By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467
TheMessiah said:
potato_hamster said:

It's all a matter of your opinion, and the fact that you seem to openly admit haven't  played any PS4 exclusives means the fact that you find Xbox One's exclusives better is pretty meaningless, isn't it? Like you think that Uncharted 4 will give ROTR, a game coming out on PS4, "a run". That is an understatement, but how can you say that when you will probably never play Uncharted 4?

Also, you seem like the first one I've heard call Forza Horizon 2 an arcade racer. It seems to be almost universally pegged as an simulation racer that's more shallow than Forza 6. Having less features, cars and tracks doesn't make it an arcade racer. But that seems like nitpicking on my behalf.

And if we use current Metacritic scores (we shouldn't, it's just favoring one person's opinion over another), SFV is ahead of Killer Instinct, and I haven't bothered to look the others. But I do know that there are 204 PS4 games with a metacritic of 75 and above, compared to X1's 128, so I would strongly suggest against using that argument. At least on the surface it appears that there are almost double the number of "great games" on PS4 based on sheer metacritic numbers, which frankly shouldn't hold much weight in people's minds. Metacritic is overrated.

But to counter your point, it seems difficult to argue that X1 is doing "better than ever before" when the Halo series has taken a nosedive in terms of quality and sales, when Gears Of War is a shadow of its former self, and Forza games now appear to be coming out at a faster rate than Assassin's Creed games. Those have been the big 3 of MS for a long, long time, and nothing has risen up to take the mantle where those have faltered. There's hope for Quantum Break, there's Hope for Crackdown 3, but frankly those games could be just as huge of duds as The Order or Knack was for PS4.

Xbox is in a state of flux with no definitive direction going forward. It has to be nervous times for those Xbox fans out there. Hopefully MS can sort its self out and remain competitive, for gaming's sake.

Xbox has a direction. It plays games. and good ones at that. The only thing we don't know is any elaboration on upgradeable future of Xbox. That's it. what else is there? So some studios closed during the highest money investment in MS own Ip period. I'm sure E3 will show us what we have to look forward to. We already know we have a great year AAA exclusive wise this year.

I never said I haven't played PS4. And I also owned a PS3 last gen. I have played Uncharted among others. I preferred the game play and adventure of Tomb Raider 2013 over all Uncharted on PS3.

Again that's all opinion.

I can assure you, Forza Horizon 2 is not remotely a sim racer. not even close. Forza 6 is simulation. Horizon 2 is a bumper car arcade fest on multi surfaces racing at 200 mph where its impossible to in real life. FH2 is 100% arcade. Killer Instinct season 2 is 85 meta. Street Fighter 5 77.

Let me ask because I am not sure but what was the meta for KI before teh expansion? I can't remember. SOrry for butting in the conversation I was just like man what hwas it before lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
TheMessiah said:

Xbox has a direction. It plays games. and good ones at that. The only thing we don't know is any elaboration on upgradeable future of Xbox. That's it. what else is there? So some studios closed during the highest money investment in MS own Ip period. I'm sure E3 will show us what we have to look forward to. We already know we have a great year AAA exclusive wise this year.

I never said I haven't played PS4. And I also owned a PS3 last gen. I have played Uncharted among others. I preferred the game play and adventure of Tomb Raider 2013 over all Uncharted on PS3.

I can assure you, Forza Horizon 2 is not remotely a sim racer. not even close. Forza 6 is simulation. Horizon 2 is a bumper car arcade fest on multi surfaces racing at 200 mph where its impossible to in real life. FH2 is 100% arcade. Killer Instinct season 2 is 85 meta. Street Fighter 5 77.

Let me ask because I am not sure but what was the meta for KI before teh expansion? I can't remember. SOrry for butting in the conversation I was just like man what hwas it before lol.

73 I believe.

TheMessiah said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

73 I believe.

Cool beans! Thanks man!

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheMessiah said:

73 I believe.

Cool beans! Thanks man!

Im hoping season 3 with the new graphics gets into the 90's. I heard a rumour of a retail full release of all seasons coming. like Killer Instinct definitive edition

TheMessiah said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Cool beans! Thanks man!

