By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Ouroboros24 said:
Alright, I'm tired of all you conformist. Instead of mocking and ridiculing the OP, why don't you be constructive and come up with a situation where that instance of Sony selling PS is a viable option.

For instance, Microsoft creates a mind control formula, which they use to control the heads of Sony into selling it to Microsoft. Or perhaps the whole head of Sony is replaced by aliens.

Think of something. The OP is like 0 to 100 right now.

It's a known fact that Sony's other departments are failing because the shareholders are editing the books and stealing money from their own company for meth and very very expensive hookers. It's only a matter of time before these departments fail and eventually you've gotta believe that the Playstaion department will either have to give up it's profits to suit their needs or be sold off for a nice amount because meth and hookers are very very important.

Around the Network
DexInDaJungle said:
Ouroboros24 said:
Alright, I'm tired of all you conformist. Instead of mocking and ridiculing the OP, why don't you be constructive and come up with a situation where that instance of Sony selling PS is a viable option.

For instance, Microsoft creates a mind control formula, which they use to control the heads of Sony into selling it to Microsoft. Or perhaps the whole head of Sony is replaced by aliens.

Think of something. The OP is like 0 to 100 right now.

It's a known fact that Sony's other departments are failing because the shareholders are editing the books and stealing money from their own company for meth and very very expensive hookers. It's only a matter of time before these departments fail and eventually you've gotta believe that the Playstaion department will either have to give up it's profits to suit their needs or be sold off for a nice amount because meth and hookers are very very important.

Now you're getting it.  2-100 OP. 

Quick question: What divisions does Sony have left besides the PlayStation one?

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Quick question: What divisions does Sony have left besides the PlayStation one?

That's already been answered in the thread..and also mentioned how they're actually more important than PS even though gamers don't realize it.

Cloudman said:
generic-user-1 said:
Cloudman said:
generic-user-1 said:

well, they split up the company. that would mean we coul have sony entertainment and sony hardware or what ever as 2 company.

sounds stupid, but its normal, happens alot.  kraft foods and mondelez is such a case.

some sony share holders want too split sony for a long time.

That wouldn`t necessarily be selling the brand, would it?

we would get a PS company.

I see. I take it would be seperate from Sony then?

thee would be no more sony.  one part of sony would be the company that owns PS(and maybe media) and the rest would be anoter company.  without selling anything, the owner(shareholder) just get 1 share from each companys for every sony share they have.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
Cloudman said:

I see. I take it would be seperate from Sony then?

thee would be no more sony.  one part of sony would be the company that owns PS(and maybe media) and the rest would be anoter company.  without selling anything, the owner(shareholder) just get 1 share from each companys for every sony share they have.

Oh, well, thanks for answering all my Qs. : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Roronaa_chan said:

Sony has been set on a path intent on increasing the value of the Playstation brand. Aside from creating services such as PS Now and PS Vue, the rebranding of old services such as Music unlimited and others with a new name including the PS brand, Sony wants to drive up the price as much as possible. Fattening the pig before the slaughter, so to speak. Seeing as how, despite its "success", it doesn't bring much in the way of profit to the company, they'll sell it when the price is right to fill some of their financial holes and pursue the few more profitable avenues they have instead of PS.

That doesnt make sense.

IF anything I feel like sony is gambling on Playstation, trying to grow it for profits.

Not to sell it but as a means of makeing money for their company (their future is entertainment).

Basically thier going to leave things like the smart phones and TVs behinde, and focus more on entertainment, eg Movies & gameing.

*edit:

Anyone seen the new tv series for playstation? called Powers (with super heros).

Its pretty badass.

SpokenTruth said:
Why would Sony cut off their leg to save their toe?

Brilliant :)

Also I think Playstation is their future, it would be really short sighted to sell it off.

I see them growing it, and hopeing for a netflix like success for Playstation Plus (ps+).

They want to end up a 1 in all service for all your entertainment needs.  Movies&TVseries, tv channels, and games.

Sony make their own movies and tv series (Ms dont) which is why there is more synergy there for sony than for Microsoft, going this route. (sony will succede if they try this).

This will lead to bigger profits from said entertainment productions, along with driveing sales for the playstation plus subscription.

Roronaa_chan said:

Sony has been set on a path intent on increasing the value of the Playstation brand. Aside from creating services such as PS Now and PS Vue, the rebranding of old services such as Music unlimited and others with a new name including the PS brand, Sony wants to drive up the price as much as possible. Fattening the pig before the slaughter, so to speak. Seeing as how, despite its "success", it doesn't bring much in the way of profit to the company, they'll sell it when the price is right to fill some of their financial holes and pursue the few more profitable avenues they have instead of PS.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261