By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the gap in sales between PS4 and X1 be greater or smaller in 2015?

DJEVOLVE said:
If PS4 plans to cut price, Xbox will counter to 299.99. MS has shown they are willing to be aggressive and it will continue. PS4 will still outsell Xbox One but at a lower pace, unless Xbox can work magic on Europe like US and UK, However very unlikely.

Also, look at Japan this week for PS4 65,000 units. Xbox 844, just WOW! MS has totally failed, they should have launched in Japan Day one. They need to be way more strategic if they even want to get half the sales of PS4 or The Wii U.

From what I know X1 cost $20 more than PS4 to be produced; if Sony want, they can easy sell PS4 at the same price as X1 or slighty higher during Holiday season in NA.

In the Global the Gap will increase, I mean, the difference in units sold in 2015 will be bigger than 2014.   The X1 momentum in NA and UK because of fire sales will disappear very soon, and expect PS4 to outsell X1 from Jan in both NA and UK.   The Rest of the Planet will be owned by PS4, and this time I can see Sony more aggressive in the Holiday season 2015. This is why I believe 2015 will be even worse for MS VS Sony as global units sold.  My bet. 

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
DJEVOLVE said:
If PS4 plans to cut price, Xbox will counter to 299.99. MS has shown they are willing to be aggressive and it will continue. PS4 will still outsell Xbox One but at a lower pace, unless Xbox can work magic on Europe like US and UK, However very unlikely.

Also, look at Japan this week for PS4 65,000 units. Xbox 844, just WOW! MS has totally failed, they should have launched in Japan Day one. They need to be way more strategic if they even want to get half the sales of PS4 or The Wii U.

From what I know X1 cost $20 more than PS4 to be produced; if Sony want, they can easy sell PS4 at the same price as X1 or slighty higher during Holiday season in NA.

In the Global the Gap will increase, I mean, the difference in units sold in 2015 will be bigger than 2014.   The X1 momentum in NA and UK because of fire sales will disappear very soon, and expect PS4 to outsell X1 from Jan in both NA and UK.   The Rest of the Planet will be owned by PS4, and this time I can see Sony more aggressive in the Holiday season 2015. This is why I believe 2015 will be even worse for MS VS Sony as global units sold.  My bet. 

Xbox is $20 more with Kinect? Also Sony does not have the money to throw around Like MS. They need every single penny they make at this point.

DJEVOLVE said:
Nate4Drake said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Xbox is $20 more with Kinect? Also Sony does not have the money to throw around Like MS. They need every single penny they make at this point.

Give me a break if I'm wrong, but I read that the Kinect-less X1 cost $20 more than PS4 to be produced.

And I agree that MS have more money to throw. But I believe Sony could keep the price just $20 higher than MS, and saving other $20 to produce PS4, it's a $40 more in the Sony pocket per unit sold. Now, these are numbers based on today production. I don't know what these numbers will be in a year from now :)    The production cost will be lower for both in a year, but I suppose the PS4 will be still cheaper to be produced.

PS : The Xbox One with Kinect costs $471 to make. The PS4 costs $381.    I think the Kinect-less X1 costs $401 to make.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

TheGoldenBoy said:
The worldwide gap will continue to increase.

Easy as that.

The gap is getting larger right now even with the biggest Xbox One's offers and with no cards use by Sony.

DJEVOLVE said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

With (probably) the first official price cut for PS4, and with many people pushing their Xbox purchases forward due to holiday deals, not to mention PS4's stronger line up in the first half, I'd say the gap will be bigger.

Plus, you'd expect sales for both to increase on their second year, and if they have a similar percentage increase, it would mean a bigger raw number increase for PS4. It's very natural for products and basically expected. 

Yes but the second half of the year will See Halo 5's launch, along with massive sales. They also cut price for the season to 299. or at least for Black friday Either way you will see a lower price cut then 350.

Sure, but those kinds of crazy deals already happened this year, so they're not gonna help widen the gap compared to this holiday season.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

Give me a break if I'm wrong, but I read that the Kinect-less X1 cost $20 more than PS4 to be produced.

And I agree that MS have more money to throw. But I believe Sony could keep the price just $20 higher than MS, and saving other $20 to produce PS4, it's a $40 more in the Sony pocket per unit sold. Now, these are numbers based on today production. I don't know what these numbers will be in a year from now :)    The production cost will be lower for both in a year, but I suppose the PS4 will be still cheaper to be produced.

PS : The Xbox One with Kinect costs $471 to make. The PS4 costs $381.    I think the Kinect-less X1 costs $401 to make.

Kinect cost $75 to make this should actual put it to 396 however this is off very rough estimates. So it could be below that.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/171697-xbox-one-costs-more-to-make-than-the-ps4-thanks-to-esram-and-kinect

Nate4Drake said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Honestly I wouldn't put too much faith in those numbers, I know it's the best we have but even if the X1 and PS4 did cost that much to make at one point they almost certainly don't anymore.

Troll_Whisperer said:

Sure, but those kinds of crazy deals already happened this year, so they're not gonna help widen the gap compared to this holiday season.

How does this thread have anything to do with this year? Also the deals completely slowed the widening of the gap, as will the deals next year. I also bet they keep the xbox at $350 or push it back down after a month or 2.

The gap will be wider US xbox sales are slowing down and the reasons lordlichtenstein told

DJEVOLVE said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

How does this thread have anything to do with this year? Also the deals completely slowed the widening of the gap, as will the deals next year. I also bet they keep the xbox at $350 or push it back down after a month or 2.

Huh? It has everything to do with this year.

It's about the gap this year (6m so far, prob. 6.5m by the end) vs. the gap next year. Whether PS4 will outsell Xb1 by more or less than 6.5m next year.

You said next year's deals will make the gap smaller than 6.5m. I'm saying this year already saw crazy deals, so next year's are not an advantage in this fight.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.