By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the gap in sales between PS4 and X1 be greater or smaller in 2015?

The worldwide gap will continue to increase.

Around the Network

Very much possible, better games next year, more than likely stronger japanese sales and the ability to be a lot more flexible with the price next holiday season (assuming that there isn't a full on price cut next year, which is not unlikely either) to counter MS' holiday shenanigans all say that a higher gap next year could easily happen.

Of course the gap will increase who on earth would doubt that.

The Gap will increase. Once the fire sales are over, PS4 will start to sell better than X1 also in NA.

In Europe, Japan and Rest of the World the difference will be huge ---> playstation brand, more exclusive games, better multiplatform games. Things will be interesting again after Nov the 1st 2015. We will see how Sony will answer the usual aggressive MS strategy in NA and UK.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Xenostar said:
Of course the gap will increase who on earth would doubt that.

I thought the OP was asking if the PS4 will outsell the X1 by a larger amount next year than it has this year.

Around the Network

Next year will be very interesting for sure. The first half I expect Playstation to be very dominate with a much larger library of both first and 3rd party exclusives expected in the first 6 months of the year. The back half will be were things could go either way.

If Microsoft delivers with the Windows 10 unification of their devices, then XBO will have a massive advantage over PS4 with the ability to run some of the best productivity software on the market. I also expect Microsoft to partener with either Direct TV or Verizon for OTT television to counter Sony's Playstation Vue. That along with big exclusives like Quantum Break, Halo 5, and More than likly a Marcus Fenix collection will give XBO a well rounded library of content that will be hard to beat in holiday 2015 and beyond.

On the Sony side of things, they have to be prepared to counter Microsofts very real threat of bringing productivity apps to XBO. They need to work with some of the free software makers that have been on X86 for years. I don't do a lot of productivity, but GIMP, and ABIword have always been good to me on both linux and windows. Obviously they are going to need a lot more than that to compete with Microsofts industry lesading productivity software. Beyond that, they have to iron out the PSN issues, and get both PS Now and PS Vue working flawless by the second half of next year. If they can have Sony Network Entertainment running smooth, and push Mucis Unlimited, Video Unlimited, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Vue with huge marketing next holiday, then PS4 may be able to maintain its dominate position. Put all of the above together, with big hitters like Uncharted 4 USA, Gran Turismo 7 in EU, and Final Fantasy 15 in Japan, and PS4 may just be able to maintain or grow the gap year over year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Increase considerably.

Potential price cut aside, exclusives will drive a hell of a whoopin.

PS4 is packed with exclusives for 2015. Plus Xbox One price cut effect will stop. And Sony will hit harder with Uncharted 4 in holiday season. Gap will increase. January 2015 sales will be overall indicator.

some of you keep saying the ps4 is packed with exclusives next year like the xbox one isn't. We have halo 5, tomb raider, quantum break, crackdown, ori and the blind forest and of course unannounced stuff for next year just like the ps4. The overall gap will probably increase but i can see the xbox one taking america.
I mean for holiday next year halo 5 and tombraider will hit harder than uncharted overall (uncharted 4 looks gorgeous) though in general we don't know either companies entire 2015 lineup so who knows.

KBG29 said:
Next year will be very interesting for sure. The first half I expect Playstation to be very dominate with a much larger library of both first and 3rd party exclusives expected in the first 6 months of the year. The back half will be were things could go either way.

If Microsoft delivers with the Windows 10 unification of their devices, then XBO will have a massive advantage over PS4 with the ability to run some of the best productivity software on the market. I also expect Microsoft to partener with either Direct TV or Verizon for OTT television to counter Sony's Playstation Vue. That along with big exclusives like Quantum Break, Halo 5, and More than likly a Marcus Fenix collection will give XBO a well rounded library of content that will be hard to beat in holiday 2015 and beyond.

On the Sony side of things, they have to be prepared to counter Microsofts very real threat of bringing productivity apps to XBO. They need to work with some of the free software makers that have been on X86 for years. I don't do a lot of productivity, but GIMP, and ABIword have always been good to me on both linux and windows. Obviously they are going to need a lot more than that to compete with Microsofts industry lesading productivity software. Beyond that, they have to iron out the PSN issues, and get both PS Now and PS Vue working flawless by the second half of next year. If they can have Sony Network Entertainment running smooth, and push Mucis Unlimited, Video Unlimited, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Vue with huge marketing next holiday, then PS4 may be able to maintain its dominate position. Put all of the above together, with big hitters like Uncharted 4 USA, Gran Turismo 7 in EU, and Final Fantasy 15 in Japan, and PS4 may just be able to maintain or grow the gap year over year.

I cant seriously tell if a joke or serious post.  

None of that will matter, they are gaming devices first and foremost.  Its why PS4 hammered x1 and its grand entertaiment plans.

None of that will help either one.   Its about the games and the value, not much else.