By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the gap in sales between PS4 and X1 be greater or smaller in 2015?

Plain and simple, Bigger.

Around the Network
Mikmster said:
KBG29 said:
Next year will be very interesting for sure. The first half I expect Playstation to be very dominate with a much larger library of both first and 3rd party exclusives expected in the first 6 months of the year. The back half will be were things could go either way.

If Microsoft delivers with the Windows 10 unification of their devices, then XBO will have a massive advantage over PS4 with the ability to run some of the best productivity software on the market. I also expect Microsoft to partener with either Direct TV or Verizon for OTT television to counter Sony's Playstation Vue. That along with big exclusives like Quantum Break, Halo 5, and More than likly a Marcus Fenix collection will give XBO a well rounded library of content that will be hard to beat in holiday 2015 and beyond.

On the Sony side of things, they have to be prepared to counter Microsofts very real threat of bringing productivity apps to XBO. They need to work with some of the free software makers that have been on X86 for years. I don't do a lot of productivity, but GIMP, and ABIword have always been good to me on both linux and windows. Obviously they are going to need a lot more than that to compete with Microsofts industry lesading productivity software. Beyond that, they have to iron out the PSN issues, and get both PS Now and PS Vue working flawless by the second half of next year. If they can have Sony Network Entertainment running smooth, and push Mucis Unlimited, Video Unlimited, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Vue with huge marketing next holiday, then PS4 may be able to maintain its dominate position. Put all of the above together, with big hitters like Uncharted 4 USA, Gran Turismo 7 in EU, and Final Fantasy 15 in Japan, and PS4 may just be able to maintain or grow the gap year over year.

I cant seriously tell if a joke or serious post.  

None of that will matter, they are gaming devices first and foremost.  Its why PS4 hammered x1 and its grand entertaiment plans.

None of that will help either one.   Its about the games and the value, not much else.  

What about this would be a joke?

PlayStation Vue, Direct TV, and Verizon's OTT Television services are going to be huge next year. Many people that do subscribe to cable are fed up with the inadequate equipment and out dated services. If these services are anywhere near similar in price to traditional cable, people will be doing a lot of research next year, and with no commitments, they will be free to try all avenues.

As far as Windows 10 and productivty apps go. This is a dream come true for every kid that has ever lived on the planet. If you can tell your parents that this $300 device can play all the games you like, and you can do research, and right your papers on it, that is the kind of stuff that will get many parents to take the plung. Games and entertainment are one thing, adding education, and productivity opens up the doors to millions, if not billions more consumers.

PS4 and XBO are moving out of the territory of the hardcore gamer, and towards the casual audience that uses the consoles for a lot more than games. With next year most likly seeing $299.99 price tags, it will be a lot different consumer looking at the consoles than Feruary to March 2013. At this point the games are coming, and the more services, software, and functionality a console has becomes a lot more important.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

XBO will still have a price advantage but PS4 has the much stronger lineup. That along with a stronger worldwide presence I fully expect the gap to grow.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

KBG29 said:

What about this would be a joke?

PlayStation Vue, Direct TV, and Verizon's OTT Television services are going to be huge next year. Many people that do subscribe to cable are fed up with the inadequate equipment and out dated services. If these services are anywhere near similar in price to traditional cable, people will be doing a lot of research next year, and with no commitments, they will be free to try all avenues.

As far as Windows 10 and productivty apps go. This is a dream come true for every kid that has ever lived on the planet. If you can tell your parents that this $300 device can play all the games you like, and you can do research, and right your papers on it, that is the kind of stuff that will get many parents to take the plung. Games and entertainment are one thing, adding education, and productivity opens up the doors to millions, if not billions more consumers.

PS4 and XBO are moving out of the territory of the hardcore gamer, and towards the casual audience that uses the consoles for a lot more than games. With next year most likly seeing $299.99 price tags, it will be a lot different consumer looking at the consoles than Feruary to March 2013. At this point the games are coming, and the more services, software, and functionality a console has becomes a lot more important.

so a joke it is, in a world(1st world) where most 10 year olds have a phone tablet and a home PC.  A kids dream is to hope their parents are total morons and will fall for such a joke reason to buy a video game console.  Iv seen people go to some great lengths to bs them selves and justify their purchases.  But you take the prize.  Why the hell would any one buy a GAMING console for any of that when they can get a tablet pc laptop hell phone to do that ??? 

Gaming, thats why they sale and will sale.  Not tv movies or lmao education.  Whats the average age of a gamers around 30 right, so yahh kids parents and education on video game console lol.  Step back into reality bro, you are really grasping at straws in the 4th dimention here.

Much greater due to the lack of xb1 exclusives in the first half of 2015.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

Greater, as I think Sony will cut the price somewhere in June or September and the effect will be huge!

I also expect the PS4 to have a much better Q4(relatively), due to this price cut and many more exclusives and next-gen only.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

With (probably) the first official price cut for PS4, and with many people pushing their Xbox purchases forward due to holiday deals, not to mention PS4's stronger line up in the first half, I'd say the gap will be bigger.

Plus, you'd expect sales for both to increase on their second year, and if they have a similar percentage increase, it would mean a bigger raw number increase for PS4. It's very natural for products and basically expected. 

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

If they keep the price break, no the gap will slow, if not it will widen. If I was MS I would just raise price for a month or 2 and cut it back down to 350.

Troll_Whisperer said:

With (probably) the first official price cut for PS4, and with many people pushing their Xbox purchases forward due to holiday deals, not to mention PS4's stronger line up in the first half, I'd say the gap will be bigger.

Plus, you'd expect sales for both to increase on their second year, and if they have a similar percentage increase, it would mean a bigger raw number increase for PS4. It's very natural for products and basically expected. 

Yes but the second half of the year will See Halo 5's launch, along with massive sales. They also cut price for the season to 299. or at least for Black friday Either way you will see a lower price cut then 350.

DJEVOLVE said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Yes but the second half of the year will See Halo 5's launch, along with massive sales. They also cut price for the season to 299. or at least for Black friday Either way you will see a lower price cut then 350.

Are you saying Halo 5 will cause massive sales?