By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fast Racing Neo Screenshots / The Future Is Fast

Ali_16x said:

So this will probably come to PS4 right? I remember their previous game that was a Wii U exclusive that came to PS4. Unless I'm getting the developers wrong. Looks great, very Wipeout like.

They have ported one of their games to PS4. I assume it's a test, so if Nano Assault sells well on PS4, also Art of Balance, their Tennis Game and this will be eventually ported. So if you want these games on PS4 buy Nano Assault.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Ali_16x said:

So this will probably come to PS4 right? I remember their previous game that was a Wii U exclusive that came to PS4. Unless I'm getting the developers wrong. Looks great, very Wipeout like.

They have ported one of their games to PS4. I assume it's a test, so if Nano Assault sells well on PS4, also Art of Balance, their Tennis Game and this will be eventually ported. So if you want these games on PS4 buy Nano Assault.

just watched a video... at first... this game is very arcade like... looks retro and very pretty (something easy to do with a smaller type game).

Then the time pause and the visual showing the exits, pop up and I think, thats a smart way to do things, it seems implimented very well.

Then it hits me.... your actually a small nano robot (hense the name) fighting off bateria inside/ontop of cells, inside a human body.

*mind blown gif here*

I hope they bring Art of Balance, over to the PS4 along with Fast Raceing Neo.

I cant see both of those doing well on the ps4.

Mnementh said:

As you can see in this thread another poster already asked and they claimed this is output of the game-engine, only that in the final game it will be 720p to keep 60fps. So that's what changing (except you say they're lying). We saw similar stuff from them before, as Rol also in this thread already wrote the previous FAST also already used a lot of motion blur and other stuff. These "manual" processes probably are simply effects they use ingame, because they like them. But maybe you're right and they don't apply a lot of filters in their render output and lie to people that ask them per mail. Whatever.

You can simply stand by doctored, as the resolution in the final game will be reduced to these screenshots, as they say.

There's a middle ground; maybe the manual processes in place here are there to approximate effects like motion blur that may not be finalized yet in the actual build. It's a work in progress remember, not due out til the end of the year.

RolStoppable said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Why only the Wii U???

Because the PS4 and X1 have a different architecture. Blame Sony and Microsoft for doing their own thing.

I can't help but feel like we will experience more of this relativity in the future.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Is there some people who played the first Fast Racing ? I want to know if it plays more like a F-Zero than a WipeOut.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
Is there some people who played the first Fast Racing ? I want to know if it plays more like a F-Zero than a WipeOut.

Gameplay wise, I would guess its more of a fusion of both games. 

Goodnightmoon said:

OMG! Is this real? Is the WiiU going to run that!!?

It looks amazing!

It's Shin'en I expected no less. And they have delivered in full if they hit their 60fps target!

Really stoked for this.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

This look awesome. I'd have to be crazy not to buy Fast Racing NEO and support Shin'en!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Someone is finally 'picking up the slack' of F-Zero and Wipeout since Nintendo refuses to make a new one?

Game Boy  master race

Edwardooo said:

The handling feels about halfway between the tightness of F Zero and the floatiness of WipeOut.

It doesn't have weapons, so it's more like F Zero in that respect.

What makes it stand out from both though is its phase shifting mechanic. You can change your ship between two phases; if you drive over a strip of the matching phase you get a boost, a jump of the same phase will propel you skywards, or a ceiling of the same phase will let you stick to the roof to drive over obstacles. If you're in the wrong phase though, you'll be slowed down, and shifting phase costs you energy, which you replenish by collecting energy spheres scattered around the track. You can also spend some of your energy to get a speed boost at any time, provided you have enough energy.