By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Playstation is like Sony's right arm (left, if you are left-handed). You are saying Sony's going to sell their right arm? This feels like a rickroll post.

Around the Network

The real problem with this idea is "who would buy it?"

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

fory77 said:
My sig won't be able to take all of these Sony predictions soon.

Turkish prediction might come true.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Short term? No..

Long term? Possible

Sony has one huge problem, to make profits they have to depend on third party.

See for example this graph:

This graph lists the operating profit and/or loss for Sony's gaming division and Nintendo for each year since 1995.

Take the period 95-04 where the playstation consoles (PSOne/PS2) sold more than 200 million combined but the profit margin is still not that high even lower than Nintendo that with N64 and GC had two consoles that sold less than 60 million combined.

If we would cut the third party software sales profits Sony would have lost a ton of money with PS one and PS2 even with all those hardware/memorycard/controller sales because the investments are so high.

For the near future it looks all good but will Nintendo and MS keep screwing up? Will PS NOW and Morpheus be a succes? Will the Steam console be nothing more than a fad? 

Edit:  No I am not a double account made by Kowenicki! The Xbox division can also be in huge trouble! 

Can happen... but i think after PS5 released.

Around the Network

Selling one of their most profitable divisions would be a bad business decision.

Mnementh said:
fory77 said:
My sig won't be able to take all of these Sony predictions soon.

Turkish prediction might come true.

Hopefully! The Atari logo needs more space!

WOW!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I hope so

Ka-pi96 said:
Sony won't sell PlayStation. Ever.

Sony IS PlayStation.

Their best parts right now are financial services, music, movies and PlayStation.
Considering the PlayStation is also a platform for selling those music and movies it is one of the most important parts of their business.

It's actually finacial services, music, cameras, image sensors (just about every high end phone has a sony camera sensor), home audio appliances, and playstations. Sony Pictures is a spun off brand meaning Sony still owns it but the money it makes stay in the Sony Pictures brand and doesn't affect Sony Corporation at all.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3