?

Donkey Kong Country 48 16.72%

Donkey Kong Country 2 25 8.71%

Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287

With Conker claiming victory in the N64 thread, it's time for Nintendo's 4th gen console, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, to enter the ring.

The SNES was a graphical beast back in the day, offering a massive array of on-screen colours, the ability to scale and rotate sprites with a process called "Mode 7", and additional co-processor chips included in the cartridges of many of its games, most notably the Super FX chip, which allowed the SNES to output 3D polygons.

Which game do think deserves the title of Best SNES Graphics, and why?

Around the Network

Donkey Kong Country.. It was amazing back then.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Donkey Kong Country

Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of the Rudras and Seiken Densetsu 3 are three of the best graphical games (that dont use the FX chip) on the SNES :)

It's not my absolute favorite art style, but Yoshi's Island is very purdy, and it's use of sprites was technologically demanding too.

Around the Network

Yoshi's Island was beautiful.

Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, Yoshi's Island, Tales of Phantasia, FF6 (not technically, but the artwork is sublime), and many more.

My favorite looking games are still mostly from the SNES. So many wonderful art styles that have barely aged, which is something I cannot say about almost every other console.

Hi

RolStoppable said:
Donkey Kong Country 3, because it runs the most advanced version of Rare's ACM (Advanced Computer Modeling). The differences between the DKC games aren't that big, but the third entry has definitely the most detailed backgrounds.

When Donkey Kong Country was shown for the first time, people assumed it was going to be for Nintendo's next generation console, but the shocking revelation was that it was a plain SNES game that didn't even use any extra chips in each cartridge.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

DKC blew people's minds back in the day, it fooled many into thinking the SNES could actually do CGI quality graphics. Some even claimed that it looked better than games on the "next gen" Playstation and Saturn. 

Hmm, best graphics on the SNES...

Maybe Chrono Trigger? That was such a beautiful game to look at... @_@ Mario RPG was a good one as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

DKC is probably the hands down winner, but you did leave out some solid contenders, like FF6.