Donkey Kong Country 2 25 8.71%

Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287

super castlevania IV looks pretty cool

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

DKC from what I've seen (but not played)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Street Fighter Alpha 2

AlfredoTurkey said:
The first DKC hands down. For those of us who were there, it's hard to explain how much that game blew minds. There's nothing this gen that has even approached that level of "holy shit" graphically.

100%

Yes, DKC is one of those "you had to be there" or cannot understand.

I remember seeing 1-2 still pictures in some gaming magazines and just bought the game. It was legit "next-gen" moment out of nowhere, lol

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Yoshi's Island is the most beautiful thing ever and makes good use of the Snes hardware.

DK is amazing too, specially for its age, but it has aged way worse.

One that is usually very overlooked is Demon's Crest, that game's graphics were just great and they still look very good.

Agreed. Demon's Crest still impresses me today.

As for myself, I would say Donkey Kong Country 3, Yoshi's Island and Seiken Densetsu 3. Later games like Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean are beautiful too, but I consider them more impressive on audio. Dat voice acting on Star Ocean...

PS: I don't think FF6 has one of the best SNES graphics, specially considering other RPGs like Rudra no Hihou, Bahamut Lagoon and even Chrono Trigger having more beautiful visuals. But that may be because I don't actually like this game.

I vote for Donkey Kong Country. It was the most impressive at the time.
Terranigma was also quite the pretty game. I was really impressed by the cutscenes, backgrounds and especially the overworld back then. (man I feel old...)

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Probably Yoshi's Island or DKC 3.

But I'd also like to mention Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. Hell, Mario RPG is probably insanely short BECAUSE it was so gorgeous.

StarOcean said:
curl-6 said:

While I like the way both look, I actually prefer DKC's graphics to Yoshi's Island's even today.

I cant. YI has aged much better imo. DKC just looks ugly. Then again I dislike the entire DK series as a whole and dislike the art style with it so that may also cause me to not like it. Its just a very unappealing game for me personally

According to your profile, you weren't even alive when that game came out so to be fair, you really can't give an accurate opinion on which game looked better in 1993-1995.

It's eithe DKC3 or Yoshis Island.

DKC3 looks good but it has aged well, but not fantastic but I still think Yoshis Island look absolutely stunning, my son plays it every day and I look at it and just shake my head that his game was released on a 16bit console.