By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the gap in sales between PS4 and X1 be greater or smaller in 2015?

Xevross said:

The gap will definitely increase. PS4 will have a much better year thanks to all of the exclusives, especially in Japan while XB1 sales will fall off a cliff with the price going back to $399 and no exclusives for a long time. That being said, if the price doesn't go back up to $399 then it'll make this a lot harder to call

@Xev this guy is right

@OP

expect xbox one to be down yoy

since theres no titanfall this time

and ps4 japanese sales to be quite great(like 30ks or more a lot there)

plus blood, order, excluisve marketing for mortal kombat and batman arkham knight

against what from xbox one first half

evolve marketing and witcher 3 marketing(which will both sell better on ps4)

its going to be down the first half of the year quite a bit

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Depends on if the X1's price goes back to $399. If it does then I expect the gap to be greater.

it is starting january 3

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Mikmster said:
Aura7541 said:

You don't need to quote for the lolz later on. His first sentence is a huge giveaway since the US gap is 700K with December to go.

I think some people pretand most 2014 does not exist, he may be only counting form Sept.  His corporate overlord said it only starts to matter starting sept or oct.  

Haha, and the funny is that the PS4 won September and October this year! I'm confident that Sony will plan their next holiday season better than they did this season. Even if the PS4 lost next November and December, the amount it will be outsold by will not be as large.

Easy, the gap will be greater

The gap will definitely increase. It has continued to do so globally, even with the XBone being atleast $50 cheaper the past few months. Sony just keeps going, can't wait for all of the great games in 2015.

Around the Network

I think the gap will widen without question. Although I think it will widen at more or less the same pace. So its looking like around a 6 million gap this year between the PS4 and the Xbox One. I'd guess that in 2015 the gap will increase again by about the 5-6 million mark over the course of the year. I'd be amazed if the PS4 isn't ahead by at least 10 million come end of 2015. My guess is about 21-23 million for the XB1 come end of 2015, with the PS4 somewhere around 32-34 million.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M