By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm worried for the future Xbox...

Are you worried about the future of Xbox?

Yes. Their vision is bein... 320 68.52%

No. Phil knows what he's doing. 73 15.63%

PHIL IS A GOD! PRAISE UPO... 19 4.07%

Console peasants just mak... 55 11.78%

Total:467
Bryank75 said:
TheMessiah said:

Xbox has a direction. It plays games. and good ones at that. The only thing we don't know is any elaboration on upgradeable future of Xbox. That's it. what else is there? So some studios closed during the highest money investment in MS own Ip period. I'm sure E3 will show us what we have to look forward to. We already know we have a great year AAA exclusive wise this year.

I never said I haven't played PS4. And I also owned a PS3 last gen. I have played Uncharted among others. I preferred the game play and adventure of Tomb Raider 2013 over all Uncharted on PS3.

Again that's all opinion.

I can assure you, Forza Horizon 2 is not remotely a sim racer. not even close. Forza 6 is simulation. Horizon 2 is a bumper car arcade fest on multi surfaces racing at 200 mph where its impossible to in real life. FH2 is 100% arcade. Killer Instinct season 2 is 85 meta. Street Fighter 5 77.

Usually people compare games against games. Not games against expansions. It would be more relevant to compare KI season 2 to The Walking Dead season 2 or maybe Better Call Saul season 2.... cause SFV doesnt have a season2. 

Also KI Season 2 has reviews from only 6 sites. Killer Instinct base game has 51 reviews, that is more comparable to the 71 reviews of Street Fighter V. 

I also consider the 4 reviews in the 50's, troll reviews for the quality of the game also. 

Know Xbox is going through a hard time but try to keep things fair in the comparisons.

Killer Instinct is 1 game. It was known before launch it would release in parts. Hence the price reflecting that. I did say currently. And currently Killer Instinct is season 1 and 2. 3 completes the game. Full roster and modes.

Based on current market, Killer Instinct is perceived to be the better fighting package. Season 2 also added its enhancements to season 1. Its not an expansion in the sense Forza 6 Porches career is.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:

You actually don't know this. Microsoft could make their own version of the xbox, or they could certify third party manufacturers as being "xbox certified" which means all the hardware is supported for xbox games. They might literally follow the exact same model Steam followed, which would make far more sense if they're trying to make their console more like a PC.

I don't know anything. But I am adament that they wouldn't build the framework for a more closed PC platform, integrate that with their existing closed hardware playform, only to allow other manufacturers to do something that is counter intuitive to a closed platform.

So no, I don't know this. But I have enough faith in my ability to use common sense and deductive reasoning to guess be pretty sure they won't at all do what Steam did.

spemanig said:
potato_hamster said:

You actually don't know this. Microsoft could make their own version of the xbox, or they could certify third party manufacturers as being "xbox certified" which means all the hardware is supported for xbox games. They might literally follow the exact same model Steam followed, which would make far more sense if they're trying to make their console more like a PC.

I don't know anything. But I am adament that they wouldn't build the framework for a more closed PC platform, integrate that with their existing closed hardware playform, only to allow other manufacturers to do something that is counter intuitive to a closed platform.

So no, I don't know this. But I have enough faith in my ability to use common sense and deductive reasoning to guess be pretty sure they won't at all do what Steam did.

It could still be a closed platform, they would just be off-loading the responsibility of creating multiple configurations. If you want a more-open console that can have multiple hardware configurations, what exactly is the downside to allowing third parties to create their own versions, especially when you're advertising that the operating system of the Xbox is Windows 10, especially if you want to hammer home the concept that this is a "more open xbox"?

TheMessiah said:
Bryank75 said:

Usually people compare games against games. Not games against expansions. It would be more relevant to compare KI season 2 to The Walking Dead season 2 or maybe Better Call Saul season 2.... cause SFV doesnt have a season2. 

Also KI Season 2 has reviews from only 6 sites. Killer Instinct base game has 51 reviews, that is more comparable to the 71 reviews of Street Fighter V. 

I also consider the 4 reviews in the 50's, troll reviews for the quality of the game also. 

Know Xbox is going through a hard time but try to keep things fair in the comparisons.

Killer Instinct is 1 game. It was known before launch it would release in parts. Hence the price reflecting that. I did say currently. And currently Killer Instinct is season 1 and 2. 3 completes the game. Full roster and modes.

Based on current market, Killer Instinct is perceived to be the better fighting package. Season 2 also added its enhancements to season 1. Its not an expansion in the sense Forza 6 Porches career is.

Never the less, it has 6 reviews compared to well over 50 for the other 2. 5 of the reviews are from much lesser known websites and the last is from official xbox magazine (that is the one I would take most seriously). That says it all right there! 

APPLES and ORANGES.

Besides if anyone is a serious competitor, it is as simple asyou play Street Fighter. No one in the wider FGC takes Killer Instinct seriously. It just isn't as established or important. I have fond memories of the snes game and I am not saying it is a bad game, it just isn't that relevant. 

Bryank75 said:
TheMessiah said:

Never the less, it has 6 reviews compared to well over 50 for the other 2. 5 of the reviews are from much lesser known websites and the last is from official xbox magazine (that is the one I would take most seriously). That says it all right there! 

APPLES and ORANGES.

Besides if anyone is a serious competitor, it is as simple asyou play Street Fighter. No one in the wider FGC takes Killer Instinct seriously. It just isn't as established or important. I have fond memories of the snes game and I am not saying it is a bad game, it just isn't that relevant. 

TheMessiah will stick to that narrative because it makes Xbox look good. It's what he does. If the shoe was on the other foot, and SFV was released in parts, part 2 had a higher rating than part 1, and an Killer Instinct was just released with a higher score in than part 1 but lower than part 2, he'd be making your argument against the situation for you.

You're wasting your time.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Bryank75 said:

APPLES and ORANGES.

TheMessiah will stick to that narrative because it makes Xbox look good. It's what he does. If the shoe was on the other foot, and SFV was released in parts, part 2 had a higher rating than part 1, and an Killer Instinct was just released with a higher score in than part 1 but lower than part 2, he'd be making your argument against the situation for you.

You're wasting your time.

Yeah, I know the type. Thanks!

I'm always worried. I've been worried since the original box. Worried that there will be a future.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

A legend is once again born in Vgchartz. This is why I love this Forum.

potato_hamster said:

It could still be a closed platform, they would just be off-loading the responsibility of creating multiple configurations. If you want a more-open console that can have multiple hardware configurations, what exactly is the downside to allowing third parties to create their own versions, especially when you're advertising that the operating system of the Xbox is Windows 10, especially if you want to hammer home the concept that this is a "more open xbox"?

You clearly don't know what a closed platform is. A closed platform means that Microsoft is the only contributing factor to their hardware and firmware. They don't want to hammer home that its a more open Xbox. It's not.

vivster said:
I'm always worried. I've been worried since the original box. Worried that there will be a future.

Og xbox was great Xbox 360 was overall great, Xbox one is selling well but where its headed is your fridge and its gonna eat it leave a mess and leave the door open!