By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction - Sony will sell Playstation before the end of this generation

Wat. No way jose. They just cut back on other areas to focus more on PlayStation, but I doubt it's in the hopes of selling it.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Playstation would be the last thing Sony would sell.

So what remaing then besides playstation...?

PlayStation became a major reason why Sony found great success. Even as their TV divisions started to falter back in '02 (I think), the PS2 easily helped made up for the losses. Even as costly as the PS3 was, it would end up turning a profit years later. Granted, Sony is still in the red, but they would be near bankrupt if the PlayStation Brand wasn't present.

If anything, the PlaySration Brand itself has an immensive amount of power and legacy behind it. Tossing away such a legacy isn't something Sony should be doing right now. Sony is in the middle of a Renaissance. For their plans to succeed, the PlayStation Brand is absolutely needed.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

No they wont

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I am not saying its impossible but very unlikely

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sorry, i don't want be rude, but... Are you on drugs right now?
That was the WORST prediction ever. Sounds to me more like a personal wish.

The PS4 is selling really well so I don't see them needing to sell the brand. Only when it's dying is when they would consider selling it.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Roronaa_chan said:

Sony has been set on a path intent on increasing the value of the Playstation brand. Aside from creating services such as PS Now and PS Vue, the rebranding of old services such as Music unlimited and others with a new name including the PS brand, Sony wants to drive up the price as much as possible. Fattening the pig before the slaughter, so to speak. Seeing as how, despite its "success", it doesn't bring much in the way of profit to the company, they'll sell it when the price is right to fill some of their financial holes and pursue the few more profitable avenues they have instead of PS.

Is this a joke-thread? Playstation is their most profitable part. Why should they sell it?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

You don't think Sony is just trying to increase the PS brand to earn more money from it?