By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie, implies that there isn't a big difference between Xbox and PS4

Multishanks said:

http://recode.net/2014/11/05/nintendos-reggie-fils-aime-on-holiday-strategy-call-of-duty-and-mobile-games-qa/

I agree with a lot with what he is saying as they both have nothing that have caught my eye other than remasters from 7th gen games. 

Discuss

Similar architecture, similar design, similar philosophies, similar games including genres of their exclusive titles. 

Unfortunately it got a bit worse when MS bactracked on their original plans inlcuding further Kinect support.

Hopefully by the end of next year, the two consoles should start to differentiate themselves a lot more, but I think

the WiiU will further outclass both platforms with the type of exclusives that will be available in its library.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Reggie's right, they are practically the same.

Reggie is childish, the Wii U was also practically the same in it's first year, since like we all know, only exclusives make the difference.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
bigtakilla said:

Reggie is childish, the Wii U was also practically the same in it's first year, since like we all know, only exclusives make the difference.

Yeah, but we all knew Nintendo was going to go its own way sooner than later. And those games are where the Wii U shines. The simple facts are we don't need 3 machines offering a lot of the same content.

Reggie has no idea what he's talking about. He's in no position to be bashing his competitors anyway.

Some of you got really defensive over this... Its just PR, nothing more. There is a hint of truth to it though, at least IMO.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Aerys said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, but we all knew Nintendo was going to go its own way sooner than later. And those games are where the Wii U shines. The simple facts are we don't need 3 machines offering a lot of the same content.

So what you are saying is we dont need the Wii U ? Because the PS4 will be at least as much different and will shine with a large variety of exclusives ( and likely more than Wii U since PS4 has first party + japanese support), and with all these exclusives, it will also get all the multiplatforms.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

One of the primary reasons the Wii was my favourite 7th gen console was because it offered something different.
At this rate, it looks like Wii U will be the same.

How's the wii u selling, Reggie lmao

I still don't get it why sales == quality... I mean, take a look at the music industry. More people listen to crappy, cheesy pop songs, than jazz, blues, progressive rock/metal, classical. does this make these genres obsolete and needs to be bashed by community? objectively speaking, these genres are quality work, while pop songs are trash. so, while Wii U has quality ORIGINAL titles like Mario 3D World (93 metacritic) and Bayonetta 2 (91 metacritic), the other console exclusives quality leaves a lot to be desired... neither PS4 nor Xbox One has such a critically acclaimed exclusive title so far, yet they are selling like hotcakes. why? better marketing... (i mean, better at lying). the best selling games on these consoles are Watch_Dogs and Destiny and both of them are mediocre games with a good marketing. while ACTUALLY good games like Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation sold mediocre to fair amounts of copy and i can guess, that Sunset Overdrive will sell somewhere around Shadow of Mordor (200k). my point is quality doesn't sell anything... good marketing is what sells something and Nintendo is actually to honest for their own fault. they don't release bullshots, don't talk about big things like next-gen graphics and gameplay, they just want to release quality and FUN titles. which is sadly, something that takes a backseat in games these...

MohammadBadir said:
When Reggie's blatantly right, all you can do is make digs at the WiiU's sales.