By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 31 July 2018

Around the Network
spemanig said:
potato_hamster said:

It could still be a closed platform, they would just be off-loading the responsibility of creating multiple configurations. If you want a more-open console that can have multiple hardware configurations, what exactly is the downside to allowing third parties to create their own versions, especially when you're advertising that the operating system of the Xbox is Windows 10, especially if you want to hammer home the concept that this is a "more open xbox"?

You clearly don't know what a closed platform is. A closed platform means that Microsoft is the only contributing factor to their hardware and firmware. They don't want to hammer home that its a more open Xbox. It's not.

Actually I do know what a closed platform is. It's a platform where the company in charge maintains complete control. It does not mean that they have to be the only contributing hardware manufacturer, it means they have complete control over who makes an xbox console, and who makes games for that console. If Microsoft has to certify hardware in order to play xbox games, they would still have a closed platform.

tiffac said:
Xbox is just 1 division. It's not the entire company like Sony.

So there is nothing to worry about.

Care for Xbox is seperate from care for Microsoft.

Also you misspelled Nintendo, PlayStation is only one part of Sony

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

AEGRO said:

People are looking the subject in the wrong way.

If i buy a certain console, do i also have to buy EVERY exclusive that releases on that specific console?

That is one silly closed minded way of looking at the market.

I bought the Ps4 for its exclusives, as the majority of the consumers. I will buy Uncharted 4 but i dont like Gran Turismo. I bought Bloodborne but i dont like MLB The Show.

Does exclusives have to have 100% attach ratio so people convince themselves that exclusives are actually the reason to own a console? Of course not.

It is called: diversity of tastes and games.

If all consoles had the same games, what makes them unique? What makes you choose one over another?

In this specific scenario, what made you choose the Xbox One over the Ps4 when almost ALL Multiplatform games Run and Looks Better on the Ps4?

As i asked before and nobody answered, if you chose the Xbox One over the Ps4 even knowing that the games run better on the Ps4, what was your reason?

People under estimating exclusives are being silly honestly. Because if someone thinks that the reasons that i mentioned before are more important than exclusive games, you are not a gamer.

- Brand Loyalty? Yes...

- Controller? Yes...

- UI? Yes...

- Hate the Ps4 because reasons? It's the opposite of your diversity thing... it's called "going negative" and that's when the value of bad games overshadows that of good ones. The scale is not just adding points...

- Hate Sony? Of America and Europe? Yes. Of Japan? No, but I am thankfully and sadly not in Japan and it's too late to turn things around. I am decidedly off them until they are spun off... 

That said, I chose it for the exclusives since they hadn't gone multiplatform back then and I've never been big on PC gaming. Between that and my recent vitriol towards the other two, MS was the best one out there. Are they still the best?

To me at least? Yes, but they are a shadow of their former selves... 

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
tiffac said:
Xbox is just 1 division. It's not the entire company like Sony.

So there is nothing to worry about.

Care for Xbox is seperate from care for Microsoft.

Also you misspelled Nintendo, PlayStation is only one part of Sony

You have to forgive me doc, English is not my main language. :p

ROFL!

Around the Network

I'm not worried at all. I'm actually very happy. As a matter of fact I couldn't be happier.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Hiku said:
Azzanation said:

Think what you like. No one here has proven me wrong, the problem, is when I list facts fans change the subject, much like what you’re doing right now instead of answering my post with a reply to my question.

So when you asked what Sony has done to support the development of SFV, and that you see nothing, and when I listed several of those things, and you ignored me and stopped posting in the thread, that was you listing facts, and me changing the subject?
Or when you made the topic about how nice Microsoft are to share Minecraft games with other consoles after they acquired Mojang, specifying Minecraft Story Mode, and I listed a quote from the developer from Telltale Games about how they said the deal was struck before MS acquired the studio and could not prevent it from being released on multiple consoles even if they wanted to, and you ignored me and stopped posting in the thread, that was you listing facts, and me changing the subject?

I can go on and on as you've done this to me as well on numerous occasions.

As for your argument regarding WiiU and exclusives, it's always been a matter of value. If a console costs 100000 and only has 5 good exclusives, no one will buy it. If it costs 1000 and has 5 good exclusives, a few will buy it. If it costs 100 and has 5 good exclusives, many more will buy it.
WiiU has it's problems from the fundamental inception of the console. And this varies from console to console, as for example successful Playstation consoles tend to get many third party games as exclusives automatically, which increases the rate of purchasers who bought it because of an exclusive.
What that ratio is exactly no one knows, but we do know that multiplat games tend to sell more. And that's for pretty obvious reasons. There are many more multiplatform developers than there are developers who dedicate themselves to one platform. But exclusives are certainly important when it comes to being a tie breaker. Why get console A instead of console B? Some have mentioned "because their friends got a certain console." Well then the question is, why did those friends get the console and not the other one? Usually it comes down to games. But that's providing the console gives you with good value for your money.

