By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is bigger in the first quarter 2015, "The Order 1886" or "Bloodborne"?

Which game is bigger in the first quarter?

The Order 1886 will rock! 90 23.75%

Bloodborne of course! 126 33.25%

I play both games! I can not wait <3 105 27.70%

No idea. 24 6.33%

See results 24 6.33%

Yakuza Zero/Dragon Quest Heroes : P 10 2.64%

Total:379
Madword said:
Burek said:
Madword said:

What is wrong with giving anyone money before you know about it. I'm sorry, do you ever go to the cinema to watch a film without actually knowing what the whole film is, or perhaps you rent a game or movie without knowing much about it. People are being way more judgemental about gamers pre-ordering a product than they do about anything else. I guess you might have recieved some suprise presents for christmas that you knew nothing about, perhaps you should have asked to try them before getting them. I suspects there are cases in your life where you have ordered something without knowing much about it, did you go to a resturant and order a meal without ever trying it before... there are a ton of similar examples. People are just crap talking... picking out games and game companies as some special case, but ironically, they are just being silly.

You know some people have jobs and have to work, so ordering online is a perfectly reasonable assumption than having to drive home from work and then go out and buy it. You are making assumptions based on your situation, not on what others might want to do, this is my point. If people want to pre-order anything, then they are well within their rights, and just because you can pop down the shops on the day of release if you feel like it, why can those who cannot or dont want to, do the same.

Have you ever gone to the cinema to find out parts of the movie are missing? Or that it sometimes dips below 24fps? 

Or received half a Christmas present with instructions to buy the second half separately?

Did you get a Christmas present that doesn't work because they ran out of time to complete it and had to ship it in time for the shopping season?

Have you bought a car with no windshield wipers because they are preorder exclusives from a certain car dealer?

People are singling out game developers because they are the only ones delivering broken products and expecting people not to complain. They are the only ones that think it's OK to charge a full price for half a product, and expecting people to not use the other half until they fix it.

Absolute BS... sorry.

Have I ever gone to the cinema or purchased a movie that was trash... yeah of course. Have I ever watched a movie that was poorly directed or terribly written - any movie by Michael Bay says hi (transformers was on the other night what a load of old crap). 

Did I ever get a product that didnt work... are you telling me you've never had any present/product that didnt work... I purchased an Xperia Z3 phone the other day, didnt work out of the box. That phone's cost was £500 if not on a contract. What about the new iPhone 6 that bends... yeah that must be ok, not as bad as a buggy game.

Have you ever purchased a brand new car that has broken down... I've seen quite a few on the side of the road, and some of them were over £10k... bit more problematic than a £40 game I would say.

If you are saying that games are the only product that *EVER* supplies a broken product, I'm sorry you are just wrong or you are not old enough to experience buying products of value for yourself.

I guess you decide to read selectively because it suits your point:

- I did not write about bad movies, I wrote about watching a movie that was technically screwed up (no sound, frames missing, scenes missing, fps slowdown). I doubt anyone expect that to happen when they go to the cinema. Bad movie, sure - but bad screening, no way! And when the screening goes badly, the theater owner says "Come back tomorrow when we apply the patch!"

As for your other examples, it is obvious you misunderstood, but using them, all I can say is: All those other products offer a warranty to replace the defective product. Only games you cannot replace or get your money back (unless you beg Sony/MS a lot).

And again, to copy paste my point: "Game developers are the only ones delivering broken products and expecting people not to complain"

Around the Network

I like Bloodborne more, but The Order will be bigger.

It seems the order will be bigger from a sales standpoint, but personally I am far more interested in bloodborne.

Madword said:
DerNebel said:

Again, all that you're saying makes absolutely zero sense and definitely doesn't apply to me in the least.

First and foremost the cinema isn't $60  per ticket and actually no, I always have a general idea what a film is about and have heard some opinions about it before I actually go and pay for it. And nope I have not received surprise present (not that that isn't an absolutely horrible analogy anyway, since people are not rarely very disappointed with surprise presents) either. The restaurant is the same, I highly, highly doubt that you'd ever go to a restaurant and pay $60 for a meal that you've never tried before, if you haven't heard good things about it.

Also, you conveniently left out the digital part of my post, you can easily buy the game on day 1 with the PS app and have it to my knowledge even download while you're at work, so that's another reason for pre ordering gone.

And I find it hilarious that you're actually trying to make this into a fanboy thing, have you somehow not been paying attention in the last couple months? This has nothing to do with personal vendettas against certain games or companies, it's all about stopping companies from releasing broken games.

I am making perfect sense thanks.

Well if i go to the cinema with my family it costs around £28 just for tickets (before I buy food) so yeah thats starting to get expensive. I am using that as an example... I am not saying, oh the price is different.... I am saying people find something like like the look of and go and watch or buy, games are no different.

You are suggesting that people have no idea about the games they are buying... I know perfectly well what the Order and Bloodbourne or any other games are before i buy it... how is that any different to a meal, cinema, or music... it's not. 

Ah yeah people *NEVER* go to a resturant they havent been before and buy a meal. I dont know if you live in a small bubble somewhere where you only go to a single place... but just cause you dont doesnt mean no one else doesnt.  

People dont have to buy digital... some people dont want to buy digital. Stop using your own opinion of what you do as a reason why others shouldnt or cant.

Also I have no where made this a fanboy thing... you are the one to bring up fanboy. I am saying as an industry as a whole, not any particular company or game.

Also I am happy to take the risk of there being issues with games day 1, games are very complex things you know... there have been technical problems with games for over 30 years. Some of us can handle that... dont need a nanny state to tell me what to do. I mean Elite Frontier was so broken that you had to order a replacement set of disks through the post... thats when broken games were a problem, these days, these issues are nothing.

You know perfectly well what The Order is about, of course you do... I had that exact same sentiment when I was a teenager and bought games basically on sight without doing much research about them, back then it was "Oh it's a JRPG I'm sure I'll like it" but since I've been burned several times because of that I don't do it anymore. You know I learn from my mistakes.

And you should really read what I actually wrote, I have never said anything about only going to one restaurant in your life, I said that people hardly ever pay $60 for a meal they've never tried before if they haven't had it recommended to them/heard good things about it.

Same with the digital thing, I didn't tell you that you have to buy games digitally (seriously, did you even read my post properly before responding), what I did was give you legitimately better alternatives to pre ordering games, which you basically only refuted with "I don't wanna do that" and "I'm lazy".

Finally that last paragraph has got to be a joke. "There have been technical problems with games for over 30 years". So fucking what? How does that make releasing broken games nowadays ok? Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you pre ordered a game and got home on release day to play it just to realize that half of the game wasn't working and wasn't going to for over a month, that wouldn't be an issue to you?

Bloodborne no doubt!

Around the Network

Bloodborne because The Order 1866 will get bad reviews.

The Order will sell more, but I don't think Bloodborne will sell as little as some people are thinking. It's a new ip, no one outside of the hardcore gamers think it's like dark souls. i know many people who are buying this game because they think it looks fun, and they are casual players. If the Order gets a 75+ meta I will take it, because I'm expecting not so good to bad reviews, possibly good reviews, and expecting to enjoy the game regardless.

Vasto said:

Wouldn't it be a great world where reviews decide about how big a game will get?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bloodborne interests me a lot more. The Order looks a bit meh. We shall see.

My 8th gen collection

vivster said:
Vasto said:

Wouldn't it be a great world where reviews decide about how big a game will get?

Not at all

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m