Im hoping season 3 with the new graphics gets into the 90's. I heard a rumour of a retail full release of all seasons coming. like Killer Instinct definitive edition

I have played the crap out of season 1 and 2 on my best firend XB1. But I pre-ordered the QB bundle so I will finally have my own come April! So I hope they do come out with a retail version that contains all 3 seasons! That would be perfect for me!

Around the Network
Sprash said:

How sucesful like steam machines? I mean that would be pretty big for microsoft to achieve that.

No, more successful by far. Unlike steam, Microsoft actually has a successful hardware brand they can attach to the machine. They wouldn't market as a "microsoft machine" at all. It just would be one. Wouldn't be suprised if it also supported steam, since it easily could.

TheMessiah said:
Not sure I understand any of the logic behind this.
MS this gen have more AAA exclusives than any gen before.
It doesn't matter if MS choose to spend their money on obtaining a studios Ip with their money, or obtaining there own studio with alot more money.

The reality is we have the best Xbox line up we have ever had exclusive wise. IMO MS have better AAA exclusive games than Sony this gen out or coming out in the following genres. FPS, TPS, Cinematic, RTS, sim racing, arcade racing, 2d platformer, Action adventure, Fighting.

Couple with the fact Sony have twice said they are concentrating less on AAA games on more on small indie titles and to be honest I'm far happier as an Xbox gamer than most of my friends that are PS4 gamers. Most of my PS4 friends aren't fans of indie titles either.

"best Xbox line up we have ever had exclusive wise"

You have to be joking or haven't played any Xbox other than the Xbone. Both the original Xbox and 360 had much more and much more diversity in their games lineup. OG Xbox had awesome Japanese support from Sega, Otogi franchise from Fromsoft, Rare despite out of many talent had freedom to make what they wanted, Halo was new, PGR was a thing, MS funded diverse 3rd party deals like Voodoo Vince. 360 continued that until the Kinect came out, it's been downhill since then. They've been mocking Xbox with it but the closure of Lionhead and other studios recently Xbox now really is reduced to the "Forza, Gears, Halo" brand, and it looks like it's starting to lose even those to the PC.

I've bought the previous Xboxes within 2 years of launch and they all amazing games by then but 2 and a half years of Xbone the only reason I come up with to buy one is Sunset Overdrive, all the others so far as I know (minus Halo and Forza Horizon) are on PC or coming to PC. Killer Instinct? Check. Dead Rising 3? Check. Tomb Raider? Check. Quantum Break? Check. Cuphead? Check. The only other game I'm interested on Xbox is Scalebound and that's delayed to next year.

There is a serious lack of exclusives on the console. At least on PS4 even if Sony doesn't make games there's still tons coming out, just in the last 2 months we got: Amplitude, Firewatch, Witness, Digimon Story, and SFV. What did Xb1 have so far? It's been dry since the holiday season until Quantum break and it will be dry until the next holiday season.

TheMessiah said:
potato_hamster said:

It's all a matter of your opinion, and the fact that you seem to openly admit haven't  played any PS4 exclusives means the fact that you find Xbox One's exclusives better is pretty meaningless, isn't it? Like you think that Uncharted 4 will give ROTR, a game coming out on PS4, "a run". That is an understatement, but how can you say that when you will probably never play Uncharted 4?

Also, you seem like the first one I've heard call Forza Horizon 2 an arcade racer. It seems to be almost universally pegged as an simulation racer that's more shallow than Forza 6. Having less features, cars and tracks doesn't make it an arcade racer. But that seems like nitpicking on my behalf.

And if we use current Metacritic scores (we shouldn't, it's just favoring one person's opinion over another), SFV is ahead of Killer Instinct, and I haven't bothered to look the others. But I do know that there are 204 PS4 games with a metacritic of 75 and above, compared to X1's 128, so I would strongly suggest against using that argument. At least on the surface it appears that there are almost double the number of "great games" on PS4 based on sheer metacritic numbers, which frankly shouldn't hold much weight in people's minds. Metacritic is overrated.