Not sure what you’re talking about. I am not on here every day because I actually have a life to attend to. And most times I don’t even check my replies due to the amount of useless twisting answers I get. No you have not yet proven me wrong. I don’t even know who you are and can’t even remember you replying to my posts. You’re entitled to think what you like. But while we are at it, let me prove you wrong.

What facts are you listing? I am not interested in your assumptions on what you think Sony has done on SFV or care about what you think Telltale games said about Minecraft story mode. In fact if you think I am wrong about MS sharing exclusives I think you’re batting for the wrong team now as you can see many more of their exclusives are becoming multi plats so again your point in invalid.

MS clearly said it’s up to Rare if Rare’s Replay hits WiiU Twitted “Suggest it to the great folks at @RareLtd” MS isn’t stopping Rare’s Replay from hitting the WiiU, Rare is. Spin that all you want. That’s the facts stated by MS.

MS own Mojang, they can do what they like with the deal, and the difference is they still allowed it to happen. There not like Sony, they don’t care. Infact I think there grateful it’s on PS3/4. Making money on their competitors consoles.

Another fact that you choose to ignore, MS has allowed a WiiU version of Minecraft… That’s right they allowed Minecraft on the WiiU after they purchased Mojang. Would Sony do that? No. Are MS sharing Minecraft to the world? Yes. My point is valid and still stands and yours does not. And you claimed you proved me wrong? Lol ok than.

As for SFV, Sony only funded SFV, they didn’t help develop it. They published the game and offered there services to Capcom (Like MS or Nintendo wouldn’t) Believe what you wish. Pretty sure Sony doesn’t want their name on SFV with the reviews its getting anyway. As for the gamers, we don’t see what Sony has done, the game has had one of the poorest launches to date. Where was the help? I don’t see it. It feels as if Sony just gave them money to rush the project out the door so they can have an appearance at EVO.

I am use to the spinning and going off topic, this is not a surprise and I am not hear to debate other forum posts on someone else’s article. Anyway back on topic.

Your ratio is wrong on so many levels and is nothing more than a clear assumption to what you think. I stated facts, look up the best-selling PS4 games and count how many 1st party exclusives are in the top 10. Yup it’s clear everybody is buying a PS4 for their 1st party exclusives…… (Sarcasm)

Now you’re saying Gamers are buying WiiU exclusives but not the console. That’s the bloody point from the start. No one is buying a WiiU for its amazing 1st party exclusive except those who own a WiiU because there’s not much else on offer. I love Nintendo but the fact is, Mario Kart sells so well because what other racing games do they have? Splatoon sells well because what shooters is it competing with? Exactly nothing. There amazing games but again 1st party exclusives isn’t selling the WiiU because it lacks the main part of the industry and that’s 3rd party. Maybe NX will be different and compete again on those terms. The facts are what I stated.

Apologise to those who had to read this.

Azzanation said:                                 

Not sure what you’re talking about. I am not on here every day because I actually have a life to attend to.

I don't care who you are, you lose all credibility when you make statements like this. Everyone has a life, you're not special.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

AEGRO said:

People under estimating exclusives are being silly honestly. Because if someone thinks that the reasons that i mentioned before are more important than exclusive games, you are not a gamer.

I'm not diving back into the debate about how important exclusives are when people buy consoles because, honestly, sales charts and third party marketing deals speak for themselves, but this statement is entirely incorrect. Someone could prefer the controller, online service, UI, hell even the look of Console A over Console B and any one or sum of those could add up to being worth more to that person than being able to play Console B's exclusives.

Most of the games people here gush over when it comes to PS4 exclusives (and Xbone), are games that frankly, most of the userbase doesn't care about. You're confusing the anticipation levels here amongst very hardcore gamers with the average consumer or hell even a less hardcore gamer. I understand Last Guardian is a big deal to many PS fans here. But what about the rest of the world? If some dude picks up an Xbox One over a PS4 because he considers the exclusives a wash but prefers the Xbone controller or XBL over PSN, he's not a gamer? Or even if he understands PS4 might have more exclusives, but he's mostly interested in playing these multiplatform games with his friends so he buys an Xbone, he's not a gamer? Or maybe he LOVES PS4 exclusives but cannot stand the UI so buys an Xbone. He's not a gamer?

