By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is bigger in the first quarter 2015, "The Order 1886" or "Bloodborne"?

Which game is bigger in the first quarter?

The Order 1886 will rock! 90 23.75%

Bloodborne of course! 126 33.25%

I play both games! I can not wait <3 105 27.70%

No idea. 24 6.33%

See results 24 6.33%

Yakuza Zero/Dragon Quest Heroes : P 10 2.64%

Total:379
GTAexpert said:

Bloodborne will get better reviews, while I will like The Order: 1886 more.

Also I think The Order: 1886 is more niche since it has no multiplayer and is focussed on the story. Most TPS gamers buy games for fast-paced multiplayer action, not slower-paced single player which is story oriented. I think it'll easily deliver what it promises to do, and that has nothing to do with innovations in gameplay which journalists have criticesed it for so often.

What? Really? So fast-paced multiplayer action is the main selling point for TPS games? Like GTA, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Resident Evil...

Well, if that's true, The Order has no chance. 

Around the Network
vivster said:
bubblegamer said:
Aerys said:

Worse, you would have great games like Evil Within, Deadly Premonition or Driveclub that would sell bad because of underrated review

Indeed. And you can add Lords of the Fallen to that list too, lol even though it's reviews weren't THAT bad. Reviews are crap most of the time, just look how high the likes of COD keep scoring.

There may be good games scoring too low but I doubt that there are bad games scoring too high.
From all I heard the latest COD really is a big step up.

There are a lot of average games scoring too high, essentially big names.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Can a game even score too high if people have fun with it?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Aerys said:

Can a game even score too high if people have fun with it?

By this logic, every game should reach 80 on meta if some  people have fun with it and only really bad broken games like Sonic Boom would be under that

I'm really excited for both. I'll probably like The Order more as I tend like third person shooter better and I like games that are heavily story based which the order seems to be.

Around the Network
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Also I think The Order: 1886 is more niche since it has no multiplayer and is focussed on the story. Most TPS gamers buy games for fast-paced multiplayer action, not slower-paced single player which is story oriented. I think it'll easily deliver what it promises to do, and that has nothing to do with innovations in gameplay which journalists have criticesed it for so often.

What? Really? So fast-paced multiplayer action is the main selling point for TPS games? Like GTA, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Resident Evil...

GTA, RE and TLOU are not third-person shooters. And Uncharted and Tomb Raider are partly action-adventure games so not really comparable with The Order: 1886.

Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Compare The Order to the TPS's you just mentioned and I think it becomes clear why this game might not sell a shit ton like people seem to be expecting. All of the above games are very meaty third person action games. From what we've seen comparing The Order to Uncharted or even TLOU is no more accurate then comparing it to Beyond 2 souls.

GTAexpert said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

GTA, RE and TLOU are not third-person shooters. And Uncharted and Tomb Raider are partly action-adventure games so not really comparable with The Order: 1886.

I think The Order has more to do with TLOU than with Gears , even the dev often said they aim for a similar experience offered by TLOU, it's not just a TPS, they aim for a story driven experience with different paces just like TLOU

teigaga said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Compare The Order to the TPS's you just mentioned and I think it becomes clear why this game might not sell a shit ton like people seem to be expecting. All of the above games are very meaty third person action games. From what we've seen comparing The Order to Uncharted or even TLOU is no more accurate then comparing it to Beyond 2 souls.

The Order: 1886 looks like a very meaty single-player game, its not going to be nearly as bad as any Quantic Dream game.

Stop hating on this game. We know you hate it, no need to criticise a game before its even released.

GTAexpert said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Truly, only GTA is not TPS. Both TLoU and RE definitely are... I also like how everybody seems to know exactly how The Order compares to all of them.

I also really would like to know which fast-paced multiplayer oriented TPSs are out there excluding Gears.