By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is bigger in the first quarter 2015, "The Order 1886" or "Bloodborne"?

Which game is bigger in the first quarter?

The Order 1886 will rock! 90 23.75%

Bloodborne of course! 126 33.25%

I play both games! I can not wait <3 105 27.70%

No idea. 24 6.33%

See results 24 6.33%

Yakuza Zero/Dragon Quest Heroes : P 10 2.64%

Total:379

Yakuza!!!!!!

Around the Network

Why do people think The Order will outsell Bloodborne?

Bloodborne has the established fanbase, the hype and relevance in Japan for a few extra 100k WW sales. The Order has the look to appeal to the masses but thats about it. Nothing we've seen gameplay wise is gonna convince the general public to get it and the word of mouth will most likely be bad lol

Bloodborne will get better reviews, while I will like The Order: 1886 more.

Also I think The Order: 1886 is more niche since it has no multiplayer and is focussed on the story. Most TPS gamers buy games for fast-paced multiplayer action, not slower-paced single player which is story oriented. I think it'll easily deliver what it promises to do, and that has nothing to do with innovations in gameplay which journalists have criticesed it for so often.

teigaga said:

Bloodborne has the established fanbase, the hype and relevance in Japan for a few extra 100k WW sales. The Order has the look to appeal to the masses but thats about it. Nothing we've seen gameplay wise is gonna convince the general public to get it and the word of mouth will most likely be bad lol

For all we know, The Order: 1886 could end up like Driveclub, which has average reviews but very good word-of-mouth.

I'm betting on that.

Aerys said:
vivster said:
Vasto said:
Bloodborne because The Order 1866 will get bad reviews.

Wouldn't it be a great world where reviews decide about how big a game will get?

Not at all

Well yeah, we wouldn't have any good indie games anymore because all the good devs were buried by all the money they made. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
teigaga said:

Yep, there is no way to say which one will sell more, considering the previous games and the fact this time it's an exclusive heavily promoted, Bloodborne should sell at least 2M.

As amazing as The Order could be, i dont see it reaching 2M being a new IP

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

vivster said:
Aerys said:
vivster said:
Vasto said:
Bloodborne because The Order 1866 will get bad reviews.

Wouldn't it be a great world where reviews decide about how big a game will get?

Not at all

Well yeah, we wouldn't have any good indie games anymore because all the good devs were buried by all the money they made. But that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Worse, you would have great games like Evil Within, Deadly Premonition or Driveclub that would sell bad because of underrated review

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I will buy both, sure, but I'm more hyped by Bloodborne.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Aerys said:

Worse, you would have great games like Evil Within, Deadly Premonition or Driveclub that would sell bad because of underrated review

Indeed. And you can add Lords of the Fallen to that list too, lol even though it's reviews weren't THAT bad. Reviews are crap most of the time, just look how high the likes of COD keep scoring.

bubblegamer said:
Aerys said:

Indeed. And you can add Lords of the Fallen to that list too, lol even though it's reviews weren't THAT bad. Reviews are crap most of the time, just look how high the likes of COD keep scoring.

There may be good games scoring too low but I doubt that there are bad games scoring too high.
From all I heard the latest COD really is a big step up.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.