By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the gap in sales between PS4 and X1 be greater or smaller in 2015?

YTD 2014 sales show PS4 with a lead of 5.9 million.  With three weeks left, the gap should increase to about 6.5 million.

Do you think next year's gap will be greater or less than than this years?

Xbox One has had a stronger showing in the UK & US towards the latter part of this year.  MS could decide to be more aggressive in EU in terms of pricing.

PS4 has more room to drop price in the US, Japan's baseline should increase, console launches in China (but that is unlikely to be significant).

What do you think and why?

Around the Network

Playstation 4 is loaded next year with exclusives nothing to exciting for Xbox One except Halo 5 (soory I don't follow Xbox that much inform me if there are more big titles). I don't think Microsoft will continue to sale it at a lost next year and the pricing will probably return to normal. Even with the clearly better deals the Xbox One only manage to slow down the world wide gap but haven't closed it all. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Kami said:

Your chart is old. 

PS4 17.3M and Xbox One 10.1M is what is showing right now. With that being said I say the gap increases next year. 

That is 2014's chart.  I'm asking if the gap next year will be bigger or smaller when you just look at the sales from that year, not overall

Kami said:

Your chart is old. 

PS4 17.3M and Xbox One 10.1M is what is showing right now. With that being said I say the gap increases next year. 

Playstation 4 is loaded next year with exclusives nothing to exciting for Xbox One except Halo 5 (soory I don't follow Xbox that much inform me if there are more big titles). I don't think Microsoft will continue to sale it at a lost next year and the pricing will probably return to normal. Even with the clearly better deals the Xbox One only manage to slow down the world wide gap but haven't closed it all. 

YTD <> LTD

celador said:
Kami said:

Your chart is old. 

That is 2014's chart.  I'm asking if the gap next year will be bigger or smaller when you just look at the sales from that year, not overall

My bad honest mistake I wasn't paying enough attention. I still think the Gap increases. Microsoft won't continue to sell the Xbox One at a lost and 2015 is looking great for Playstation. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Around the Network

X1 promotion ends by January 3 2015 and the lead for PS4 is poised to keep up. The gap has every chance to widen.

The gap will definitely increase. PS4 will have a much better year thanks to all of the exclusives, especially in Japan while XB1 sales will fall off a cliff with the price going back to $399 and no exclusives for a long time. That being said, if the price doesn't go back up to $399 then it'll make this a lot harder to call

Yes.

Kami said:

Quantum Break, Tomb Raider (Timed) and Crackdown

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

It all depends on if MS raises the price back or not.