By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is bigger in the first quarter 2015, "The Order 1886" or "Bloodborne"?

Which game is bigger in the first quarter?

The Order 1886 will rock! 90 23.75%

Bloodborne of course! 126 33.25%

I play both games! I can not wait <3 105 27.70%

No idea. 24 6.33%

See results 24 6.33%

Yakuza Zero/Dragon Quest Heroes : P 10 2.64%

Total:379

The Order is a TPS similar to Gears. If the reviews are at least decent, it will outsell Bloodborne handily. The only situation where this isn't happening is if critics slaughter The Order because I really can't see Bloodborne getting less than 85 of Meta.

Around the Network

Bloodborne. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls has a following and is a proven franchise.

Ready at Dawn is unproven. All they've done is take someone else's IP, stick to the formula that was placed into their hands, and make a game out of it. We don't know how well their own creativity will pan out.

Madword said:
AnthonyW86 said:
KBG29 said:
Already have both games pre-ordered on PSN. I think The Order will sell better, and be the better game, but I hope both turn out to be good and profitable.

Why would you pre-order digital games? That's really like telling the developer that they get you're money regardless if the game turns out to be good or not.

No problem pre-ordering games... i'm sorry, people need to get off their high horses with the whole pre-order stuff.

If someone wants something day 1, then they can pre-order and download it ready to play as soon as it becomes available. Simples. 

Why can we not support developers, is that a problem? Is it the fact that people might like the look of a game that other people may not? I'm sorry, there is no probelm with pre-ordering a game at all.

I'm going to pre-order the Order from Amazon, because it looks like a game I want to play... why would i want to not play it on day of release. Do you not go to the cinema or watch a movie or listen to music the day the item arrives/released... or perhaps you dont watch your favourite tv show when the latest episode is on TV... cause its better to wait and see what everyone else says right.... sorry it's BS. 

I dont need some game reviewer to tell me what games I will or wont like, I dont need other people to tell me what games I will or wont like, I and others are able to make decisions based on what we see/hear. If its a game I am concerned about, I wouldnt buy it day 1... but if its something I am excited for, then i will.

So lets drop the whole pre-ordering a game is wrong situation. People have been doing it for years (hey people purchased consoles day 1 what a bunch of idiots right - no they are not).

It seems to me more that you're the one on the high horse here, dismissing people saying that giving devs/publishers money for a product before that product is out is pointless and saying that you know before doing something that you're going to like it or not, without listening to anyone else.

And your reasoning doesn't even make any sense, we're not in a time anymore where it is remotely necessary to pre order something to play it day 1, there is always enough stock and even if there isn't then you can still download a game. So go online on release day and check if there are possibly problems with a game or anything and then you can still buy and play it day 1 without buying it on good faith before it's out.

Both will be great. However, The Order will be the bigger of the two sales wise while Bloodborne will have the high reviews if it follows the same trend of the souls serises.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

DerNebel said:
Madword said:
AnthonyW86 said:
KBG29 said:
Already have both games pre-ordered on PSN. I think The Order will sell better, and be the better game, but I hope both turn out to be good and profitable.

Why would you pre-order digital games? That's really like telling the developer that they get you're money regardless if the game turns out to be good or not.

No problem pre-ordering games... i'm sorry, people need to get off their high horses with the whole pre-order stuff.

If someone wants something day 1, then they can pre-order and download it ready to play as soon as it becomes available. Simples. 

Why can we not support developers, is that a problem? Is it the fact that people might like the look of a game that other people may not? I'm sorry, there is no probelm with pre-ordering a game at all.

I'm going to pre-order the Order from Amazon, because it looks like a game I want to play... why would i want to not play it on day of release. Do you not go to the cinema or watch a movie or listen to music the day the item arrives/released... or perhaps you dont watch your favourite tv show when the latest episode is on TV... cause its better to wait and see what everyone else says right.... sorry it's BS. 

I dont need some game reviewer to tell me what games I will or wont like, I dont need other people to tell me what games I will or wont like, I and others are able to make decisions based on what we see/hear. If its a game I am concerned about, I wouldnt buy it day 1... but if its something I am excited for, then i will.