Of course he's a gamer, just as much of one as you are. Not everyone cares about exclusives. I think everyone here probably has more than one friend who never even buys exclusive games. Don't let their importance here in console warz warp their value in the real world. Which isn't to say they're not important, before anyone twists it.

Hiku said:
Azzanation said:                            

Not sure what you’re talking about. I am not on here every day because I actually have a life to attend to. And most times I don’t even check my replies due to the amount of useless twisting answers I get.

Then you do know what I'm talking about. And you don't have to be on every day to check the blue icon every once in a while that links you directly to a reply.
Whether you're pretending not to see the answers, or actually ignrong to check your own topics after posting them, even when you ask people a question, neither of them are responsible ways to handle a topic you created.

No you have not yet proven me wrong. I don’t even know who you are and can’t even remember you replying to my posts.

First of all, you seem very If you can't remember me ever replying to you, and you yourself claim you often don't even check replies, then you can't claim I've never proven you wrong. That's a pretty obvious contradiction you should have seen a mile away.
I've replied to you many times over the years, and I do remember you specifically because you have a tendency of never replying back once someone provides you with facts. And I often see other people saying they have the same experience with you, such as the person you were quoting above.

You've posted things on numerous occasions without fact checking first, and when people correct you with direct links to quotes and facts, you ignore it, and/or pretend you never saw it.
For example, you made a topic where you claimed Microsoft allowed Minecraft: Story Mode on multiple consoles, incinuating that they are more generous with their first party titles than Sony and Nintendo. You stated that your reason for believing this was because Story Mode came out after Microsoft acquired Mojang.
However, when I replied with this quote: "Telltale began negotiations with Mojang in early 2013, and began work on the title shortly thereafter.[4] Stauffer noted that Microsoft's acquisition of Mojang was not a factor in the game's development, as their interaction with Mojang began well before Microsoft's negotiations.[4]" you did as you usually do, and either ignored it or pretended not to see it, and stopped posting in your own thread.
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minecraft:_Story_Mode)

There you go. You were wrong.
This is not what I think, but a quote from Telltale's head director of creative communications.

MS own Mojang, they can do what they like with the deal, and the difference is they still allowed it to happen.

No. There's a thing called the law. A legally binding contract had already been signed and all the rights had been sold to Telltale for this particular game. Microsoft can't interfear, or they're in breach of their contract. That's why contracts exist.
What part of Telltale's statement is hard for you to grasp? The "not a factor" part? Or the "as they..." part? The latter denotes that the reason MS weren't a factor in the game's development was because negotiations for the game began long before MS began negiotiating with Mojang. Not because MS just chose to stay out of it.
And regarding SFV, I posted things stated by Capcom, such as the Senior Product Manager at Capcom, Matt Dahlgren. You saying that you don't see any of Sony's involvements is what's an an assumption.
We're not talking about occasionally ignoring or missing certain posts. That can happen to anyone. But a very common trend from you, and it tends to happen when you get corrected.

The future of Xbox may very well be about taking their games to multiple platforms. For now their focus is their own Windows platforms though.

I'll just keep this to the point. It's nice that you're finally replying though, even if saying that MS can breach a contract is incorrect.

You have still not proven me wrong. At what time did MS try to pull the PS4 versions of Minecraft? Breaking a deal will result in a payout in most cases. We are not talking about major politic issues here, it’s just a video game, they could have cancelled the deal and paid the penalty and guess what, they didn’t, and I bet they didn’t care either. MS like sharing there exclusives because (You keep ignoring this point lol) they allowed Minecraft on WiiU and plan on bringing the story mode to WiiU as well…. Woah wait what? After the buyout, MS are still continuing releasing Minecraft games on other platforms? So where in your post are you proving me wrong?

So until you prove my original post wrong, I would stop trying to justify yourself. I have proven you wrong here. My post relates to MS don’t care about sharing there exclusives, hence Minecraft on ALL platforms, Hence the GBA games like Conker and Banjo on a Nintendo handheld. The Twitter about Rare’s Replay coming to WiiU rumour and many others. All your stating is a simply deal that MS went with for the PS4 version of Minecraft which even if the deal didn’t exist, they most likely would have STILL released the game on PS4 and I am basing that fact around the fact they released a WiiU version. So guess what, Deal or no Deal, MS would have (most likely) released Minecraft on PS4 anyway.

Again with the twisting this convo into something more personal. Yes I don’t have every day to check the blue icon, do you? I do occasionally when I’m free and I normally only reply to those that actually make a sensible debate. In this case I am not planning on replying to this debate anymore.

Good day sir.