Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287

imo, Super Metroid.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
DKC is probably the hands down winner, but you did leave out some solid contenders, like FF6.

Honestly, I got stuck.

I made this massive long list with stuff like Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, etc, but as I started eliminating them I kept thinking, "wait, if I get rid of x then it doesn't make sense to keep y, cos they look similarly good".

Eventually I decided to narrow it down to just the heaviest hitters; DKC1-3 and Mario RPG for their pre-rendered graphics, Yoshi's Island for its Super FX trickery.

I say DKC..

DKC3 looked better.. But I remember first time i saw DKC.. blew me away.. it was insane..

Yeah, even though I thought it wasn't as good as the first 2, DKC3 was a marvel for its time.

Super Mario RPG.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

DKC and Super Metroid

Probably Donkey Kong Country 3. I remember that even on later generations it still looked impressive!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Toss up between DKC 2 (I like the characters & environments the best in this one) and Yoshi's Island, where alot of impressive stuff was going on with the pseudo-2.5D environments and the incredible bosses.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The first DKC hands down. For those of us who were there, it's hard to explain how much that game blew minds. There's nothing this gen that has even approached that level of "holy shit" graphically.

AlfredoTurkey said:
The first DKC hands down. For those of us who were there, it's hard to explain how much that game blew minds. There's nothing this gen that has even approached that level of "holy shit" graphically.

I'd go so far as to say there are few games in any gen that have approached that level of "holy shit" graphically.

It was the equivalent of a Wii U game coming out today that looked like Avatar.