So lets drop the whole pre-ordering a game is wrong situation. People have been doing it for years (hey people purchased consoles day 1 what a bunch of idiots right - no they are not).

It seems to me more that you're the one on the high horse here, dismissing people saying that giving devs/publishers money for a product before that product is out is pointless and saying that you know before doing something that you're going to like it or not, without listening to anyone else.

And your reasoning doesn't even make any sense, we're not in a time anymore where it is remotely necessary to pre order something to play it day 1, there is always enough stock and even if there isn't then you can still download a game. So go online on release day and check if there are possibly problems with a game or anything and then you can still buy and play the game day 1 without buying it on good faith before it's out.

What is wrong with giving anyone money before you know about it. I'm sorry, do you ever go to the cinema to watch a film without actually knowing what the whole film is, or perhaps you rent a game or movie without knowing much about it. People are being way more judgemental about gamers pre-ordering a product than they do about anything else. I guess you might have recieved some suprise presents for christmas that you knew nothing about, perhaps you should have asked to try them before getting them. I suspects there are cases in your life where you have ordered something without knowing much about it, did you go to a resturant and order a meal without ever trying it before... there are a ton of similar examples. People are just crap talking... picking out games and game companies as some special case, but ironically, they are just being silly.

You know some people have jobs and have to work, so ordering online is a perfectly reasonable assumption than having to drive home from work and then go out and buy it. You are making assumptions based on your situation, not on what others might want to do, this is my point. If people want to pre-order anything, then they are well within their rights, and just because you can pop down the shops on the day of release if you feel like it, why can those who cannot or dont want to, do the same.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:

What is wrong with giving anyone money before you know about it. I'm sorry, do you ever go to the cinema to watch a film without actually knowing what the whole film is, or perhaps you rent a game or movie without knowing much about it. People are being way more judgemental about gamers pre-ordering a product than they do about anything else. I guess you might have recieved some suprise presents for christmas that you knew nothing about, perhaps you should have asked to try them before getting them. I suspects there are cases in your life where you have ordered something without knowing much about it, did you go to a resturant and order a meal without ever trying it before... there are a ton of similar examples. People are just crap talking... picking out games and game companies as some special case, but ironically, they are just being silly.

You know some people have jobs and have to work, so ordering online is a perfectly reasonable assumption than having to drive home from work and then go out and buy it. You are making assumptions based on your situation, not on what others might want to do, this is my point. If people want to pre-order anything, then they are well within their rights, and just because you can pop down the shops on the day of release if you feel like it, why can those who cannot or dont want to, do the same.

Have you ever gone to the cinema to find out parts of the movie are missing? Or that it sometimes dips below 24fps? 

Or received half a Christmas present with instructions to buy the second half separately?

Did you get a Christmas present that doesn't work because they ran out of time to complete it and had to ship it in time for the shopping season?

Have you bought a car with no windshield wipers because they are preorder exclusives from a certain car dealer?

People are singling out game developers because they are the only ones delivering broken products and expecting people not to complain. They are the only ones that think it's OK to charge a full price for half a product, and expecting people to not use the other half until they fix it.

The Order is a showpiece "game"
Bloodborne is a gamers game

That's really all there is to say about it

Burek said:
Madword said:

Have you ever gone to the cinema to find out parts of the movie are missing? Or that it sometimes dips below 24fps? 

Or received half a Christmas present with instructions to buy the second half separately?

Did you get a Christmas present that doesn't work because they ran out of time to complete it and had to ship it in time for the shopping season?

Have you bought a car with no windshield wipers because they are preorder exclusives from a certain car dealer?

People are singling out game developers because they are the only ones delivering broken products and expecting people not to complain. They are the only ones that think it's OK to charge a full price for half a product, and expecting people to not use the other half until they fix it.

Absolute BS... sorry.

Have I ever gone to the cinema or purchased a movie that was trash... yeah of course. Have I ever watched a movie that was poorly directed or terribly written - any movie by Michael Bay says hi (transformers was on the other night what a load of old crap). 

