By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Quite the opposite imo. If anything happen it will be more be Sony becoming ONLY Playstation (and statellite stuff) :)

Around the Network
Ultr said:
wha....I mean...what..erm...waaa. I don't even... what?

Lol, even your avatar is facepalming

OT: It's not going to happen. Playstation may not be Sony's most profitable division, but it still plays a major role.

im pretty sure they plan to splitt the company. thats a good way to increase the shareholder value.

fory77 said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Thanks for putting it there. That way we won't forget this. unless you remove it at some point

I swear, on ioi's grave, never, ever to remove people's Sony predictions (unless they were right/wrong) from my signature!

That explains why VGC numbers haven't been updated in a while

Agree, very smart to get rid of one of the few division that makes profit.

Around the Network
etking said:
Sony will not sell the Playstation devision but Sony will sell the rest of Sony. And in my opinion, a merger with Nintendo could be happening one day.

Sell the rest of Sony, only to merge with Ninty?  That literally makes no sense.  The idea of selling Playstation to re focus on what made Sony pre-PS era (what Samsung is now) makes far more sense than what you suggest lol.

Sony will sell PS brand, IP and the resource if the world come to it's end.

Yeah, this doesn`t seem like a good prediction. PS brand has done so much for Sony, and seeing how many new things they are making under the brand, I don`t see it going anywhere, especially with the PS4 selling liek wild fire.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Microsoft would sell Xbox before sony sell playstation.

Playstation may not be the most profitable division of Sony but its certainly its most recognizable. So I don't see this happening.

Their Mobile division on the other hand is a totally different story.