By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Um, no. Playstation now is more than just a gaming platform, it's now a content delivery service, which the company is leveraging into the future by tying in several other parts of the company into that service. SEN leverages their content, games, movies, TV shows etc... So, selling the Playstation brand would be silly, at this early stage in that endeavor.

Additionally, can people PLEASE stop insinuating, suggesting or even thinking that Playstation is their most profitable division. It isn't (it's gaining momentum, but it's not their most profitable division). I could explain further, but I'll wait for Kowenicki to explain, since that's his wheelhouse.

Around the Network

OP, I think you're absolutely right. But the bigger question is, is SONY gonna buy the iphone brand from Apple after they get that money from selling ps? I think they will and of course the next step will be Samsung Galaxy. I'm equally confident in my prediction.

@Ka-pi96:
Hehehe... Why use logic anyway, right?

IF it came down to it, Sony would shut down everything BUT PlayStation and become a gaming only company.

yeah lets sell Playstation when its doing better than it has done in the past decade or so...

AND YEAH! lets do it when its one of the reasons Sony is finally starting to do good in a financial way overall

Around the Network

My sig won't be able to take all of these Sony predictions soon.

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:
You don't think Sony is just trying to increase the PS brand to earn more money from it?

Nah, that's too logical.

Yeah, you dont normally just market your brand and work in order to make it bigger just to sell it, you do it in order to increase its recognition and gain more money from it.

Tachikoma said:
IF it came down to it, Sony would shut down everything BUT PlayStation and become a gaming only company.

This is exactly what i thought would happen when they were doing bad financially.

Playstation is all Sony has at this point.

I don't think the new $1200 Walkman is going to take off.

Mnementh said:

Is this a joke-thread? Playstation is their most profitable part. Why should they sell it?

It is really is another one of OP's jokes ...

While Playstation isn't their biggest income generator, but it is one of them, which is the point, it makes money, which seems to be what the OP is trying to claim isn't the case, it is, essentially making the OP's point moot.

The only way Playstation isn't a part of Sony anymore is if there isn't a Sony, since they're actually on the rise and Playstation is making money Playstation isn't going anywhere.