By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is bigger in the first quarter 2015, "The Order 1886" or "Bloodborne"?

Which game is bigger in the first quarter?

The Order 1886 will rock! 90 23.75%

Bloodborne of course! 126 33.25%

I play both games! I can not wait <3 105 27.70%

No idea. 24 6.33%

See results 24 6.33%

Yakuza Zero/Dragon Quest Heroes : P 10 2.64%

Total:379
GTAexpert said:
teigaga said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Bloodborne will get better reviews, while I will like The Order: 1886 more.

Also I think The Order: 1886 is more niche since it has no multiplayer and is focussed on the story. Most TPS gamers buy games for fast-paced multiplayer action, not slower-paced single player which is story oriented. I think it'll easily deliver what it promises to do, and that has nothing to do with innovations in gameplay which journalists have criticesed it for so often.

What? Really? So fast-paced multiplayer action is the main selling point for TPS games? Like GTA, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Resident Evil...

Well, if that's true, The Order has no chance. 

Compare The Order to the TPS's you just mentioned and I think it becomes clear why this game might not sell a shit ton like people seem to be expecting. All of the above games are very meaty third person action games. From what we've seen comparing The Order to Uncharted or even TLOU is no more accurate then comparing it to Beyond 2 souls.

The Order: 1886 looks like a very meaty single-player game, its not going to be nearly as bad as any Quantic Dream game.

Stop hating on this game. We know you hate it, no need to criticise a game before its even released.

It could be but I would say its an uncertaintity at this point.

Around the Network
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Bloodborne will get better reviews, while I will like The Order: 1886 more.

Also I think The Order: 1886 is more niche since it has no multiplayer and is focussed on the story. Most TPS gamers buy games for fast-paced multiplayer action, not slower-paced single player which is story oriented. I think it'll easily deliver what it promises to do, and that has nothing to do with innovations in gameplay which journalists have criticesed it for so often.

What? Really? So fast-paced multiplayer action is the main selling point for TPS games? Like GTA, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Resident Evil...

Well, if that's true, The Order has no chance. 

GTA, RE and TLOU are not third-person shooters. And Uncharted and Tomb Raider are partly action-adventure games so not really comparable with The Order: 1886.

Truly, only GTA is not TPS. Both TLoU and RE definitely are... I also like how everybody seems to know exactly how The Order compares to all of them.

I also really would like to know which fast-paced multiplayer oriented TPSs are out there excluding Gears.

I consider TLOU to be more of a survival horror and adventure game than TPS. As for RE isn't it a survival horror series? I've never played an RE game so I don't know exactly, but I thought its a survival horror game.

GTAexpert said:

I consider TLOU to be more of a survival horror and adventure game than TPS. As for RE isn't it a survival horror series? I've never played an RE game so I don't know exactly, but I thought its a survival horror game.

Well, TLOU is a stealth shooter first and foremost. Just like RE 4, 5 and 6 are shooters first, with minimal survival elements, if any.

Since that seems to have been missed, all the games I mentioned are games that have a multiplayer portion next to their single player content. Yet none of those games are ever considered to be successful due to their multiplayer. Sure, some of those have a well done MP, but it is always a welcome addition rather than a selling point.

That was in response to your claim that single player TPS are doomed to fail, as the audience denands fast paced multiplayer for those games to succeed.

I think bloodborne will sell higher and score a higher score meta. I still plan to get both though,

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Burek said:
GTAexpert said:

Well, TLOU is a stealth shooter first and foremost. Just like RE 4, 5 and 6 are shooters first, with minimal survival elements, if any.

Since that seems to have been missed, all the games I mentioned are games that have a multiplayer portion next to their single player content. Yet none of those games are ever considered to be successful due to their multiplayer. Sure, some of those have a well done MP, but it is always a welcome addition rather than a selling point.

That was in response to your claim that single player TPS are doomed to fail, as the audience denands fast paced multiplayer for those games to succeed.

You can put TLOU as a shooter maybe, but I consider it be more of a survival horror game. Difference of opinions I guess.

Anyways, the developer behind TLOU has a very large fanbase and it got incredble reviews, and RE is a very well-established franchise available on multiple platforms. Multiplayer is important because many people don't consider short SP-only games worth full price, even if they are interested in it. It doesn't necessarily have to be the focus, but it does have to be there.

With the amount of negative articles and press on The Order: 1886, and with some site wanting it to fail, its going to be tough ride for it. Even if consumers love it, bad reviews can easily prevent others from trying it out.

Around the Network

FF Type-0 because it's popular worldwide

PS4 Game Collection

DerNebel said:

You know perfectly well what The Order is about, of course you do... I had that exact same sentiment when I was a teenager and bought games basically on sight without doing much research about them, back then it was "Oh it's a JRPG I'm sure I'll like it" but since I've been burned several times because of that I don't do it anymore. You know I learn from my mistakes.

And you should really read what I actually wrote, I have never said anything about only going to one restaurant in your life, I said that people hardly ever pay $60 for a meal they've never tried before if they haven't had it recommended to them/heard good things about it.

Same with the digital thing, I didn't tell you that you have to buy games digitally (seriously, did you even read my post properly before responding), what I did was give you legitimately better alternatives to pre ordering games, which you basically only refuted with "I don't wanna do that" and "I'm lazy".

Finally that last paragraph has got to be a joke. "There have been technical problems with games for over 30 years". So fucking what? How does that make releasing broken games nowadays ok? Are you seriously trying to tell me that if you pre ordered a game and got home on release day to play it just to realize that half of the game wasn't working and wasn't going to for over a month, that wouldn't be an issue to you?

I dont really care about you getting burned about buying games... I dont care that you dont want to buy games day 1..and I dont care that you dont think much of the order... to me it looks great. I will buy both these games and more.... and guess what, that will be day 1.

The restrurant thing was a point I was trying to make, that many people just choose to go out or buy things, they dont sit there and go online and read reviews... because some of us are not that sad to live our lives by other peoples opinions.... cause you know what, we are all different and like different things. I mean serious $60 for a meal... thats not particularly expensive now is it... i think i can afford to just go for a meal and see what it's like without some one elses views. Not all of us are sheep you know.

You know what... considering how many games that I have purchased (and it's quite a few)... you know how many are "Broken".... 0. Some have issues such as networking, yeah fine... but actually broken that I cannot use or get any value out of = 0.  Yeah I might moan that I cannot do something, but you know what, I dont live my life getting all upset because some companies need to create a patch. Perhaps you need to go out more... I can recommend some resturants.. Hah.

I have the money, and i love games, so i will buy them as i choose.... some issues with a small number of games isnt going to put me off. Maybe you are tight on funds, perhaps you dont have many games, perhaps you want to take your time and see whatever other people say, thats fine. But dont expect everyone to care.

The only joke here, is you complaining about people buying games day 1, on a gaming forum for gamers.

So it looks like we are going to agree to disagree, thats fine...

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Splatoon

Bigger on sales The Order 1886, bigger on review and meta score is Blood Borne.

I would say pretty obviously BB since the game is pretty much seen as a sequel to a series that had 3 games prior. Order will sell well amongst the Sony fanbase but is a game that would otherwise sell poorly if it were multiplatform. It could be the foundation for something big though.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling