when playing on a modern TV.

To me it's easily Tales of Phantasia. This game is just beyond everything on the SNES, in my opinion.

Donkey Kong Country's tech was jaw dropping at that time.

Otherwise, purely by tech, I'd say any SuperFX game, imho StarWolf and Doom !

(I'd like to point out the fact that Doom SNES had no save and I'm proud to have complete this one in nightmare, first and second world ^^)

It's been over 2 days since the last response, so I hereby crown Donkey Kong Country 3 as the winner.

Thanks for voting everyone.