?

Donkey Kong Country 48 16.72%

Donkey Kong Country 2 25 8.71%

Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287

Yoshi's Island. DKC is ugly x~x maybe for its time it looked okay but idk its graphics are really bad this day in age x.x

Around the Network

Yoshi's Island is the most beautiful thing ever and makes good use of the Snes hardware.

DK is amazing too, specially for its age, but it has aged way worse.

One that is usually very overlooked is Demon's Crest, that game's graphics were just great and they still look very good.

StarOcean said:
Yoshi's Island. DKC is ugly x~x maybe for its time it looked okay but idk its graphics are really bad this day in age x.x

While I like the way both look, I actually prefer DKC's graphics to Yoshi's Island's even today.

curl-6 said:
StarOcean said:

While I like the way both look, I actually prefer DKC's graphics to Yoshi's Island's even today.

I cant. YI has aged much better imo. DKC just looks ugly. Then again I dislike the entire DK series as a whole and dislike the art style with it so that may also cause me to not like it. Its just a very unappealing game for me personally

I voted for DKC 3.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Only played three games on the SNES, and it was SMW, Batman Forever and Sparkster, and I'll choose Sparkster just because it looked really cool at that time.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

You know, since all use iterations of the same tech, you could have just had one DK game on there :P.

If we're talking tech, the whole vote is moot. There's only one right answer. If we're talking how good they look, my vote goes to Yoshi's Island. Game hasn't aged a day while DK suffers the same fate as many games that focus on pushing hardware capabilities as far as possible: what was once the benchmark for hardware prowess is now a monument to hardware limitations. Yoshi's Island pushes hardware capabilities to achieve great visuals but doesn't lose sight of the importance of recognizing and working elegantly within the limitations of the platform.

Of course, my personal favorite visuals from the SNES are probably...Chrono Trigger or Kirby Superstar. Now neither of those are technological marvels but the aesthetics are just SO good.

Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG & of course, Donkey Kong Country.

In my country Sega Mega Drive II was far more popular than SNES, SNES was pretty rear, I also had Sega, and I remember when after Sega I get SNES, I couldn't believe that Donkey Kong Country look so much better than anything i saw on Sega.

Too my mind, the graphics of the Donkey Kong Country games have aged very badly, whilst some game with simple, crisp and colourful spirits, such as Zelda: A Link To The Past, have only improved with age. I now vastly prefer the likes of SMW's graphics over dkc's ugly and messy graphics and that's very different to how I felt back in the day. The rich and detailed graphics of The Secret of Mana used to look great next to Zelda but now the simpler Zelda graphics have proven timeless and seem to far surpass The Secrets of Mana for me.

Star fox has aged surprisingly well despite being early 3d graphics and I think this is because of the use of simple shapes and very few textures. Frame rate is a fault that holds it back though. Frame rate also utterly ruins Stunt Racer FX and makes that game seem unplayable now.
The sprites in Mario Kart are still quite charming but in most ways that game does not look remotely good enough now.

Anyway if I had to choose the best I'd probably pick Yoshi's Island.