By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie, implies that there isn't a big difference between Xbox and PS4

Nem said:
OttoniBastos said:
Nem said:

You really cant say its untrue, because it isnt. How many exclusive party titles did Sony and Microsoft release this year? Lets not waste time with indies or downloadable only please, no one buys systems because of those.

X1: Fantasia, Sunset overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo master chief CL, Kinect sports Rivals, Shape up.

PS4: Driveclub, Infamous second sun, The last of Us remastered.

Wii U: Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Sonic Boom ryse of lyric, Super smash brothers, and Captain Toad Treasure tracker in the US.

Now take into account that 3 of those X1 exclusives are aimed at casuals and not gamers (Fantasia, Kinect Sports rivals and Shape up) and my point is made. Not untrue. Its just an unconfortable truth that many choose to ignore. Th Wii U is clearly a better second system due to the ammount of exclusives it has.

Oh did i mention how one of those on both X1 and PS4 is just a souped up port of a last gen game? Yeah...

Who is in the market 2 years and who is in the market at 1?

Besides they have Third party games to fill the gaps(games that WiiU don't have).

Those are besides the point. The point is that the Wii U is a better second system than the X1 or PS4 are in 2014. To make it clear, if you have an X1 or PS4, you will get a wider variety of games to get if you get a Wii U than if you get the other one.

If that isnt the case in the future, its something that Sony and Microsoft will have to prove, but is unlikely.

This is what is beeing said by Reggie and i totally agree.

Should have read this post first. If your point is that "right now" the WiiU is a better secondary console, then you are likely correct. However, that will likely change as the gen goes on. Just look at the difference a year made for WiiU. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Chubomik said:
Multishanks said:
Some of y'all are jumping to conclusions like you life depends on it. He is not invalidating them as platforms. He is stating that he would rather be with Nintendo because it differentiates itself from the other two.....which is more than true.

Half of you all are responding by saying that's why the sales are so bad, because it's different........

What does that have to do with what he is saying?

It's a shame people don't pay attention to golden posts like this and still spew out their bile.

Nintendo was trying to be just like the competition but failed. If anyone saw their pr for yhe wii u before the other next gen consoles launched reggie was going on a cod campaign saying it was the most powerful console to play it on. Reggie is a silver tongue. He will say whatever serves the moment.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chubomik said:
Multishanks said:
Some of y'all are jumping to conclusions like you life depends on it. He is not invalidating them as platforms. He is stating that he would rather be with Nintendo because it differentiates itself from the other two.....which is more than true.

Half of you all are responding by saying that's why the sales are so bad, because it's different........

What does that have to do with what he is saying?

It's a shame people don't pay attention to golden posts like this and still spew out their bile.

Nintendo was trying to be just like the competition but failed. If anyone saw their pr for yhe wii u before the other next gen consoles launched reggie was going on a cod campaign saying it was the most powerful console to play it on. Reggie is a silver tongue. He will say whatever serves the moment.

So......He was ultimately write by now saying he'd rather have a differiated console even though he would love to have COD on the system.

What is your point and what are you talking about? 

He has a point.
Like PS3/360, their libraries are very similar. Neither has a killer exclusive yet either.

pokoko said:
Well, he's kind of right about the PS4 and Xbox One being similar. I mean, they're both mashing the Wii U into the ground in terms of having the very best third-party games, which drive the industry, while having their own high-quality exclusive titles.

I guess he wanted it to sound like a negative but it's really not.

Am I the only who realized that he was not saying anything negative about the PS4 or Xbox One.

I feel you have to be very defensive to see it that way. I personally don't have any drive to get either one and I am usually a multiconsole owner because they lack the exclusives that would make me jump, but that isn't to say they are bad.....

Around the Network

Reggie going on the offensive only shows that he knows the Wii U is complete trash. He's finally, subliminally, admitted to it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Euphoria14 said:

How many exclusives did Nintendo release in the WiiU's first year?

NintendoLand (& Wii Party U & Wii Sports Club), ZombieU, Lego: Undercover, Game&Wario, Pikmin 3, NSMBU & NSLU, Wonderful101, WWHD, 3DWorld, and Sonic Lost Worlds.

So...

Porcupine_I said:
Reggie "All Multi-Platform games will look best on the WiiU" Fils-Aime said that?

Yeah, another facepalm-worthy stuff from Reggie. It's time he get's replaced, he is a disgrace for Nintendo.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

but they're both dif from nin as they actually have 3rd party games on their system in the first place

Vena said:

Euphoria14 said:

How many exclusives did Nintendo release in the WiiU's first year?

NintendoLand (& Wii Party U & Wii Sports Club), ZombieU, Lego: Undercover, Game&Wario, Pikmin 3, NSMBU & NSLU, Wonderful101, WWHD, 3DWorld, and Sonic Lost Worlds.

So...

Wii Sports Club is download only, so apparently it doesn't count. Want to include them though? If we do then WiiU will lose out. It needs these special rules to get the win.

NSLU was DLC that was also sold at retail, so we get to now count InFamous: First Light.

ZombieU came out in 2012, so it isn't included either. We aren't including PS4 2013 titles. If we do then PS4 gains Knack & Killzone Shadowfall, more if we include downloable titles, since you want to use Wii Sports Club.

Sonic Lost World is 3rd party unfortunately. He was referring to Nintendo/Sony/MS developed titles. If we do that PS4 gains Natural Doctrine & Guilty Gear Xrd and if we use downloable titles PS4 gains even more, like The Witness, HellDivers, etc...

So we get 11 WiiU to 8 PS4 and ONLY if we refuse to acknowledge downloable only titles by establishing rules that benefit WiiU in the argument.

PS4 has plenty of exclusive software, regardless of what Reggie says. He is blind.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!