Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Metroid Thread - Samus is back!

How would you rate Samus Returns out of 10?

1 0 0.00%

2 0 0.00%

3 0 0.00%

4 0 0.00%

5 0 0.00%

6 0 0.00%

7 2 3.92%

8 11 21.57%

9 19 37.25%

10 19 37.25%

Total:51

I hope it sells very well. I do not own any current nintendo systems, but Metroid was always one of my favorites. Prime was an amazing FPS. The whole trilogy is pretty good honestly, and I even enjoyed Hunters a bit. Hopefully Prime 4 will step up into something bigger than the past Primes as 2 and 3 followed a similar formula (great formula, but I think now the Prime series deserves innovation in one way or another). If it's a dedicated jump for the franchise I might just pick up a switch for it. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm four hours into Samus returns and am liking it very much. On of the best 3D use on the 3DS. I hope this games really sells because i don't want Nintendo to put Metroid in the freezer.

Do we have any sales on Metroid: Samus returns?

If 2D Metroid doesn't sell between 500K and 1M on the userbase of the 3DS, that wil be a problem. Metroid 2D might get hit by a freeze ray at that point.

It debuted at #8 in the UK and at #3 (with 30k) in Japan, as far as I know that's all we have so far. Yeah sales aren't looking the brightest, but I think that was to be expected given how little effort Nintendo put into hyping this and with it being a 3DS release this late in its life and all. Still, I assume at least 500k should be guaranteed at this point, the real question is if it can get to that 1m mark.

Nintendo could still be happy with at least 500k since actual promotion and production cost could not be very high. Let's hope for more.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Everybody's saying Samus Returns is great, and I've been trying my best to not watch any reviews or videos while I wait for the game to ship. It's agonizing. I haven't been properly hyped for a game in so long!

Yay! Finally got it today. Play Asia included a (huge) Metroid shirt along with it, which was nice.

Whoa, that looks cool. Congrats on your purchase, and get ready because the game is awesome! (...) Now, time to paste my post from the other thread...

Hey, I forgot to post this here earlier, but, better late than never - me and some friends are having a Metroid marathon and we'll be playing through every game in the series. There's a (very Brazilian) stream going on, so if you guys wanna check it out, here goes:

twitch.tv/ninfusionbr

We just finished our first day, where we played Metroid (52m), Prime (4h29m), Prime Hunters (5h something) and Prime 2 (8h18m). I played through Prime 1 and was involved with Prime 2 as well, so obviously I'm tired as hell and going to sleep, but the others are keeping it going with more games (AM2R right now). The games each day I think are:

Day 2 - AM2R, Metroid II, Other M, Pinball, Federation Force and Prime 3

Day 3 - Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super and Fusion

So, yeah. I'm going to sleep, check it out if you want to, don't if you don't care (but that'd make me sad and have bad dreams ).