?

Donkey Kong Country 48 16.72%

Donkey Kong Country 2 25 8.71%

Donkey Kong Country 3 73 25.44%

Yoshi's Island 60 20.91%

Super Mario RPG 23 8.01%

Other 58 20.21%

Total:287

Id say Donkey Kong Country but Killer Instinct was a great looking game aswell.

Around the Network

How do you measure graphics on the SNES?
What about the art style?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Tales of phantasia was awesome back then. 

Yoshi's Island.

I genuinly feel that's still one of the prettiest games ever made. I usually don't really like the "super-kiddy" style like modern-day Yoshi or Kirby or whatever, but on the SNES they really knocked it out of the park. I know DKC was very good technically, but I never really liked it's esthetics. The plastic looking trees and things, I always thought it kind of looked like my Thunderbirds-Island (the toy).

StarOcean said:

I cant. YI has aged much better imo. DKC just looks ugly. Then again I dislike the entire DK series as a whole and dislike the art style with it so that may also cause me to not like it. Its just a very unappealing game for me personally

I quite like the way the DKC games look myself, I like the quirky character designs and rich backgrounds. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Nuvendil said:
You know, since all use iterations of the same tech, you could have just had one DK game on there :P.

They vary a bit in aesthetics and implementation though, so it's very possible to prefer the look of one over another.

Never said:

Star fox has aged surprisingly well despite being early 3d graphics and I think this is because of the use of simple shapes and very few textures. Frame rate is a fault that holds it back though. Frame rate also utterly ruins Stunt Racer FX and makes that game seem unplayable now.

I was going to have Starfox on the poll for its breakthrough 3D rendering, but while I too feel its simple shapes have aged well, most people seem to think it looks too simple.

Around the Network

Donkey Kong, Killer Instinct and of course... Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars which was also made on SGI rigs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDEyQHG0PSA

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Cant believe people are voteing for Yoshi's Island.

Donkey Kong Country 3 & Super Mario RPG are much better looking.

JRPGfan said:
Cant believe people are voteing for Yoshi's Island.

Donkey Kong Country 3 & Super Mario RPG are much better looking.

Yet yoshis island has aged way better.

Chono Trigger was a looker, as was Final Fantasy VI(III).

Oh SO many options!!!
I'd go with either Super Mario World or Chrono Trigger. Neither of which you seem to have listed!

"Best graphics" hardly means much in 2D though. It's more like "best artwork"