By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

I keep giving this series chances when I haven't loved a game since the 2nd entry. 3 irritated me for reasons I can't really put my finger on and I only made it like 15 hours into 4.

Still.... I'll be there day 1 for this ;)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I keep giving this series chances when I haven't loved a game since the 2nd entry. 3 irritated me for reasons I can't really put my finger on and I only made it like 15 hours into 4.

Still.... I'll be there day 1 for this ;)

You are like me with a lot of JRPG series, namely Final Fantasy these days. 

Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:

Star Ocean games or mostly every jrpg games (that became mainstream on the west) has a strong connection to PS fans. i bet you were not really active in gaming forum back then when FF 13 announced for Xbox 360. It was a sad day for PS fans back then.

It wasn't a sad day because no one lost anything.

Except for all the content cut and shortcuts taken to produce a very late port and get the two versions running simiarlily. >_>

Should be easy to understand that the less platforms a game is on, the more time a team can focus on improving the actual game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Materia-Blade said:

It wasn't a sad day because no one lost anything.

Except for all the content cut and shortcuts taken to produce a very late port and get the two versions running simiarlily. >_>

Should be easy to understand that the less platforms a game is on, the more time a team can focus on improving the actual game.

I would agree, but the XboxOne and PS4 are very very similar and they are both PC like machines. Xbox360 and PS3 were different.

tag

Around the Network

Never played the 4th one. The 3rd one was pretty good even though I never beat it. Would rather have another Infinite Undiscovery game.

Wagram said:
S04 did well on 360 because they forced people like me into buying the machine to play it. Had they not held the release hostage on PS3 for several years the scenario would have been different.

Lol no one forced you. 

OVerall this game shuld be on the xbox oe as well. People complain that jrpgs don't sell as well on microsoft cosoles but alot of japanese devs aren't taking the time to invest in making an audience on other platforms besides the safe bet. Star ocean sold nice on the 360 because there is an audience for those types of games on Microsoft systems. I mean tre relasing the big budget ones on xbox one and not the smallr ones that would require less work porting, wtf lol. 

For a person with my username, I should probably be more excited XD I've only really played part of the first one and Till the End of Time. I'll probably buy the others soon.

Cautiously excited. Maybe. I dunno. Those pictures look pretty good.

I enjoyed the first 3 iterations of the series but thought 4 to be among the worst games I'd ever invested time into. Truly awful. Here's to hoping something more akin to its earlier titles.

Mad55 said:
Wagram said:
S04 did well on 360 because they forced people like me into buying the machine to play it. Had they not held the release hostage on PS3 for several years the scenario would have been different.

Lol no one forced you. 

OVerall this game shuld be on the xbox oe as well. People complain that jrpgs don't sell as well on microsoft cosoles but alot of japanese devs aren't taking the time to invest in making an audience on other platforms besides the safe bet. Star ocean sold nice on the 360 because there is an audience for those types of games on Microsoft systems. I mean tre relasing the big budget ones on xbox one and not the smallr ones that would require less work porting, wtf lol. 

Which at the time, came from the PS2. (Imo)