Did I ever get a product that didnt work... are you telling me you've never had any present/product that didnt work... I purchased an Xperia Z3 phone the other day, didnt work out of the box. That phone's cost was £500 if not on a contract. What about the new iPhone 6 that bends... yeah that must be ok, not as bad as a buggy game.

Have you ever purchased a brand new car that has broken down... I've seen quite a few on the side of the road, and some of them were over £10k... bit more problematic than a £40 game I would say.

If you are saying that games are the only product that *EVER* supplies a broken product, I'm sorry you are just wrong or you are not old enough to experience buying products of value for yourself.

Madword said:
DerNebel said:

And your reasoning doesn't even make any sense, we're not in a time anymore where it is remotely necessary to pre order something to play it day 1, there is always enough stock and even if there isn't then you can still download a game. So go online on release day and check if there are possibly problems with a game or anything and then you can still buy and play the game day 1 without buying it on good faith before it's out.

Again, all that you're saying makes absolutely zero sense and definitely doesn't apply to me in the least.

First and foremost the cinema isn't $60  per ticket and actually no, I always have a general idea what a film is about and have heard some opinions about it before I actually go and pay for it. And nope I have not received surprise present (not that that isn't an absolutely horrible analogy anyway, since people are not rarely very disappointed with surprise presents) either. The restaurant is the same, I highly, highly doubt that you'd ever go to a restaurant and pay $60 for a meal that you've never tried before, if you haven't heard good things about it.

Also, you conveniently left out the digital part of my post, you can easily buy the game on day 1 with the PS app and have it to my knowledge even download while you're at work, so that's another reason for pre ordering gone.

And I find it hilarious that you're actually trying to make this into a fanboy thing, have you somehow not been paying attention in the last couple months? This has nothing to do with personal vendettas against certain games or companies, it's all about stopping companies from releasing broken games.

DerNebel said:

Again, all that you're saying makes absolutely zero sense and definitely doesn't apply to me in the least.

First and foremost the cinema isn't $60  per ticket and actually no, I always have a general idea what a film is about and have heard some opinions about it before I actually go and pay for it. And nope I have not received surprise present (not that that isn't an absolutely horrible analogy anyway, since people are not rarely very disappointed with surprise presents) either. The restaurant is the same, I highly, highly doubt that you'd ever go to a restaurant and pay $60 for a meal that you've never tried before, if you haven't heard good things about it.

Also, you conveniently left out the digital part of my post, you can easily buy the game on day 1 with the PS app and have it to my knowledge even download while you're at work, so that's another reason for pre ordering gone.

And I find it hilarious that you're actually trying to make this into a fanboy thing, have you somehow not been paying attention in the last couple months? This has nothing to do with personal vendettas against certain games or companies, it's all about stopping companies from releasing broken games.

I am making perfect sense thanks.

Well if i go to the cinema with my family it costs around £28 just for tickets (before I buy food) so yeah thats starting to get expensive. I am using that as an example... I am not saying, oh the price is different.... I am saying people find something like like the look of and go and watch or buy, games are no different.

You are suggesting that people have no idea about the games they are buying... I know perfectly well what the Order and Bloodbourne or any other games are before i buy it... how is that any different to a meal, cinema, or music... it's not. 

Ah yeah people *NEVER* go to a resturant they havent been before and buy a meal. I dont know if you live in a small bubble somewhere where you only go to a single place... but just cause you dont doesnt mean no one else doesnt.  

People dont have to buy digital... some people dont want to buy digital. Stop using your own opinion of what you do as a reason why others shouldnt or cant.

Also I have no where made this a fanboy thing... you are the one to bring up fanboy. I am saying as an industry as a whole, not any particular company or game.

Also I am happy to take the risk of there being issues with games day 1, games are very complex things you know... there have been technical problems with games for over 30 years. Some of us can handle that... dont need a nanny state to tell me what to do. I mean Elite Frontier was so broken that you had to order a replacement set of disks through the post... thats when broken games were a problem, these days, these issues are nothing.