Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Metroid Thread - Samus is back!

Tagged games:

Would you mind if Prime 4 has more casual friendly elements?

Yes, it'd help open up th... 1 1.72%

No, it'd hurt the core gameplay. 0 0.00%

Undecided/See results 0 0.00%

Total:1

Metroid 2 by far.

Every time I try to play Metroid 1, I can sort of stand the repetitive, samey rooms enough for a bit, then I die once, get my health down to 30 no matter the amount of energy tanks I have and I just go play something else. Maybe replay Zero Mission, in the time I get my stuff back to optimal levels in the NES game and pray that I don't die again, I could be in Chozodia already.

Metroid 2 has issues, but is not the sheer tedium of the first game.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

So what's better, Metroid 1 on the NES or Metroid 2 on the Gameboy?

Just do yourself a favor and play the remakes :P

Kind of depressing that apparently there wasn’t anything Metroid to talk about since 2017 until someone three years later asks which 1980s game is better than the other.

At the question though, probably 2, haven’t played it (only Samus Returns on 3DS) but I doubt it’s even more cryptic than the first.

S.Peelman said:

Kind of depressing that apparently there wasn’t anything Metroid to talk about since 2017 until someone three years later asks which 1980s game is better than the other.

At the question though, probably 2, haven’t played it (only Samus Returns on 3DS) but I doubt it’s even more cryptic than the first.

Well, this thread died out (my fault for not maintaining it lol), but if people want to bring it back, I'd be happy to! ^^

Proxy-Pie said:
S.Peelman said:

Well, this thread died out (my fault for not maintaining it lol), but if people want to bring it back, I'd be happy to! ^^

Probably a good time to bring it back since it seems likely we will get one of the following this year:

Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster/remake (Very likely)

Metroid 5 (possible)

Metroid Prime 4 (unlikely)

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Proxy-Pie said:

Probably a good time to bring it back since it seems likely we will get one of the following this year:

Metroid 5 (possible)

Metroid Prime 4 is announced. Metroid 5 is not. Explain your logic.

Xxain said:
Dulfite said:

Metroid 5 (possible)

I assume he's referencing the Paper Mario rumor that also mentioned a new 2D Metroid.

Xxain said:
Dulfite said:

Metroid 5 (possible)

MP 4 is a huge budget game and restarted development under a new studio.

Metroid 5 is a 2-d side scroller that could be made by a 10 man crew in some dude's mom's basement.

Dulfite said:

Metroid 5 (possible)

"Likely" just some near-insane optimism on your part, I think.

That said, it's always a good time to talk about Metroid, so let's do keep this around, shall we?

mZuzek said:
Dulfite said:

Metroid 5 (possible)

"Likely" just some near-insane optimism on your part, I think.

That said, it's always a good time to talk about Metroid, so let's do keep this around, shall we?

Really? You think it's "near-insane optimism" to think we will get just one of those like I said? Certainly all three seems insane, but just one?

Seems a better dramatic to call it that.