By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Even Patcher is laughing at this.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:

Sony has been set on a path intent on increasing the value of the Playstation brand. Aside from creating services such as PS Now and PS Vue, the rebranding of old services such as Music unlimited and others with a new name including the PS brand, Sony wants to drive up the price as much as possible. Fattening the pig before the slaughter, so to speak. Seeing as how, despite its "success", it doesn't bring much in the way of profit to the company, they'll sell it when the price is right to fill some of their financial holes and pursue the few more profitable avenues they have instead of PS.

right now Sony IS playstation.

fory77 said:
Mnementh said:
fory77 said:
My sig won't be able to take all of these Sony predictions soon.

Turkish prediction might come true.

Hopefully! The Atari logo needs more space!

Thanks for putting it there. That way we won't forget this. unless you remove it at some point

Obviously this will never happen, Plastation is one of Sony's main money maker, it would make more sense to sell everything but Plasyattion and just be a gaming company. But with that out of the way I'm now curious what do you think Playstation is worth to Sony? 5 billion, 10 billion???

Mnementh said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Sony has been set on a path intent on increasing the value of the Playstation brand. Aside from creating services such as PS Now and PS Vue, the rebranding of old services such as Music unlimited and others with a new name including the PS brand, Sony wants to drive up the price as much as possible. Fattening the pig before the slaughter, so to speak. Seeing as how, despite its "success", it doesn't bring much in the way of profit to the company, they'll sell it when the price is right to fill some of their financial holes and pursue the few more profitable avenues they have instead of PS.

Is this a joke-thread? Playstation is their most profitable part. Why should they sell it?

It's not... It's one of them but they make more money off of Finacial Services and Image Sensors. You do realize Sony is one of the largest semi conductor manufactures on the planet right.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:

Thanks for putting it there. That way we won't forget this. unless you remove it at some point

I swear, on ioi's grave, never, ever to remove people's Sony predictions (unless they were right/wrong) from my signature!

Sony wouldn't sell one of the only divisions generating profit for them. That's a really strange prediction.

I'm going to disagree with the prediction at least in the short term... I doubt they'll sell something that is generating profit for them. Down the road, you honestly never know. This thread though is interesting though...

"Sony is PlayStation" and "It's their most profitable thing" are completely wrong... but okay.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

iTzCharlie said:
I hope so

Oh you. :D

Roronaa_chan said:

Facepalm. You're assuming Playstation doesnt and wont bring in more money in the future, even with things like mandatory PS+ for online and PS Now which are obviously aimed at broadening their market and increasing profit. You're assuming there will be financial holes left to fill in 5-6 years time, even knowing Kaz has nearly closed all the financial holes in the past 2-3 years.

Do you even research bruh.