But to counter your point, it seems difficult to argue that X1 is doing "better than ever before" when the Halo series has taken a nosedive in terms of quality and sales, when Gears Of War is a shadow of its former self, and Forza games now appear to be coming out at a faster rate than Assassin's Creed games. Those have been the big 3 of MS for a long, long time, and nothing has risen up to take the mantle where those have faltered. There's hope for Quantum Break, there's Hope for Crackdown 3, but frankly those games could be just as huge of duds as The Order or Knack was for PS4.

Xbox is in a state of flux with no definitive direction going forward. It has to be nervous times for those Xbox fans out there. Hopefully MS can sort its self out and remain competitive, for gaming's sake.

Usually people compare games against games. Not games against expansions. It would be more relevant to compare KI season 2 to The Walking Dead season 2 or maybe Better Call Saul season 2.... cause SFV doesnt have a season2. 

Also KI Season 2 has reviews from only 6 sites. Killer Instinct base game has 51 reviews, that is more comparable to the 71 reviews of Street Fighter V. 

I also consider the 4 reviews in the 50's, troll reviews for the quality of the game also. 

Know Xbox is going through a hard time but try to keep things fair in the comparisons.

spemanig said:
Sprash said:

How sucesful like steam machines? I mean that would be pretty big for microsoft to achieve that.

No, more successful by far. Unlike steam, Microsoft actually has a successful hardware brand they can attach to the machine. They wouldn't market as a "microsoft machine" at all. It just would be one. Wouldn't be suprised if it also supported steam, since it easily could.

You actually don't know this. Microsoft could make their own version of the xbox, or they could certify third party manufacturers as being "xbox certified" which means all the hardware is supported for xbox games. They might literally follow the exact same model Steam followed, which would make far more sense if they're trying to make their console more like a PC.

Turkish said:
TheMessiah said:
Not sure I understand any of the logic behind this.
MS this gen have more AAA exclusives than any gen before.
It doesn't matter if MS choose to spend their money on obtaining a studios Ip with their money, or obtaining there own studio with alot more money.

The reality is we have the best Xbox line up we have ever had exclusive wise. IMO MS have better AAA exclusive games than Sony this gen out or coming out in the following genres. FPS, TPS, Cinematic, RTS, sim racing, arcade racing, 2d platformer, Action adventure, Fighting.

Couple with the fact Sony have twice said they are concentrating less on AAA games on more on small indie titles and to be honest I'm far happier as an Xbox gamer than most of my friends that are PS4 gamers. Most of my PS4 friends aren't fans of indie titles either.

"best Xbox line up we have ever had exclusive wise"

You have to be joking or haven't played any Xbox other than the Xbone. Both the original Xbox and 360 had much more and much more diversity in their games lineup. OG Xbox had awesome Japanese support from Sega, Otogi franchise from Fromsoft, Rare despite out of many talent had freedom to make what they wanted, Halo was new, PGR was a thing, MS funded diverse 3rd party deals like Voodoo Vince. 360 continued that until the Kinect came out, it's been downhill since then. They've been mocking Xbox with it but the closure of Lionhead and other studios recently Xbox now really is reduced to the "Forza, Gears, Halo" brand, and it looks like it's starting to lose even those to the PC.

I've bought the previous Xboxes within 2 years of launch and they all amazing games by then but 2 and a half years of Xbone the only reason I come up with to buy one is Sunset Overdrive, all the others so far as I know (minus Halo and Forza Horizon) are on PC or coming to PC. Killer Instinct? Check. Dead Rising 3? Check. Tomb Raider? Check. Quantum Break? Check. Cuphead? Check. The only other game I'm interested on Xbox is Scalebound and that's delayed to next year.

There is a serious lack of exclusives on the console. At least on PS4 even if Sony doesn't make games there's still tons coming out, just in the last 2 months we got: Amplitude, Firewatch, Witness, Digimon Story, and SFV. What did Xb1 have so far? It's been dry since the holiday season until Quantum break and it will be dry until the next holiday season.

am referring to its first 2 years. I have found more good exclusives in a wider variety of genres. I can understand there are some who have a gaming pc. And thats fine. I can only go off personal experience. I personally don't know anyone that has a Ps4 or Xbox one who has a gaming pc. Whereas on the internet I cannot possibly know if someone is just saying it for list wars reasons or not. Not to say your lying at all. Its just the reality of the world. I know a couple of PC gamers but they have just played wow for the last 10 years.