By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Metroid Thread - Samus is back!

Tagged games:

Would you mind if Prime 4 has more casual friendly elements?

Yes, it'd help open up th... 1 1.64%

No, it'd hurt the core gameplay. 3 4.92%

Undecided/See results 0 0%

Total:4

I hope it sells very well. I do not own any current nintendo systems, but Metroid was always one of my favorites. Prime was an amazing FPS. The whole trilogy is pretty good honestly, and I even enjoyed Hunters a bit. Hopefully Prime 4 will step up into something bigger than the past Primes as 2 and 3 followed a similar formula (great formula, but I think now the Prime series deserves innovation in one way or another). If it's a dedicated jump for the franchise I might just pick up a switch for it. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm four hours into Samus returns and am liking it very much. On of the best 3D use on the 3DS. I hope this games really sells because i don't want Nintendo to put Metroid in the freezer.

Do we have any sales on Metroid: Samus returns?

If 2D Metroid doesn't sell between 500K and 1M on the userbase of the 3DS, that wil be a problem. Metroid 2D might get hit by a freeze ray at that point.

It debuted at #8 in the UK and at #3 (with 30k) in Japan, as far as I know that's all we have so far. Yeah sales aren't looking the brightest, but I think that was to be expected given how little effort Nintendo put into hyping this and with it being a 3DS release this late in its life and all. Still, I assume at least 500k should be guaranteed at this point, the real question is if it can get to that 1m mark.

Nintendo could still be happy with at least 500k since actual promotion and production cost could not be very high. Let's hope for more.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Everybody's saying Samus Returns is great, and I've been trying my best to not watch any reviews or videos while I wait for the game to ship. It's agonizing. I haven't been properly hyped for a game in so long!

Yay! Finally got it today. Play Asia included a (huge) Metroid shirt along with it, which was nice.

So what's better, Metroid 1 on the NES or Metroid 2 on the Gameboy?

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Have not played anyone of those.

But have played Zero Mission and Samus Returns.

I give it to Samus Returns.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

GoOnKid said:

I prefer Metroid 1. IMO, Metroid 2 was a step back for the series in some sort because of Gameboy hardware limitations.

Metroid 1 on NES hands down. It is an amazing game, despite not having a few of the quality of life improvements that were introduced in Super Metroid. The setting, progression, variety of enemies, and overall mood elevate Metroid NES not only above Metroid 2 on the Gameboy, but above almost all of the NES library. I have yet to play Samus Returns on the 3DS as I'm still holding out hope to be able replay this game on the Switch, but once the next round of Metroid releases are detailed I'll take a hard look at borrowing a 3DS to get my fix if it isn't included.

Metroid 2 by far.

Every time I try to play Metroid 1, I can sort of stand the repetitive, samey rooms enough for a bit, then I die once, get my health down to 30 no matter the amount of energy tanks I have and I just go play something else. Maybe replay Zero Mission, in the time I get my stuff back to optimal levels in the NES game and pray that I don't die again, I could be in Chozodia already.

Metroid 2 has issues, but is not the sheer tedium of the first game.

GoOnKid said:

Just do yourself a favor and play the remakes :P