By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fast Racing Neo Screenshots / The Future Is Fast

RolStoppable said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Why only the Wii U???

Because the PS4 and X1 have a different architecture. Blame Sony and Microsoft for doing their own thing.

That made me laugh. xD

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Mnementh said:

What make you think they're doctored? Shinen is known to squeeze good visuals out of the available hardware and it doesn't seem unrealistic (not PS4-level for instance). Also as far as I know Shinen also isn't known for doctored images beforehand. I might be wrong though so I need your indications.

Fullscreen per pixel motion blur, or at least, what it tries to pass off as FSPPMB but is actually photo manip, same goes for the per object blur, crudely cut and applied to segments of the image.

The AA applied for the vehicles, especially in the first image, is TOO high, almost blurry, yet segments of the same vehicle show jagged edge, a jagged edge that suggests the AA on show is actually just smudge tool in photoshop applied after render output, the blurryness of textures as they reach geometrical edges lends hand to this theory too.

Then theres the portions of road under the main vehicle, close to its geometry that the motion blur filter applied to the rendered image missed, because its the edge of a crop and thus has no data to process a motion blur with.

In short, theyre bullshots, not because they look "too good" mind, but because the poor application of these manual processes gives it away.

First time I seen you back, so welcome back!

Regarding Nintendo buying Shin'en, the guys have gone on record saying they want to stay independent because they like having the freedom to do what they want.

And really, for the kinds of games they want to make (basically modern, polished versions of the kinds of games popular during the 5th gen, like F-Zero/Wipeout, Banjo Kazooie/Spyro, etc) they don't really need the backing of a major publisher.

RolStoppable said:
Why are people acting like this is something special? The first FAST had an overabundance of motion blur and it looks like the sequel is going to suffer from the same problem.

A) Because I got more replay value out of its predecessor FAST Racing League, a $10 Wiiware game, than I did out of most $100 retail games.

B) Because I freaking miss F-Zero and this is at least similar enough to scratch the itch.

C) Because as you so accurately once observed, I am obsessed with flashy grafix. ;)

Gotta go fast, and look pretty Damn awesome at the same time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

So this will probably come to PS4 right? I remember their previous game that was a Wii U exclusive that came to PS4. Unless I'm getting the developers wrong. Looks great, very Wipeout like.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:

So this will probably come to PS4 right? I remember their previous game that was a Wii U exclusive that came to PS4. Unless I'm getting the developers wrong. Looks great, very Wipeout like.

The previous one was Art of Balance, and no, is not on PS4.

Of all the games they made there is only one on that is not a Nintendo exclusive, Nano assault neo, and that game came to ps4 like 1 or 2 years later.

This game could make its way into the ps4, but there is no evidence and it will be probably a year later.

Ali_16x said:

It's a possibility, but by no means a certainty.

They did port their Wii U launch title Nano Assault Neo to PS4, but that wasn't until 2 years after its Wii U release, and when asked recently if FAST was still exclusive to Wii U, they said yes: 

This just makes me want a new F-Zero. Damn you, Nintendo. F-Zero GX was one of the greatest racing games I've ever played.

Tachikoma said:
Mnementh said:

What make you think they're doctored? Shinen is known to squeeze good visuals out of the available hardware and it doesn't seem unrealistic (not PS4-level for instance). Also as far as I know Shinen also isn't known for doctored images beforehand. I might be wrong though so I need your indications.

Fullscreen per pixel motion blur, or at least, what it tries to pass off as FSPPMB but is actually photo manip, same goes for the per object blur, crudely cut and applied to segments of the image.

The AA applied for the vehicles, especially in the first image, is TOO high, almost blurry, yet segments of the same vehicle show jagged edge, a jagged edge that suggests the AA on show is actually just smudge tool in photoshop applied after render output, the blurryness of textures as they reach geometrical edges lends hand to this theory too.

Then theres the portions of road under the main vehicle, close to its geometry that the motion blur filter applied to the rendered image missed, because its the edge of a crop and thus has no data to process a motion blur with.

In short, theyre bullshots, not because they look "too good" mind, but because the poor application of these manual processes gives it away.

As you can see in this thread another poster already asked and they claimed this is output of the game-engine, only that in the final game it will be 720p to keep 60fps. So that's what changing (except you say they're lying). We saw similar stuff from them before, as Rol also in this thread already wrote the previous FAST also already used a lot of motion blur and other stuff. These "manual" processes probably are simply effects they use ingame, because they like them. But maybe you're right and they don't apply a lot of filters in their render output and lie to people that ask them per mail. Whatever.

You can simply stand by doctored, as the resolution in the final game will be reduced to these screenshots, as they say.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]